Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-2014, 10:36 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon19 Daily Prayers - May

May 1

Oh Heavenly Father, in whom I live and move and have my being, I humbly pray you so to guide and govern me by your Holy Spirit, that in all the joys, occupations, and cares of this day I may never forget you, but remember that I am ever walking in your sight. In Christ's name, I pray, Amen.

Jesus, Son of God, thank You for setting me free to make wise choices. Thank You for giving me wisdom beyond my natural understanding. I purpose to stand firm, and I do not intend to let myself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery to old hang-ups and insecurities. Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty—emancipation from bondage –there is freedom. As a servant of the LORD, I refuse to quarrel; instead, I will be kind to everyone, able to teach, and I am not resentful. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

Lord Jesus, how shall we pray?

"Pray to your Father in heaven in this way: 'Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name.'" (Matthew 6:9)

We are to reverence His holy name, for He is a sovereign God -- Creator and Overseer of the universe, my world, and my life!

"'Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.'" (Verse 10)

If we seek to know Him and His will through His Word and the promptings of the Holy Spirit, and if we are obedient to His commands, then He will help us to fulfill our greatest potential, and we in turn will be filled with His great joy, and will experience His "kingdom on earth"!

"'Give us this day our daily bread.'" (Verse 11)

Help us to learn to trust You for our needs -- not our wants -- and then to recognize Your surprise blessings as You provide them, remembering always to thank You for them.

In Your holy name we pray.

Amen.

(To be continued tomorrow)

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

My Creator, give me joyful eyes for joyful nature. May I be alive to the gentle influences of a May day which bring new experiences to all who may receive them: and may I serve thee by unfolding to others the love of truth, the love of good, and the love of beauty. Amen.

On this day, Lord, we can celebrate many achievements of humanity as a whole, but never let us forget that each and every individual needs to be held in respect. We pray today for the unemployed and for those unable to work, and we ask you to give success to the work of our hands. Amen.

Dear Father God, I am so thankful to be called a child of God. Forgive me when I fall into the devil's trap of complaining or worrying. Lord, help me to cast my cares upon You, for I know that You care for me. Help me also to not allow contrary circumstances to get me down, but rather, may I remember that I serve a mighty God Who is greater than my circumstances. I do praise You, Lord, and when I think of all the things You have done for me over the years, I am truly grateful. Fill me with Your joy, peace and love daily so that I might serve You with a merry heart. I ask this in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

All Things in Order

1 Corinthians 14:26-33

Dear Father, God of intelligibility and peace,

When we come together and each of us has something to contribute, may everything be done to build up the body. Let us do things one by one, or by pairs or triplets at most, so that all may learn and be encouraged.

For you, our God, are not like the pagan gods, a god of confusion and hysteria, but are a god of peace. Let us honor you by doing things decently and in order.

Submitting to your commands of peace and order, I ask this in Jesus' name. Amen.

“A Prayer For Valueing Different Gifts”

Father, You have called us, Your servants, to exercise our gifts of prophesying, serving, teaching, encouraging, contributing to the needs of others, leading, and being vessels of Your mercy. Help us not to be fearful or timid in exercising our spiritual gift that flows from Your power within us, since it is not for our glory but rather for the building up of the body of Christ. We are inadequate within ourselves, but fully sufficient according to the grace given us through Your Holy Spirit. We seek affirmation from You, the ministry opportunities You provide us and other mature believers, to confirm our spiritual giftings. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.

Lord Jesus, we look to you on the throne beside your Father in heaven and ask that you be Lord of peace in our hearts. Help us to overcome ourselves again and again and to remain at peace. Then your will may be done in your disciples, a power of peace may be around us that goes out into the whole world, and your name may be glorified on earth. For you are Lord of peace, and we await you. In difficult times faith and hope will take hold in our hearts all the more firmly, to your glory, Lord Jesus. For you will suddenly come according to your promise as the One who does God's will on earth among all men. Amen.

Dear Father, I thank you for this day. Please forgive me for what I have done wrong. Grant me the wisdom to understand what I have done wrong so that I may make it right.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply