Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2018, 08:54 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Sit Down

Sit Down

But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us set together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus. —Ephesians 2:4-6, NKJV

Today’s scripture says that we are seated in heavenly places with Christ Jesus. I read past that passage one day, and the Holy Spirit stopped me. I just felt that I had missed something so I went back and read it again: “God . . . seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus.” I still didn’t get it. So I went back and read it once more, and finally, I got it! We are seated. We are seated.

Then I started thinking of how Jesus is depicted in the Bible after His resurrection and ascension. As in this passage, He is often depicted as being seated at the right hand of the Father.

Do you know what people do when they sit? They rest. To be seated in heavenly places with Jesus is to enter an “inner rest.”

Sometimes when you start to get nervous and upset, anxious or worried, you just need to tell yourself, “Sit down.” That does not mean just your physical body; it also means your soul—your mind, will and emotions. It is important to let your entire being rest and just wait on God. Wait expectantly for God to do what you cannot do.

Don’t worry, get frustrated or fearful while you are waiting on God. Be at peace and rest! Sometimes allowing ourselves to rest is challenging because we seem to feel that we should always be ‘doing’ something. . So, if you are struggling, take a seat and rest. The promise of God’s peace is not made to those who work, struggle and strive in their own strength, but to those enter God’s rest.

Love Yourself Today: Lord, teach me how to enter your holy rest while I wait on you to work in my life.

From the book Love Out Loud by Joyce Meyer.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply