Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > Newcomers Recovery Help and Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Newcomers Recovery Help and Support Stop in here if you are new to recovery and share with us. Feel free to ask questions and for support here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-24-2013, 10:32 AM   #11
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Like this, so many people think it is safe, yet we are only an arm's length away from that next drink or drug, depending on our spiritual decision. Unless I am making a 12 Step call, I really don't have a reason to be some places, I also find that if the place isn't good for me mentally and emotionally, I am setting myself up for relapse, be it family and/or friends.

Normally I have no problems going into a restaurant that serves alcohol, but one day I met with a friend, and we didn't realize it was Gray Cup day. So noisy, we could hardly hear ourselves talk and the beer was flowing, which didn't bother me because I never liked beer. What did happen, was a bottle of wine sitting on the table in the booth next to me, and I found myself, reaching out to touch the bottle. In my mind I wasn't going to drink it, I was just going to look at it. I don't know if it was empty or not, I realized what I was doing, and it was like thinking I was going to be burnt, and pulled back my hand quickly. I felt bad about even having the thought. In the moment, all I thought of was "It is Hochtaler" and it was normal for me to reach out for it. As they say, "It is the thinking behind the drinking."

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply