Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Recovery Readings
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Recovery Readings Start your day here with Daily Recovery Readings. Feel Free To Share Your Experience, Strength & Hope.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-26-2016, 07:48 AM   #29
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 29

Wisdom for Today
It is important not to give a newcomer the brand of alcoholic or addict. We must let them draw their own conclusions. It does not matter what we think, what matters is the decision they make. What we can do is talk to them about the hopelessness of addiction. We can talk of our own experience and how we found strength through the grace of God and the program. We can share how we found hope. In sharing our experience, it is important to talk of how addiction to alcohol or drugs affected our lives and the consequences we have experienced. We talk of how drinking and drugging influenced our thinking and our behavior. We describe the sense of desperation we felt. We describe the insanity of trying over and over again to control our use, only to fail and jump right back into the same traps. We share our own denial and how it kept us trapped.
We share openly the spiritual aspects of recovery. We talk of the fellowship and the friends we have made, and the support we have gained. Tell the newcomer that he or she does not need to accept our ideas exactly as we present them, but describe the reality of success that thousands and thousands of us have found in working the steps and in finding answers that none of us found previously on our own. Use language that the newcomer will understand and make sense to him or her. The important thing is that we let them decide if they want what we have. We share that they too can learn to live without alcohol and drugs, if they are simply willing to live by these spiritual principles found in the steps. Am I willing to share openly the spiritual principles that helped me find recovery?
Meditations for the Heart
God is a constant in our life. He is unchanging and He never leaves our side. He is untiring and He is love. This is the very love that we turn our will and our life over to. His constancy is what we rely on. No matter how big or how small our need is, He is there for us. He knows the proper path for us to follow, and He will always lead us. All we need do is ask and obey, and we will be given the keys to a new and wonderful life. However, this simple concept is not always easy to do. In each of us there is a rebel that still wants to run the show our way. God will not stand in the way of our arrogance, pride, or foolishness. He grants us the freedom to make such a choice. What this means is that I must make a choice each and every day. A choice to do it my way or a choice to do it His way. Yes, we are often tempted to get back in charge, but this never proves to be a wise choice. What choice will I make for myself today?
Petitions to my Higher Power
God,
In your loving kindness, You have reached out to me and offered to show me the way to freedom. You know every step I take even before I do. Grant me willingness to follow and obey You this day. Let me follow You in all that I do this day. Remove from me any arrogance, pride or foolishness that may tempt me and lead me astray. Give me courage to share the spiritual message of recovery through the steps.
Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply