Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10-31-2013, 09:38 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon19 Daily Prayers - November

November 1

Prayer at Daybreak (by Archimandrite Sophronios)

O Lord Eternal and Creator of all things, who with your unknowable goodness called me to this life; I have no life, no light, no joy or wisdom, no strength except in you, O God. I entreat you, teach me to pray aright. Purify me from all taint of flesh and spirit. Bless this day which you give to me, your unworthy servant.

By the power of your blessing enable me, throughout this day, to speak and act to your glory with a pure spirit, with humility, patience, love, gentleness, peace, courage and wisdom. Let me be always aware of your presence. By the power of your love, grant me to hold fast to that which is good. Preserve me from every word or deed that corrupts the soul; from every impulse unpleasing in your sight and hurtful to my fellow man, my brothers and sisters. This in Christ's name, I pray, Amen.

Prayer for Family and Friends

Blessed are you, loving Father, for all your gifts to me and those close to me. Blessed are you for giving me family and friends to be with me in times of joy and sorrow, to help me in days of need, and to rejoice with me in moments of celebration.

Father, I praise you for your son Jesus, who knew the happiness of family and friends, and in the love of your Holy Spirit. Blessed are you for ever and ever. Amen.

When I think of the greatness of God’s plan, I fall on my knees before God the Father. From his great wealth may he give us power through his Spirit that we may grow strong within. Through faith, may we discover that Christ has made his home within each of us. Then, with our roots and foundations firmly built on God’s love, may we, with all of his saints, grasp just how wide and long and high and deep is Christ’s love. Yes, may we come to experience for ourselves the love of Christ so that we may be filled completely with God himself. This prayer we ask of God who can accomplish far more than we could ever ask for or imagine. Amen. (based on Eph 31 - 14-21)

Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. Colossians 3:16, NIV

Dear Father in heaven, we seek you and your kingdom. We gather to hear your Word so that we may receive strength for our own lives and for all our relationships with others. We want to stand firm, believing that in everything great and small your will is being done and that we may yet experience a new coming of your glory on earth. Then earthly concerns will no longer torment us and wear us out, but heavenly things may surround us and everything become new in accordance with your good, merciful, and perfect will. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2013, 07:51 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 2

Prayer for Purity of Thought

Almighty God, who alone gave me the breath of life, and alone can keep alive in me the holy desires your Spirit brings; I pray to you, in the name of your infinite compassion, to sanctify my thoughts and endeavors this day; that I may not begin to act without a pure intention or continue it without your blessing. And grant that, having the eyes of my mind opened to behold things invisible and unseen, I may in heart be inspired by your wisdom, and in work be upheld by your strength, and in the end be accepted by you as your faithful servant; through Jesus Christ our Savior. Amen.

(from St. Teresa of Avila)

May it please you, my good Lord, that there may come a day when I can repay a little of my great debt to you. O Jesus, strengthen my soul, you who are good above all good; and since you have inclined my soul in this way, show me how I may act for you, whatever it may cost, O Lord. Here is my life, my honor and my will; I have given them all to you and they are yours: use me to do whatever you want. Amen.

Dear Lord, when everything seems to be flying apart in my life and I feel overwhelmed, remind me to stop everything, to sit quietly, to center in on You, and to read Your Word. For only as I return to oneness with You can my harmony be restored. ... Remind me that You are my Shepherd, and I shall not want for inner peace, for strength, for confidence, and for answers, for You have promised that Your Holy Spirit will lead me into all truth and show me where I need to change. ... Thank You, Lord, for always being there for me when I turn to You.

In Your name I pray.

Amen.

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Lord God, help me to consider more carefully what I offer to my friends; and may I not be critical of what I receive from my friends. May I not be a hindrance instead of a help to those who would have my companionship. Amen.

Jesus, may I appreciate life and this day. May I be mindful of the love which surrounds me. You are ever present and lift me up when the cross becomes too heavy. Thank you for the breathe and life you give each day. Another day to feel your compassion and give that care to others.

Lord, help me to grow in love for You and in trust of Your care and concern. Teach me to pray "in Your name," according to Your character, and to rejoice in the answer You give me -- yes, no, wait, grow - as a sign of Your fatherly love for us. John Guest

Thank you Lord for this morning. We are very much thankful for all the blessings you gave us. For all the challenges we are encountering each day. I know you are teaching us to be strong and for molding us to a character that you want us to be. We thank you for our family and friends.

We pray that you will be our Lord of our family and over our work. Bless the hands of our work. May it produce results that are pleasing to you. Give us what you think is good for us. We trust you and we are willing to wait for the right time and opportunity.

May you forgive our sins and lead us not into things that will destroy us.

Thank You, Lord, for allowing me to see this day… Father God, I come to You as humbly as I know how, seeking Your face and patiently waiting as I know You are working things out in my favor. Lord, it’s sometimes difficult to believe that things will get better as we are going through them. I pray that each of us are reminded that Your eye is even on the sparrow! Lord, I am encouraged just knowing that You love me because there is power just in knowing that. As we go about our day today, Father, please go before us and allow us to find favor with those in positions of natural authority over our freedoms, our successes, our incomes, and any other aspect of our lives. Father, it is by Your grace that any of us have made it this far and no matter what trials we are experiencing, You always continue to confirm in our spirits the covenant You made with man.

Lord, there have been mistakes made and I am not always obedient or even pleasing to You… I come before Your throne asking forgiveness for my sins, Father God. Please cleanse me of impurities and help me to be a better me today than I was yesterday. Thank You for convicting my spirit when I am wrong and for giving me opportunities to benefit from my mistakes – to learn lessons that will carry me on an easier path in the future. I know that You have never left me, Lord, and I praise Your name for being a God of truth. My hope is that I am able to walk more closely in Your footsteps daily, continually evaluating myself so that my behavior may be more like Christ. Lord, Your Word tells me that if I delight in You, You will give me the desires of my heart. You know my heart, Lord, and I thank You in advance for preparing me for the greatness that is to come because of the faith I have in Your promises.

Please be with those who are in need, Father God; with those whose health is suffering – give them healing; with those who are hungry, oppressed, persecuted, homeless… bless them. Lord, please be with those who are living in areas of ruin… in areas of war. Please bring unity to the families that are in turmoil, Lord; help them to mend their brokenness by trusting in You to make things right within them. For those whose finances are troubled, Father, please bring them provision; for those whose minds are weary, let them find peace; for those whose bodies are weak, let them find rest. More importantly than them simply finding these things, Lord, let them find these things in YOU. As we begin this day, Lord, let us be reminded of the sacrifice Jesus Christ made so that salvation would be available to us; so that we might know You. I praise You, Father God, for loving us so completely! Hallelujah! All of these things, I pray in the preciously perfect name of Jesus, AMEN!!!

“A Prayer Of Thanks To The Creator”

Father of creation, when I consider the infinite variety of Your handiwork I stand in awe at Your unlimited power, Your incredible creativity, and Your attention to detail. How amazing that You care for the birds, animals, insects, water and plant life and You have a purpose for each of these creations. How much more amazing that You created human life for Your good pleasure and for fulfilling Your purpose to redeem mankind. By the testimony of my life may I bring You glory and honor as I, with exuberant and victorious joy, proclaim with the twenty four elders in heaven, “You are worthy to receive glory and honor and power!” In the glorious name of Jesus I pray, Amen.

Dear Lord, I don't feel I express how much I love that you are in my life. Please know that my heart and soul belong to you. Thank you for all you have done.
Old 11-02-2013, 10:48 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 3

Oh heavenly Lord, who decreed that we should take one day of rest, one special day in remembrance of you, today I celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ, the moment of His glorious victory over death. I add my voice to countless millions of others in thanks, in praise, and in awe of Your sacrifice for us.

Help me, dear Lord, to dedicate these few moments to You completely. You have taught us that we may dwell with you, even while we are caught in this difficult world, and I pray to dwell with you fully now. Guard me against wandering of mind and the intrusion of mundane thought, so that I may be fully present with you, through the power of Your Holy Spirit.

And in the coming week, I pray that my mind may constantly turn to you, so that I may always remember you when I am tempted to anger, to selfishness, to lust for power and the vanities of this world, or any of the myriad temptations that might assail me in the course of life. In the name of Christ and through faith in Him, I pray, Amen.

Eternal God, heavenly Father, you have graciously accepted me as a living member of your Son our Savior Jesus Christ, and you have blessed me with the grace of forgiveness through the sacrifice He made for me and for all people. Send me now into the world in peace, and grant me strength and courage to love and serve you with gladness and singleness of heart; through Christ our Lord. Amen.

My Creator, may I remember that after thou didst create the earth thou didst say it was good. May I love the fragrance and beauty of the flowers which were made to nourish the soul, and the fruits and herbs which were made to nourish the body. May my song of thanksgiving be new every morning, as I awake in the abundance of what thou hast prepared. Amen.

Prayer at Daylight

Lord,
as daylight fills the sky,
fill us with your holy light.
May our lives mirror our love for you
whose wisdom has brought us into being,
and whose care guides us on our way.
We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit,
one God, for ever and ever. AMEN.

Prayer in the Morning

God our Father,
hear our morning prayer
and let the radiance of your love
scatter the gloom of our hearts.
The light of heaven's love has restored us to life;
free us from the desires that belong to darkness.

Prayer To Be Your Witnesses

God our Savior,
hear our morning prayer:
help us to follow the light
and live the truth.
In you, we have been born again
as sons and daughters of light:
may we be your witnesses before all the world.

Prayer To Begin the Day

God our Father,
yours is the beauty of creation
and the good things you have given us.
Help us to begin this day joyfully in your name
and to spend it in loving service
of you and our fellow man.

Prayer To Spend the Day For Your Glory

God our creator,
you gave us the earth to cultivate
and the sun to serve our needs.
Help us to spend this day
for your glory and our neighbor's good.
one God, for ever and ever. AMEN

Sunday Morning
My loving God, I thank You for bringing me safely to another day of worship. How I desire to praise You with a pure heart and right spirit! To that end, I again ask Your forgiveness for all my sins and renewing of my faith. As I speak to You today, fill my heart with true praise and thankfulness for all You have done for me. Lead me to appreciate more fully the blessings of worshiping with my fellow Christians. Thank You for the opportunity to pray and study Your Word with other believers. Make me a faithful witness in my congregation and my family so that others will see me leaning only on You, who saved me in Jesus Christ. Amen.

Sunday Evening
As I end this day, I thank You, Lord, for keeping me safe through the daylight hours. I pray that You would also send angels this night to protect me as I sleep. Awaken me tomorrow refreshed and renewed for the duties of the week. I give You heartfelt thanks for the privilege and freedom to worship You today. May your words of refreshment be a guide and a light for my path through the coming week. Bless my family, my friends, and all those I love who are in special need of Your comforting hand. Strengthen me in body and spirit to serve You as I begin another week. All these things I pray in the name of Jesus, my crucified Savior and risen Lord. Amen.

This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. 1 John 1:5, NIV

Lord our God, rule over us in strength, and grant us your light. Let your Spirit be with us to confirm what has already taken place in our hearts, so that we have joy and trust even under all the strain and stress of this life. Shine into the darkness of the world. Shine for all men. May we be shown more and more clearly what we men have been created for. Strengthen our faith for the future, our faith in everything good, for however hidden the good may be, it must at last come to the light. May we and all the world bring praise and honor to you. Amen.

Dear Lord, I don't feel I express how much I love that you are in my life. Please know that my heart and soul belong to you. Thank you for all you have done.

Dear heavenly Father, I do appreciate the sound advice and wisdom found in the book of Proverbs. Lord, help me to apply this advice to situations in my daily life when I am faced with certain issues. Lord Jesus, give me Your discernment to know how I should relate to certain people who irritate me or bother me in some way. May I respond to them in love and in wisdom. May I know the difference when I am approached by someone with an honest heart or someone who is manipulating me for the wrong purposes. Fill my mouth with wisdom in these cases. I ask this in the name of the Lord Jesus. Amen.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:11 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 4

Prayer to Walk with Christ Today

Dear Heavenly Father, I am learning to understand what your word says. Yet so often I simply hear it or read it and think about applying it, but get no further. I want to do it and intend to do it Lord, but it is gone from my mind so easily. I am deceiving myself if I simply hear it and do not make it a part of my life.

Please help me today to take one truth and apply it to my circumstances. Please let your Holy Spirit nudge me and remind me throughout my day. I know that as I apply what your word says I will find freedom. Please show me what I need to focus on right where I walk today, Father. Help me to be intent on practicing what you reveal to me. I know there is blessing in doing things your way. I give you my will today to want to do what you show me. In the name of Jesus, Amen.

Simple Thanks

For our restful sleep at night,
for the rain and sunshine bright,
For the love that Thou dost send,
For our homes and for each friend,

For the day and all its pleasures,
Grateful thanks I render now.
May our lives pass on the blessings,
None can give to us, but Thou.
Amen.

Hope

Father, You have blessed us with Your grace and peace, strength and confidence, so that we can fulfill our God-given destinies. When You open a door, no one can close it, and when You close it, no one can open it. Thank You for the plans You have for us. You have given us hope and a good future. We lean not unto our own understanding; we remember You in all we do, and we will have good success in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Revelation 3:7-8; Jeremiah 29:11; Proverbs 3:5-6

God our Father, extend our horizons, widen our vision, and remind us how inter-connected we areas your sons and daughters. Breathe your Spirit into us that we may live more truly as brothers and sisters who care for one another. Amen.

You have come to thousands upon thousands of angels in joyful assembly, to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the Judge of all, to the spirits of the righteous made perfect, to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant. Hebrews 12:22–24a, NIV

Lord our God, we thank you that you have redeemed us and that we may feel united with your holy ones, those in heaven and those on earth who are gathered around Jesus Christ, a people growing in number and strength from year to year. We thank you that we too belong to them, and we ask you to keep our hearts aware of this unity so that we may be joyful, redeemed people who find ever greater deliverance, full of praise and thanks, full of certainty and joy. Grant this to us, for we are your people, born out of your power as Savior and gathered for the sake of your kingdom. Guard your gifts and your powers within us. Continue your redemption of the whole world until joy floods through our whole being and we can praise you for the life you have already given us here on earth. Amen.

Thank you, Father for another new day that we can praise and worship You. Remind us today that apart from your love there is no harmony with one other. It is in you that we find love, healing, and forgiveness. If we carry offenses, and unforgiveness, then our heart is bitter and it is evident in our behavior and words. You promised us that if we will live our lives according to your word, we would enjoy the fruits of love, peace, joy, contentment, and perfect rest. Forgive us today and help us to trust your word of truth. Restore broken relationships as we each begin with ourselves, seeking Your forgiveness and healing.

Dear heavenly Father, I am thankful that when we come to You, we can be set free of any character traits that are not like You. Lord, fill me with the Holy Spirit so that I do not allow any angry words to come out of my mouth. Lord, help me not to yield to a contentious attitude nor have an argumentative spirit. May I be a kind and loving person that is a peacemaker. Help me to speak gracious things and to be a good witness in all that I say and do. May I always love and do good to my loved ones all the days of my life. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:59 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 5

Prayer for the Morning

Good morning, dear Father; thank you for this day, Help me to follow you in every way. Let me speak as you speak, and do as you do; Let me help others, as you help them, too.

Help me to be honest, don't let me play games, Help me to grow, yet still stay the same. Help me not to be selfish, to give of my heart, my mind and my labor; Give all - not just part.

Help me to love others, my family, my friends, Bless all of my foes, help me make amends. Help me be kind, Father, where I am needed, let Me give warm attention, and see all needs are met.

Help keep me busy, to strive for the best, Help me not to be lazy, but find needed rest. Let me come to you, Father, throughout the day, Often to thank you, often to pray. Amen.

Prayer of Praise (from Psalm 86)

Give ear, O Lord, to my prayer; and attend to the voice of my supplications. In the day of my trouble I will call upon you: for you will answer me.

Among the gods there is none like you, O Lord; and no works like those you have done. All nations whom you have made will come and worship before you, O Lord; and will glorify your name.

For you are great, and do wondrous things: you are God alone.

Teach me your way, Lord, and I will walk in your truth: unite my heart to fear your name. I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify your name forever. Amen.

Parting Prayer

Lord, pour your love into my heart, that I may love you above all things, and my neighbors as myself. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Loving Others

Father, the end of all things is at hand, and we will be serious and watchful in our prayers. Above all things help us have fervent love for one another — love that covers a multitude of sins. May we be hospitable to one another without grumbling, and minister to each other with the ability You supply. In all things we pray that You will be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belong the glory and the dominion for ever. Amen.

1 Peter 3:7-11

My Father, I pray that I may not through indifference wander without a purpose, or through discouragement stumble through the darkness. May I be drawn to the light by the vision of hopeful and useful days. Amen.

God our Father, open our eyes to whatever may not be just and right in our own surroundings and in our society. Enable us to be of good influence and work in a non-violent way to promote understanding and better relationships that will lead to justice and peace. Amen.

Living in the Spirit

Ephesians 5:15-18

Dear Father,

Help me to be careful about how I live. May I behave not as an unwise person but as a wise one.

Help me make the most of every opportunity, because the days of this age are evil. I don't want to be foolish. I want to understand what the will of the Lord is.

May I never use or abuse alcohol or drugs, which would lead to an undisciplined and wasted life. Instead, let me be drunk with your Spirit.

In Jesus' name. Amen.

“A Prayer For Spiritual Focus”

Father, since we have been raised to new life with Christ Jesus, we set our sights on the joyous realities of our future home up in heaven. Focusing our attention and affection there cushions the painful realities we experience or see in other lives down here. We do not lose heart or allow sin to have dominion over us if we fix our eyes on Jesus, His promises, and our future home in heaven. We do not divert our attention to the world but devote our heart to You, dear Father, so that all will be well with our soul, even when trouble surrounds us. Many need that same hope today, so we must go to this world that is dying and tell of Your salvation to all who will hear this glorious message. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.

The eyes of the Lord are upon them that fear him, he is their powerful protector, and strong stay, a defence from the heat, and a cover from the sun at noon, a preservation from stumbling, and a help from falling... Sirach 34:19-20, Douay-Rheims

Lord God Almighty, whose eyes keep watch over the whole world, we come before you with the evil from our surroundings still clinging to us. Grant that our lives may be in your hands. Give us your strength to find the way, even through suffering and distress. For we are yours, O Lord our God, and you have chosen your people to be strong and to be freed from all evils. Help us, we beseech you. May we know that you are with us and may your Word bring us blessing, to the glory of your name forever. Amen.

Dear Lord, I ask that you grant me the wisdom to overcome the challenges that lie ahead. Help me know that all will turn out fine in the end as you are here to guide me.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for the wealth of wisdom from the book of Proverbs in Your Holy Bible. Help me to apply it to my life in all my daily affairs. Lord, may I always be sincere and honest in my relationships with others. Give me a gentle and understanding heart toward those who do not know You, so that my life and prayers will affect them, and bring them to the knowledge of Your dear Son. Fill me with the Holy Spirit today, so that all whom I come in contact with will sense Your presence. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:06 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 6

Prayer to Do God’s Will

Oh Lord God, Father Almighty who created me and everything I see and enjoy, blessed and beautiful Jesus, love of my heart, bounteous Holy Spirit of God who is so kind as to be with me and comfort me whenever I ask, I thank you for all that I am and all that I have had in my life. Thy will be done, my God. I ask only that you let me know your will for me, for I am often confused or conflicted, and I seek your guidance. Knowing your will for me, let me be anxious for nothing. And I pray for the strength, the power and the energy, to accomplish your purpose. All glory be to you, one God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, who was before time and will be forever, Amen.

Now all glory to God, who is able to keep us from falling away and will bring us with great joy into his glorious presence without a single fault. All glory to him who alone is God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord. All glory, majesty, power, and authority are his before all time, and in the present, and beyond all time! Amen.

Called With A Holy Calling

Father, You have not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, love and of a sound mind. We will not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord. You saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to Your own purpose and grace which was given us in Christ Jesus before time began. You called us and You are faithful to do it in the name of Jesus.

2 Timothy 1:7-9; 1 Thessalonians 5:24

Dear Lord, Your Word says that, "With God all things are possible."* So if I am on Your side, on Your wavelength, living within Your will, then we are on the same side. What more do I need? ... It's up to me to live close to You daily so that I can recognize Your direction for me, isn't it? For then and only then can I step out in faith, trusting that " ... all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose."**

Amen, and Amen, and Amen.

* (Matt. 19:26) ** (Romans 8:28)

Speaking in the Spirit

Ephesians 5:15-20

Dear Father,

Help me speak to my spouse, my family, your church, and the world about you and your grace.

Let my heart and my mouth overflow with the music of praise - psalms and hymns and spiritual songs - as I sing and make melody in my heart to the Lord.

Fill me with constant thanksgiving to you for everything. In the name of the Lord Jesus. Amen.

“A Prayer For Strength For Service”

Father, those whom You call You also equip to do that which we cannot do in ourselves. Some of us come up against extremely difficult odds, whether it’s due to our family history, physical limitations from birth, an accident, disease or aging. Any or all of these negatives have a way of consuming us and can contribute to a victim’s outlook. But You don’t victimize us, Father, You make us Victors as You give us helps along the way, provide caregivers who support and cheer us on. You perform small and big miracles within us to accomplish Your intended will for our lives. You assured a frightened Moses with these words, “I will be with you” and You assure our spirits with the very same message, “I will be with you” no matter how hard the test, how long it endures, or the timing of its appearance. Faithful God, You never change, but are always the same and we’re assured the victory just like Abraham, Moses, Job, Daniel and all the other common, ordinary people of the Bible who became heroes in our eyes. We walk in victory because You are the great I AM and You are with us. We love You and look to You in the name of Jesus. Amen.

On this mountain he will destroy the shroud that enfolds all peoples, the sheet that covers all nations; he will swallow up death forever. The Sovereign Lord will wipe away the tears from all faces; he will remove his people's disgrace from all the earth. The Lord has spoken. Isaiah 25:7–8, NIV

Lord our God, your kingdom is coming. Your help reaches us. However much we must suffer, we look to you, for you have given us your promise. You have promised that all shall go well with us. You have promised that while still on earth your people may have strength to trust in you and wait for you in patience and joy. So lay your hands upon us, O Lord our God, and let your redeeming strength be revealed in us. You know all our needs. You see into each heart and know how to help, as you have promised. Bless us and help us, and may your name be honored among us. May your kingdom come, and your will be done on earth as in heaven. Amen.

Dear Lord, I ask that you grant me the wisdom to overcome the challenges that lie ahead. Help me know that all will turn out fine in the end as you are here to guide me.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:17 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 7

Prayer for the Work of This Day

Almighty God, thank you for the work my hand may find this day. May I find gladness in all its toil and difficulty, its pleasure and success, and even in its failure and sorrow. I would look always away from myself, and behold the glory and the need of the world, that I may have the will and the strength to bring the gift of gladness to others; that with them I stand to bear the burden and heat of the day and offer you my work, as well as I may accomplish it, as praise. Amen.

Lord, in utter humility I thank you and glorify you, that you might hear the prayer of one so small as myself, amidst the billions of souls among billions of stars in one of billions of galaxies in your universe. Let me go forth in your peace, keeping your Spirit always in my mind; and bless me, I pray, that I might always follow your will and live in the radiance of your blessing. Amen.

Comfort

Father, in the darkness of night You are composing a new song for me that I might sing a hymn of praise. Many will see and fear and put their trust in You. By day You direct Your love, at night Your song is with me – a prayer to You, the God of my life. When my heart is breaking You take up the cadence and blend it with Your song of comfort. In the name of Jesus I thank You for loving me. Amen.

Psalm 40:3; Psalm 42:8

Living in Wisdom

Ephesians 5:15-21

Dear Father,

Fill me with your heavenly wisdom, which involves alertness to problems and opportunities, avoidance of addictions, fullness of your Spirit, overflowing joy, and constant thanksgiving!

For your heavenly wisdom is pure, peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial, and sincere. And true wisdom begins with awesome reverence for you!

To you be all the glory, honor, and dominion. Forever and ever!

In the name of Jesus our Lord. Amen.

Has the Lord ever abandoned anyone who held him in constant reverence? Has the Lord ever ignored anyone who prayed to him? The Lord is kind and merciful; he forgives our sins and keeps us safe in time of trouble. Ecclesiasticus 2:10–11, TEV

Dear Father in heaven, Mighty God in heaven and on earth, quicken us by the Word you have sent and by all you have done for us in your mercy and steadfast love. Keep us eager and joyful even in difficult and troubled days. Grant us unfailing trust in you, to give us firm ground under our feet so that we can always thank and glorify you. For you, O Lord, are our God. You are our Father, and you will never forsake your children in all eternity. Amen.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:01 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 8

Oh God, hold me in the palm of your hand. I pray that you will mold me into what you want me to be. May I joyfully fill the role you have given to me and feel your peace deep in my soul, today and always, Amen.

God our Father, may no-one’s negative actions ever overpower my determination to choose to live in a positive way. I know that to forgive someone can be far from being an easy option, and I know that forgiveness isn’t somehow pretending that something wrong hasn’t happened. For what I have done wrong, Father, forgive me to the extent that I am generous in forgiving - or hoping to forgive - those who have done wrong to me. Empower me to break the cycle of any hatred, resentment or bitterness, always resisting evil and conquering it with goodness. Amen.

Submission

Ephesians 5:21-6:9

Dear Father,

Help all of us who reverence Christ to be submissive to each other, even as he submitted himself to the people about him so that he could be their servant-king.

Help wives and husbands submit to each other. Help wives to be respectful. Help husbands to be loving and considerate.

Help parents and children submit to each other. Help children to obey their parents. Help parents to act in the best interest of their children, not provoking them.

Help employers and employees submit to each other. Help employees render the work for which they are paid. Help employers to be fair, to show kindness.

Help all your people everywhere to live even as Jesus did.

In the name of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen.

God of all creation, at the dawning of this new day fill us with wonder and gratitude for the abundance of your blessings. We lift our hearts and voices to praise you for the beauty of the earth, the harvest of field and orchard. Give us hearts that long to share our abundance with those who suffer from want and hopelessness. We ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

“A Prayer For A New Life”

Father, as Your new creation we have crucified our sinful selves and found new life through Your indwelling Holy Spirit. We have given up our old selfish desires and sin no longer masters our thoughts and actions. We deny our sinful nature so that Your will may be accomplished in our lives as we reflect Your glory day by day. Your deliverance power gives us the strength we need to deal with ongoing temptation to yield to our old sinful nature. Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world. It is through Christ that we resist the enemy and yield to the Spirit. Amen.

Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me, has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life. John 5:24, NIV

Lord our God, we thank you for giving us Jesus Christ, whose words remain living to this very day. You will make his words continually alive so that in the name of Jesus Christ joyful praises are sung to you, Almighty God and Father in heaven. Remember us all. Remember the particular needs of each one of us. Come to the world through the words of Jesus Christ. May his words come as your strong angels to the hearts of many to comfort and restore, to help and do miracles for those in need. May your name be praised through the great and mighty Word, Jesus Christ! Amen.

Dear Father, thank you for hearing my prayer. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to learn and understand that for everything that happens there is a reason. Help me understand that I must not question why things happen but to accept that it did and learn how to move forward even in the face of despair.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:24 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 9

To Keep God in Mind This Day

Lord, let me begin this day in devout meditations, in joy unspeakable, and in blessing and praising You, who has given me such good hope and everlasting consolation.

Lift up my mind above all these little things below, which are apt to distract my thoughts; and keep it above, until my heart is fully resolved to seek You every day, in the path where Jesus has trod before me. Amen.

Now all glory to you, mighty God, who is able to keep me from falling away and will bring me with great joy into your glorious presence without a single fault. All glory to you who alone are God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord. All glory, majesty, power, and authority are yours before all time, and in the present, and beyond all time, Amen.

Paths of Righteousness

Father, You are leading me on paths I do not know, past all my fantasies, hopes, doubts and fear. When I go through deep waters and great trouble, You will be with me. When I go through rivers of difficulty, I will not drown! When I walk through the fire of oppression, I will not be burned up–the flames will not consume me. Even though I walk through the shadow of death I will fear no evil. You lead me in the paths of righteousness for Your name’s sake. In the name of Jesus I will rejoice in You and be glad. Amen.

Isaiah 43:2; Psalm 23

My Father, preserve my soul from all selfishness. May I delight in thy teaching as I trust in thy word. I pray that I may not only speak truthfully, but that I may leave the door of my spirit open, that truth may always enter and abide continually. Amen.

Lord, if I ever “build walls”, cutting people off or isolating myself from the needs of others, alert me to what I am doing. Open my eyes to see what unites people rather than what divides us. Show me how to be inclusive and build bridges between people instead of being exclusive and putting up walls that divide. Amen.

Dear Lord, please forgive me for all that I do. Help me make things right that I have done wrong.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:15 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 10

Prayer for Purity of Worship

Almighty God, unto whom all hearts are open, all desires are known, and from whom no secrets are hidden: Cleanse the thoughts of my heart by the inspiration of your Holy Spirit, that I may perfectly love you and worthily praise your holy name. Through Christ I pray, Amen.

Confession

Have mercy on me, Oh Lord, for I am a humble and miserable sinner. [At this point, pause to remember specific sins you have committed during the week and speak or think them.] I renounce all of these sins, heavenly Father, and repent of them, and I promise to make every effort not to repeat them.

Have mercy on me, pardon me for these offences and any I might have omitted from forgetfulness or ignorance; in the name of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior, I pray for forgiveness. And I pray that your Holy Spirit may dwell with me today and throughout the coming week, to comfort me, to give me strength against temptation, and to guide me into the path of righteousness. Amen.

For the Philippines

Heavenly Lord, look down with mercy upon all those in the Philippines who have suffered the terrible devastation of Typhoon Haiyan. Have mercy on the souls of those who have died; comfort and heal those who are injured; and be with all who have lost homes, friends or relatives, or otherwise suffered from this catastrophe. Soften the hearts of the world's people, and encourage them to give of their prayer, their substance and their time to help those who have suffered from this extraordinary storm. In the name of Jesus, your merciful Son, I pray. Amen.

Prayer for the Power of the Holy Spirit

O Holy Spirit, descend plentifully into my heart. Enlighten the dark corners of this neglected dwelling and scatter there Thy cheerful beams.
- Breathe in me, O Holy Spirit, that my thoughts may all be holy.
- Act in me, O Holy Spirit, that my work, too, may be holy.
- Draw my heart, O Holy Spirit, that I love but what is holy.
- Strengthen me, O Holy Spirit, to defend all that is holy.
- Guard me, then, O Holy Spirit, that I always may be holy.
Amen.

by (Saint) Augustine of Hippo, 398 A.D.

Into your hands, O Lord, Jesus Christ, my God, I commend my spirit. Bless me and all those who pray in faith of You this day and throughout the coming week; save us and grant unto us everlasting life. Amen.

Dear Lord, one morning after studying Your Word I prayed and asked for the Holy Spirit's guidance for my day, and for my life. ... Usually, I am in a hurry, and I do not often wait for Your answers. But that morning I waited, and then these words came to me: "Accept each day's challenges! Remember that I have promised to be with you always! Trust Me! I am closer than a cell phone away!" ... Oh Lord, if I step out in faith and trust You, You will be with me, ready to guide and help and strengthen me. ... Your answer may not be just what I had in mind, but remind me that You see the bigger picture - You know what I need. ... Help me, Lord, to recognize my blessings, and to thank You each day. ... You are trustworthy; help me to be that way too!

In Jesus' name we pray.

Amen.

Loving Father, I bless thee for thy goodness and tender mercy which is over all. May I trust thy provision and love through all circumstances, and as I trust myself to thee may I have faith to believe that thou wilt give me strength for what I may have to endure, and believe that thou wilt care for me, as thou dost care for all. Amen.

God our Father, you are very pleased when you see people living fully, developing their talents, living a balanced life, and being of service to others. We ask you to inspire us to live as you would have us live and walk in your presence. Amen.

"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty." Revelation 1:8, NIV

Lord our God, the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end, who was and is and is to come, the Almighty, we thank you for this wonderful message, which is meant for us too, even though our lives often seem empty and sad. But behold, you make all things new for each one of us. Even though we have long tormented ourselves, the light of life will dawn at last and we will be able to rejoice. Continue to protect us and our community. Wake us to new life, for you have called us to believe and to endure to the end. Whatever sorrows and hardships may come, we will remain faithful, O Lord our God. This is our promise to you. We will persevere and say joyfully, "Jesus Christ is coming to make all things new." Amen.

Dear Father, please help me today. I have much to do and very little time. I fear that I may make the wrong decisions and complicate things. Please give me the wisdom to make the right decisions and the strength to follow them through.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:56 PM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 11

To Help Others This Day

Heavenly Lord, I pray that this day, you will continue to bless me, that I may be a blessing to others. Keep me strong that I may help the weak. Keep me uplifted that I may have words of encouragement for others. I pray for those that are lost and can’t find their way. I pray for those that are misjudged and misunderstood. I pray for those who don’t know you intimately. I pray that others will find your strength, so that they can love and help one another. I pray for those who don’t believe, that they may find you.

And when this world closes in on me, let me remember the example of my Lord and Savior: to slip away and find a quiet place to pray. Remind me, nudge me, let me remember to find you when I’m feel like I'm pushed beyond my limits. In Christ's name, I come to you, Amen.

Forgiven

Father, in the name of Jesus, I am blessed. I am happy because You gave me a fresh start; my slate’s wiped clean. I count myself blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied)—You are holding nothing against me and You’re not holding anything back from me. When I confessed my sin, my guilt dissolved, my sin disappeared. In the Name of Jesus I thank You! (Receiving Forgiveness, Volume 3 of Prayers That Avail Much)

Psalm 32:1-6; Romans 4:7-8

To Spread the Gospel

Father God, through Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior you have found my heart worthy enough to save, and have entrusted me to spread the Gospel. You have handed to me the very keys to the kingdom of heaven. Let me not grow weary of His cause. And by His grace and mercies given to me, let me be proven worthy of my call. As your Son taught us, the harvest is plentiful, but the gatherers are few. Let me stand for my call in Jesus Christ and take my place among those who gather, not by argument and rancor, but by living as a shining light before the world, always ready to witness to your gifts, your Word, and your glory. Amen.

Let me not forget my prayers as I go out into the world. Holy Spirit, be with me, and let me praise you and remember you in my every action and thought, for the entire day long. In Christ's name I ask this, Amen.

Dear Lord, thank you for this day. Please help me today. Even the smallest of things get to me. Please grant me the serenity to get through today, the patience to work with others, and the wisdom to know that everything will be okay in the end.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:36 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 12

Prayer for the Morning

Oh Lord, most heavenly Father, Almighty and everlasting God, who has safely brought me to the beginning of this day; I give you thanks for my creation, preservation, and all the blessings of my life. Grant that this day I fall into no sin, neither run into any kind of danger; but that all my doings, being governed by your will, may be righteous in your sight. Through Christ our Lord, I pray. Amen.

For Those Who Suffer

God of time and of eternity, in your hands you hold the souls of the righteous, and in your heart there is room for all people; shine forth upon all who are tried in the furnace of suffering and illness, and especially on those for whom I pray today; in your grace and mercy may we know that you watch over us; bring us at the last to abide with you in love; I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Prayer to Use Our Gifts Wisely

Lord, give me each day the wisdom to see which things are important, and which things are not. Show me how best to use the time and talents you have given me. Help me to use all my opportunities wisely, that I may share, through service to others, the good gifts I have received from you. Amen.

Now to him who by his power within us is able to do far more than we ever dare to ask or imagine — to him be glory in the Church through Jesus Christ for ever and ever, Amen.

Your glory, God our Father, is seen in people who are fully alive. Inspire us to live fully and discover your kingdom within us. Amen.

Promises and Prayers of Hope
(That You Can Pray and Apply to Your Life)
By Pastor Kelly Sensenig

Psalm 42:11
“Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.”

Prayer:
“Dear God and Heavenly Father, I thank You that I can live in Your presence today and experience the daily hope or confident expectation that you will meet all of my needs through your presence and personal companionship. I find hope in your abiding presence knowing that you will assist me in my journey this day.

'When my soul is feeling cast down, burdened, and heavy, I will turn to Thee for the confident hope that I can, through Your help, live above my sorrows and depression.

'I will find all of my hope and confidence in You today. You have provided me with Your strength to overcome my downcast soul and saddened countenance. I turn to Thee for help and want to live by your assistance and power, so I can find hope for my journey throughout this entire day. Right now, I claim to live in light of your presence, power, and hope.

'I will claim the promise of hope that only You can supply me with on a daily basis. I will find hope in Your presence as You provide me with Your ever-present assistance and delivering power. Thank you for providing me with hope. I praise Your name today. In Jesus’ name, Amen.”

Psalm 31:24
“Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.”

Prayer:
“Dear Lord and Heavenly Father, I will be strong today and courageous because I know that You will give me the strength to go on in life. My hope is in Thee!

'You are my daily hope as I depend upon Your help and strength. Help me to “Be strong and of a good courage” (Josh. 1:6). As You strengthen me inwardly, through Your personal presence, I know that I will find the courage I need to face life’s demands.

'I also know that I will experience the inner hope, or the confident reassurance and encouragement that I need from Thee, so I do not become overcome by hopelessness and despair. Today, I claim Your courage and strength to face all of my trials and tribulations, knowing that You will give me the hope and reassurance I need, as You strengthen my heart. In Jesus’ name, Amen.”

Psalm 33:22
“Let thy mercy, O Lord, be upon us, according as we hope in thee.”

Prayer:
“O God, thank You for tender-loving mercies, Your pity and compassion that You shower upon my life every day. Help me to understand and have a greater appreciation for your mercies which are new every morning.

'As I experience your mercy, or loving compassion in my heart and life today, I place my hope in Thee, knowing that through Your tender care and compassion that You express to me, I will be able pass through my trials and difficulties.

'Oh Lord, help me to sense your loving care and provision over my life today, help me to experience Your tender mercy, or loving compassions, so that I can abound in hope, or the confident reassurance that You are with me, loving me, caring for me, and that You will meet all of my truest needs in life.

'Help me this day to “mount up with wings as eagles,” to “run, and not be weary,” and to “walk, and not faint” (Isaiah 40:31). In Jesus’ name, Amen.”

Psalm 71:14
“But I will hope continually, and will yet praise thee more and more.”

Prayer:
“Father, today I will hope continually in Thee. I know that I can only find hope by experiencing Your personal presence, companionship, and daily assistance in my life. As the Psalmist declared, “My hope is in thee” (Ps. 39:7).

'I thank You that You are with me today and for this reason I can experience the daily hope of confidence that You will meet all of my needs and provide me with the encouragement to go on in life.

‘I will love thee, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower’ (Psalm 18:1-2).

'I will look to Thee this day, with great expectation, that You will provide me with the hope that I need to face life’s difficulties. You are all I need, dear Lord. I find my hope in Thee. In Jesus’ name, Amen.”

Psalm 119:81
“My soul fainteth for thy salvation (deliverance): but I hope in thy word.”

Psalm 119:114
“Thou art my hiding place and my shield: I hope in thy word.”

Prayer:
“Precious Lord, today I find hope from Your Word. As I read it, meditate on it, and claim the promises that it gives to me, I can experience hope. I have hope or the confident assurance that I can make it through this day, since You have given men many precious and personal promises to claim, as my own.

'This day, as I ponder the truth of Your Word, I want You to speak to me, and fill me with hope, knowing that Your promises and commands will help me to maintain a spiritual edge in life and give me the daily hope and confidence I need to face life’s demands.

'I commit myself to Your truth. I place myself under Your authority and I claim Your promises and guidance that You give to me, through the Word, so I might experience the reassurance that I can go on in life and live victoriously above life’s trials.

'Oh Lord, give me strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow, as I read, obey, and claim the promises of Your Word. In Jesus’ name, Amen.”

Romans 15:13
"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost".

Prayer:
"I thank You Lord that you are the God of hope, my personal God who provides me with confidence to live victoriously and above all my difficulties and depressive thoughts that seek to invade my heart and life.

'I cast my thoughts of depression aside and place myself totally in Your hands, so I can experience Your hope today, which is the confident expectation that You will give me victory over doubt, depression, and fear, through your inner joy and peace.

'Dear Lord, You are my only hope for today. You are my tower of strength. I claim today that inner joy and peace that you want to give to me, so I can live with the hope and confidence, or the reassurance and expectation, that You will provide for my needs and get me though this day.

'Thank You God that I can come to you today and be filled with your unending joy and peace, knowing that through faith in Your constant provision, I can experience the daily hope I need to go on in life, since You have provided all of my inner needs.

'Today I commit myself to this hope and by faith claim your peace that passeth all understanding” (Phil. 4:7) and “the joy unspeakable and full of glory” (1 Pet. 1:8) that only You can give through the power of the Holy Spirit. I claim this promise today so I can “abound in hope” by experiencing Your daily inner peace and joy that You provide in my heart. Oh God of all hope, fill me with Your hope today. In Jesus’ name, Amen.”

http://www.bereaninternetministry.or...of%20Hope.html
Old 11-12-2013, 09:25 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 13

Cast All Your Care

Are you worried, anxious about anything? I encourage you to pray this prayer aloud.

In the name of Jesus, I cast the whole of my care [all my anxieties, all my worries, all my concerns for ________, my future, my family, once and for all] on You, for You care for me affectionately and care about me watchfully. Amen(Walking in Humility, Volume 3 of Prayers That Avail Much)

I Peter 5:5-7; Philippians 4:6

Lord God, I pray that I may be worthy of my friends. May I not fear to go where I am called, and may I go cheerfully, even though the way be dark and lonesome. Amen.

Father I believe, help my unbelief. As the busyness of life under the sun wears me down, and challenges and problems increase. Keep me focused with eyes of faith, filled with hope and perseverance. Renew a steadfast spirit within me, and create in me a pure heart likened to Jesus’. For my one walk in and with You. Strong in You and Your almighty power. Remembering that if I get nothing else done this day, let me spend it loving You and others first, as You love me. Praying through the Spirit on all occasions for me and mine in fulfillment of Your will. Staying alert to always pray for those You place in my path. Asking that whenever I speak, words may be given to me. In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, Amen.

I leave my own past to your mercy, Lord. I entrust the present to your love, and the future to your providence. Amen.

Spiritual Resources

Ephesians 6:17-18

Dear Father, my resource for everything,

Help me make full use of your spiritual resources given to me.

Help me destroy evil through the power of your word, the power of your Holy Spirit.

Help me be a prayer warrior, for it is through prayer that you empower your soldiers.

So help me to stand - by right belief, by right thinking, by right living, by right praying.

Help me to pray at all times in the Spirit.

In the name of Jesus and by the power of his Spirit I seek your face. Amen.

In the time of those kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed, nor will it be left to another people. It will crush all those kingdoms and bring them to an end, but it will itself endure forever. Daniel 2:44, NIV

Lord our God, we thank you that you work in us and in our lives and that you show us your compassion, no matter what cross we have to bear. We want to rejoice in you and wait patiently until your purpose is fulfilled and your kingdom arises on earth. Protect each one of us. May our hearts find strength and neverfailing joy in Jesus Christ the Savior, always hoping and believing, always looking to you. For you are the almighty God, who will come in Jesus Christ to establish his kingdom among the peoples and at last reveal his truth in its fullness. Then the knowledge of your will shall spread to all peoples, so that good and evil may come before you and be judged according to your mercy and faithful love. Amen.

Dear Father, thank you for this day. Please be with me as I face a mountain of work with so little time. Help me accomplish what must be done while giving patience to those who are looking for results.

Prayer for Sleep

O heavenly Father, you give your children sleep for the refreshing of soul and body: Grant me this gift, I pray; keep me in that perfect peace which you have promised to those whose minds are fixed on you; and give me such a sense of your presence, that in the hours of silence I may enjoy the blessed assurance of your love; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:49 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 14

A Prayer of Repentance

O Lord our God, good and merciful, I acknowledge all my sins which I have committed every day of my life, in thought, word and deed; in body and soul alike. I am heartily sorry that I have ever offended you, and I sincerely repent; with tears I humbly pray you, O Lord: of your mercy forgive me for all my past transgressions and absolve me from them. I firmly resolve, with the help of Your Grace, to amend my way of life and to sin no more; that I may walk in the way of the righteous and offer praise and glory to the Name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Amen.

Irish Blessing
Wisdom of years be yours
Joy of friendships be yours
Wealth of memories be yours
Fruit of endevor be yours
Hope of heaven be yours
Peace of God be yours.

Examine Yourself

Father, in the name of Jesus, I humble myself and submit to Your Word that speaks…exposes, sifts, analyzes, and judges the very thoughts and purposes of my heart. I test my own actions, so that I might have appropriate self-esteem, without comparing myself to anyone else. The security of Your guidance will allow me to carry my own load with energy and confidence. Amen.

(Walking in Humility, Volume 3 of Prayers That Avail Much)

Hebrews 4:12; Galatians 6:4-5

Dear Lord Jesus, remind me that bitterness and hopelessness are not just emotions, but rather choices that I make. Help me each day to count my blessings and to give You thanks, for I can always "choose" my attitude. Help me to choose to walk each day with You, so that I can find an inner joy and the "peace of God which surpasses all understanding."*

In Your Holy name I pray.

Amen.

* (Phil. 4:7)

"The days are coming," declares the Lord, "when I will fulfill the good promise I made to the people of Israel and Judah." Jeremiah 33:14, NIV

Lord our God, may your grace rule in our hearts and your love come to us in glorious fulfillment of your promise, so that in our time we may have community with one another to praise and worship you. Then we will be a people belonging to you and receiving help from you. Bless your Word within us, we pray. Teach us again and again how to keep your Word, how to be your children in deed and in truth. May we be given strength of heart whenever great sorrow comes to us. Let your will be revealed everywhere. Let all men know that you rule, that you help us and will remain with us into all eternity. For our names are recorded with you, and we want to stay with you, Father in heaven. We want nothing else but to be your children in this world, to be children in your care for all eternity. Amen.

Dear Father, thank you for this day. Please be with me as I face a mountain of work with so little time. Help me accomplish what must be done while giving patience to those who are looking for results.

Salutation to the Dawn
Attributed to Kalidasa
Look to this day!
For it is life, the very life of life.
In its brief course
Lie all the verities and realities of your existence:
The bliss of growth;
The glory of action;
The splendor of achievement;
For yesterday is but a dream,
And tomorrow is only a vision;
But today, well lived, makes every yesterday
a dream of happiness,
And every tomorrow a vision of hope.
Post New ThreadReply