Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > Newcomers Recovery Help and Support

Share This Forum!  

Newcomers Recovery Help and Support Stop in here if you are new to recovery and share with us. Feel free to ask questions and for support here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-24-2013, 06:21 PM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

This is one of the reasons, I was in denial about being an alcoholic. I did like being the center of attention, but denied it, and didn't contribute it to alcoholism. I had a motto, do it with style and grace. I was terrified of acting and being like my dad or my husband of the time. If I thought I was going to lose it, I would go to the bathroom, put my finger down my throat, if necessary, upchuck, so I good drink more. The insanity of this disease, that kept me in denial.

I didn't like most drink, especially hated beer, so I can't be an alcoholic. And yet when I thought of it, I remembered saying to my husband, "You are just going to leave that?" I figured it was bought and paid for, so I drank the two inches left in the bottle. It was the principle of the thing.

I didn't have black outs although I later realized I did have them when abusing my prescription drugs. They were dried up alcohol for me. The same insanity happened when I realized that I had an eating disorder. It ALL leads to the same soul sickness.

When I had my first 8 social drinks, it just brought me up to a level where I was happy, joyous and free. People told me that 8 wasn't social drinking. I never had the concept of one or two. If you are going to have a drink, So Shall I! As my disease progressed, I needed more to bring me up to where I wanted to be. My drug of choice became more, because it took over my life, especially my thoughts, and I lived to have that more.

When I stole the 1-2" of wine in a communion goblet at the age of 10, I remembered that feeling, and search for it all of my life. It got so, that if I found it, I couldn't stop there, I had to have that more.

Thanks for letting me share.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Last edited by MajestyJo; 01-19-2016 at 04:13 PM.
MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply