Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Lounge > General Forum

Share This Forum!  

General Forum A place to share about everything else.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-28-2019, 09:44 PM   #1
YanKeeGal

Icon27 Acceptance

I got thrown a real curve two days ago. I had to accept life on life's terms. I have cried for two whole days. My baby sister has moderate Alzheimers. I think oh no, not her! How i wish it were not so. Yet i have to accept that somehow this is all God's plan for a reason. I lost my dad and mom to this. Now my little sister. She is the one with a family, a husband and grand children. How i wish i could stop it for her but i cannot.
Sometimes the continual loss in life seems too much to bear. And the older you get the more you lose. Yet i have to accept this and make peace with it. I am grateful for now she can email me and chat a sentence or two. Somehow all the past sibling stuff is like water under the bridge. How i wish i could go back in time but i can't. So i am posting today how i feel. I lost a brother who was decapitated and now this. Us three youngest at home when the other 5 were gone, we were the ones to take care of mom and dad in old life. Then my brother died, then my little sister and me took care of them.
I am praising God for everything, even the things that hurt and i can't change. As i surrender this i know he will comfort me. The journey getting there is hard. I am grieving her now as i know she will diminish in increments. So thank you on line family for the support.
YanKeeGal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YanKeeGal For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply