Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11-30-2013, 09:03 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon19 Daily Prayers - December

December 1

Confession

Have mercy on me, Oh Lord, for I am a humble and miserable sinner. [At this point, pause to remember specific sins you have committed during the week and speak or think them.] I renounce all of these sins, heavenly Father, and repent of them, and I promise to make every effort not to repeat them.

Have mercy on me, pardon me for these offences and any I might have omitted from forgetfulness or ignorance; in the name of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior, I pray for forgiveness. And I pray that your Holy Spirit may dwell with me today and throughout the coming week, to comfort me, to give me strength against temptation, and to guide me into the path of righteousness. Amen.

For My Enemies

O God, the Father of all, whose Son commanded us to love our enemies: Lead me from anger, prejudice, and selfish pride to acceptance, love, truth, and sympathy for all people, and especially those who would be my enemies in this life; and if it is your will, enlighten those who hate me, and bring them into your holy truth, that they may find you. Deliver all of us from hatred, cruelty and revenge; and in your good time enable us all to stand reconciled before you; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Finally, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, let me think about these things. What I have learned and received, let me do; and the God of peace be with us all. Amen.

Meditation

Father, as we enter this season of preparing for festivities and family get-togethers, we pause and meditate on the real reason we celebrate Christmas – his Name is Jesus. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. In Jesus was Life, and the Life was Light to live by. This Life-Light continues to blaze out of the darkness, and the darkness cannot put it out. Thank You, Father, for giving us real (eternal) life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

John 1:1-9; Romans 6:23

Lord Jesus, you treasure and hold a special place for each and every person, as though only that one individual exists, and you accept us as we are, in the reality of our lives this day. May I grow in the faith that you look steadily at me and love me. Amen.

Dear Lord, thank you for this day. Thank you for helping me in this journey. Without you I would be lost.

Father, we begin this new day and new month finding ourselves in need of conversation with You. We too need to find a place of solace to spend time alone with You in prayer. If our Lord Jesus found it necessary to rise early before dawn to pray while others were sleeping, how much more is it necessary for us to be alone with You? When we take time to listen to You, we will find that what You have to say to us is more important than any other conversation we will hear all day. May we not be so preoccupied with self that don’t take time today to listen to You in prayer. Amen.

Make Me an Instrument of Your Peace
St. Francis of Assisi
Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love,
Where there is injury, pardon
Where there is doubt, faith,
Where there is despair, hope,
Where there is darkness, light,
Where there is sadness, joy.
O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much
seek to be consoled as to console,
not so much to be understood as to understand,
not so much to be loved, as to love;
for it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
it is in dying that we awake to eternal life.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2013, 11:21 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 2

For the Work of This Day and Week

O God, who orders all things in heaven and earth: Help me to go about the tasks and duties of this day and the week to come with the remembrance that I am your servant therein. Make me honest, painstaking, and cheerful, and grant that all I do and say may bring good to others and glory to your Holy Name; through Jesus Christ, our Lord, Amen.

Dear Lord, thank you for this day. Thank you for helping me in this journey. Without you I would be lost.

I pray that today I may be of use to someone in need. That I may be water to those who thirst and food to those who hunger. May I be the answer to peoples question. Bless me Lord!
~ Jean Wall

Oh Lord, this morning I pray that you keep my family safe from all distress and pain. Protect us from falling into sin or wrong. Bless us so that we may glorify you all day and tell others about how great you are. ~ Jeremy Hal

Dear Father in heaven,

As we begin another week of hurrying and scurrying about our busy lives, we pause for just a moment to express our sincere praise of your majesty. We are amazed that the Creator of the Cosmos is mindful of each one of us and thankful that you are attentive to our needs.

We confess to you that we are intensely aware of our frailties and failings as humans. We also acknowledge that we are utterly dependent upon you for all that we have and all that we are able to do in this day....in every day. Help us deny ourselves, take up our crosses and simply follow Jesus so that we might live in such a way as to bring you honor and glory.

We humbly ask you to guide our steps throughout this week. We ask you to help us search for and find ways to serve as instruments of your peace in this tumultuous world. Help us to be a blessing to others. Please help our actions to be just and merciful. Fill us with your Holy Spirit that we might be empowered to walk humbly with you each step of the way.

Please bless those whose names flow from our hearts to your throne. Provide for each of these according to their needs.

Accept our thanksgiving for your sustaining grace in our lives. Thank you for being the Giver of every good and perfect gift we have received. Help us to bring you pleasure by enjoying these gifts. Help us, also, to honor you by being good stewards of all you have placed in our care. Above all, thank you for the indescribable gift of your Son to be our Lord and Savior. Please give us the faith, courage, grace and wisdom we need to follow in Him each and every day.

In the precious and powerful name of Jesus we pray.

Amen
Old 12-02-2013, 11:30 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 3

Now, oh Lord, I pray that you may lift up the light of your countenance upon me, and give me peace; in my going out and in my coming in; in my sitting down and my rising up; in my work and in my play; in my joy and in my sorrow, in my laughter and in my tears; until that day comes which is without dawn and without dark. Amen.

Lord God, wilt thou reveal to me my weakness if I may be insincere; and give me the strength that I lack to keep me true. May I not take advantage of the ignorant, or thoughtlessly lead the innocent into temptation. Grant that I may be a trustful and kind friend. Amen.

And you, my child, will be called a prophet of the Most High; for you will go on before the Lord to prepare the way for him, to give his people the knowledge of salvation through the forgiveness of their sins, because of the tender mercy of our God, by which the rising sun will come to us from heaven to shine on those living in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the path of peace. Luke 1:76–79, NIV

Lord our God, we thank you that you let light shine out every day and every year. Thank you that we may always look to you, whose right hand will bring order into everything and set all things right, even in difficult times. May our hearts receive strength to persevere and go on praising you, for you remain, no matter what happens on earth. You are our God, you have sent us the Savior, and we can draw close to you. You have made us the firm promise that your day is coming when truth and justice will arise on earth to the glory of your name. May the hearts of many people turn to you so that they worship you and call to you for help, to the glory of our Savior Jesus Christ. Amen.

“A Prayer For Spiritual Transformation”

Father, the question in the old hymn asks, “What can wash away my sins?” The correct reply is “Nothing but the blood of Jesus.” Only You can take a heart that is bent toward sin and completely turn it toward godliness. Thank You for Your redemptive love, seen in the death and resurrection of Your Son, that forgives my heart of sin. You take away the sinful way of thinking that leads to sinful living and replace it with a spiritual way of thinking that leads to life through Your Spirit. Master, the touch of Your hand empowers me to be transformed into newness of life, for which I will be eternally grateful. Amen.

Dear Lord, please help me remember that where there is love there is life.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:00 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 4

Prayer for Personal Conduct (from 1 Timothy)

Lord God, I pray that this day my conduct will be like that you have set for your clergy: Above reproach. May I be this day temperate, sensible, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, not given to drunkenness, and not violent, but gentle. May I never be quarrelsome, always seeking peace even in disagreement, and may my love be for you and my fellow man, not for money. I pray that I manage my own household well. If I have any children in my charge, I pray to that I may take the time to see that they are in control and behaving with proper respect. Grant me a good reputation with outsiders, so that I will not fall into disgrace and the snare of the devil. This I pray through my Lord Christ, whose love and attention ever gave us an example of conduct, Amen.

Blessing of Mark

O Sovereign and almighty Lord, bless all your people, and all your flock. Give your peace, your help, and your love unto us your servants, the sheep of your fold, that we may be united in the bond of peace and love, one body and one spirit, in one hope of our calling, in your divine and boundless love. Amen.

From the Liturgy of Mark, 2d Century A.D.

We pray today, Father, for the injured and sick who are still suffering from the after-effects of man-made or natural disasters. We pray that those who have responsibilities may have a “feeling” for others and so grow in care and respect for those whose lives they may influence. For ourselves and those that we care for, lead us to make our choices wisely, and accept responsibility for our own lives and for our choices and actions and their consequences. Amen.

Content in All Circumstances

Philippians 4:11-13

Sovereign Lord of all things, Abba, dear Father,

I will not complain of want, for I have learned in whatever condition I am to be content. I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound.

In any and all circumstances I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and want.

I can do all things through you, the God who strengthens me!

Holy God, Abba, Father, you are my all-sufficient strength, and throughout eternity you will be everything I need or want!

In the name of Jesus, for whom you were everything, and who taught me also to let you be my everything! Amen.

“A Prayer Of Thanks To The Rock Of Ages”

Father, when water surges around me or the sand sinks under me Jesus is the immovable and impenetrable eternal Rock on which I can stand. In the midst of trouble He keeps me safe in the cleft of the rock. There no enemy can devour me while I am sheltered, protected and resting in Him. It is in this special place that I find refuge, comfort, protection and rest. Thank You for this precious provision of security and assurance. Amen.

Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth. I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown. Revelation 3:10–11, NIV

Lord our God, strengthen our hearts today through your Word. You are our Father and we are your children, and we want to trust you in every aspect of our lives. Protect us on all our ways, and grant that we may always watch and wait for the coming of your kingdom, for the future of our Lord Jesus Christ. Keep us from becoming confused by presentday events. Help us to remain free, that we may serve you and not be led astray, no matter what happens in the world. Grant us your Holy Spirit in everything, for without your Spirit we can do nothing. Help us, and accept our praise for the many ways you have given us help. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you so much for instructing us in our business relationships. Lord, may we serve one another in love, regardless of our position. If we are working, serving our employer, may we be the best employee we can be, by realizing that our service to them is also our service to You. If we serve in the capacity of a boss, then may we be one who is just, fair and honest in all of our ways, treating our employees with kindness and respect. Lord, we invite You into our workplaces and businesses. May our work be holy work because You are there. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Thank you, Heavenly Father, that in the middle of the sadness, the anger, the uncertainty, the pain, I can talk to you. Hear me as I cry out in confusion, help me to think clearly, and calm my soul. As life carries on, may I know your presence with me each and every day. And as I look to the future, help me to look for fresh opportunities, for new directions. Guide me by your Spirit, and show me your path, through Jesus, the way, the truth and the life. Amen.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:08 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 5

Prayer To Do God's Will Today

Thy will be done. Dear God, I am full of the sound of my own voice, that lump of pride deep within me that will not go away, no matter how I try. Give me the strength through the power of your Holy Spirit to hear your voice and follow it, fighting the temptation to sin that bubbles up inside me whenever my mind strays from you.

Thy will be done. Thy will be done. Thy will be done.

You have commanded us to love one another, this I know without doubt. And yet all day I am filled with judgments, with resentments, with anger that sneaks in and grabs me when I am not paying attention to you. I pray dear God, that you will soften my heart to my fellow humans, no matter how sinfully they may act, and leave the judging to you, as you have commanded. Fill me with acceptance in place of judgment, sympathy in place of anger, faith in place of resentment. For my judgments and anger are the creatures of pride.

May I do thy will this day, in the name of Christ I pray. Amen.

Prayer in Times of Low Spirits (from Psalm 42)

Like a deer thirsts for the water of a clear cool stream, my soul thirsts for you, my God. I await with longing the day when I may finally appear before you. I sometimes become unhappy; my spirit becomes downcast, as my enemies deny you and mock me; and yet, always, I discover the joy of your Spirit and turn my face to you, and you heal me. By day you command my steadfast love, and by night your song comes to me. The wickedness of the world taunts me and evil people put a bullet in my back, saying “Where is your God”? But why are you in turmoil, oh my soul? My hope is in God. I will turn again to you, my Lord, and praise you, my salvation and my God. Amen.

(from the Epistle of Jude)

Now all glory to you, great God, who is able to keep us from falling away and will bring us with great joy into your glorious presence without a single fault. All glory to you who alone are God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord. All glory, majesty, power, and authority are yours before all time, and in the present, and beyond all time! Amen.

Families

Father, I thank You for blessing us with good tidings. I lift my voice with strength and stand unafraid as I behold You for You are my God. I thank You for our rewards in Christ Jesus. Father, You feed us like a good shepherd. Thank You for keeping my family safe, for gathering us in your arms and carrying us in Your bosom. We submit to Your gentle leading, in the name of Jesus. Amen. (Prayers That Avail Much First Blessings for Your Child)

Isaiah 40:9-10

Dear Lord, help me to weed out the errors in my life, the petty hurts, the small jealousies, and the deep-seated resentments that block the flow of Your Spirit. ... Help me to forgive and to forget. For You have said that You can not forgive me until I first forgive others. It's my move, Lord, isn't it? Help me to be a truly forgiving person.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

My Father, I thank thee for life. Make me sensitive to the unseen influences that bring thy messages. May I be led where great riches may be found through small kindnesses, and where I may learn from the meek the beauty of earth. Amen.

Loving Father, we ask you to show us how to level any ‘mountains’ we might have of feeling ‘superior’ or ‘better’ than others, or of making judgements about people. Raise us from any ‘valleys’ of despair or a poor self-image or a sense of worthlessness. Lift us up from whatever kind of poverty may affect our lives. Lift us up, we pray, from anything that makes us less than fully human. Raise us from sinfulness, and lead us to prepare a straight path for the coming anew into our lives of Jesus, your Son. Amen.

Sowing Faith, Hope, Love

Colossians 1:3-5

Dear Father, God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,

We thank you for every brother and sister, young and old, who has faith in our Lord Jesus Christ and who is learning to love all your saints because of the hope that is laid up for us in heaven.

Thank you for letting us hear about this abiding faith, hope, and love in your word.

Thank you that your Word was proclaimed to us.

In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

A Prayer Of Thanks For Christ’s All Sufficient Merit”

Gracious Father, through no merits of our own, but on account of Your great compassion, we are redeemed and receive full benefits as Your children. For while we were still helpless and living in sin, Jesus demonstrated His love for us when He died for our sins. No treasure or gift can compare with the gift of salvation freely given to all who will receive Your Son who did not come to condemn the world but came that the world through Him might be saved. Thank You for accepting the all-sufficient merit of Jesus who gave His all-sufficient mercy that we might be completely forgiven and receive eternal life. Amen.

Then the sovereignty, power and greatness of all the kingdoms under heaven will be handed over to the holy people of the Most High. His kingdom will be an everlasting kingdom, and all rulers will worship and obey him. Daniel 7:27, NIV

Lord our God, dear Father, you have made yourself known on earth so that we may love you and be loved by you. Give us your Spirit, we pray. Give us your Spirit to strengthen us in the life and work you offer us. Watch over us on all our ways. Wherever your children are sighing and calling for you, protect and guide them with your mighty hand. Let your kingdom spread over the whole world, over all men, over all races and nations, that we may become united as servants of Jesus Christ to your honor. Amen.

Dear Father, grant me the wisdom to understand that it is never too late to be what I dreamt I would be.

Dear heavenly Father, I come to You, asking that You deliver me from all pride and anger. I truly want to be like Jesus, who was meek and lowly. Father, help me to remain humble and always be willing to assume the place of a servant. May I always be sensitive to the needs of others and look for ways to help them. I am reminded in Your Word that we are told, by love, we are to serve one another. Fill me with Your love, so that I might love those around me and serve them as You would. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:09 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 6

Thanks for the Word of God

I thank you, loving God, that we have the Scriptures to search and may find in them eternal life; that they are given by your inspiration in total truth, and the profit of salvation we may gain from them. I give thanks for all those who toiled to preserve your Word for our learning, that through patience and comfort of the Bible we may have hope and a light of prophecy and truth, as sure as a bright light shining in the darkness; and that on the most ordinary day, both I and any other person who seeks you may hear in my own tongue the mighty works you have done. Amen.

If you are with me, O God, who can be against me? For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate me from the love of God in Christ Jesus my Lord. Amen.

Praise

Father, You are worthy of all praise. We praise You for Your mighty acts, according to Your excellent greatness. We will praise You in the sanctuary with instruments and with the dance; with stringed instruments and organs; with cymbals and high-sounding cymbals. As long as we have breath, we will praise You, Father God, in the Holy Name of Jesus. You are a mighty God! Hallelujah!

Psalm 150:1-6

Dear Heavenly Father, remind me that Your Word says that I must come as a little child, asking trustingly for Your help, not just in crises but in the "everydayness" of finding lost articles, or a parking space. ... If I think that You would not be interested in such mundane things, am I not making You conform to my own design? If I think that I shouldn't bother You, have I ever really understood Your love, or known You as a real Father? Forgive me, Lord, for not realizing that "living in Your presence" means in all things and at all times.

In Jesus' holy name I pray.

Amen.

Harvesting Faith, Hope, Love

Colossians 1:5-8

Dear Father, God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,

Thank you for the fruit your Word is bearing throughout the whole world.

Thank you that this gospel, the word of truth, has power to touch human hearts today even as at the beginning. Let its fruit grow among us.

Let all your faithful ministers stir us up to more fruit-bearing. Let us grow in the Holy Spirit.

Give us a deep passion, Lord, to fill our lives with faith, hope, and love.

Give a holy longing for the Holy Spirit to guide everything we do.

In the name of Jesus I ask. Amen.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:10 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 7

Concerning Forgiveness

Father, I ask you to help me to be generous when I think of the attitude and actions of others. Forgiving someone isn't an easy option, and I know that forgiveness isn't somehow pretending that something wrong hasn't happened. For what I have done wrong, forgive me Father, to the extent that I am generous in forgiving - or hoping to forgive - those who have done wrong to me. Amen.

I pray that I may be blessed every step of my path this day by the great God of light. May your sun shine upon me; as the moon moves the tide, may your Spirit move my emotions with every grace and magic; may my heart sing with the voice of your angels and my hearth be warm; and may this and every blessed day You have given me be filled with joy. Amen.

Dear Lord, it is my call, isn't it? When I feel buffeted about by the problems and the stress of life, my self-esteem often starts to slip away. At such times, help me to stop and remember that how I react to my problems or hurts from others is really my choice, isn't it? I can choose to have a prolonged "pity-party," or I can remember that when I accepted You as my Lord and Savior, You initiated Your unique plan for my life! Have I forgotten that You said that If I walk closely with You, seeking Your will, that Your Holy Spirit will give me the strength and wisdom needed to deal with my problems? ... You really want me to "count it all joy"* and to learn from my experiences. ... I can find inner peace, and I can be happy - it is my call! Help me Lord, for I am often weak.

In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

* (See James 1:2-7)

© 2005 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

God our Father, we thank you that in the vastness of your creation there is something special about the beauty of this earth. Into our world which you love so much Jn 3 16 you sent Jesus, your Son - your Word who became a human being Jn 1 14 and made his home among us. Breathe your Holy Spirit into us once again that we may grow in a sense of wonder and proclaim to be good all that you have made. Gen 1 31 May we live more fully as brothers and sisters of one another and of Jesus, your Son. Amen.

Filled with Knowledge

Colossians 1:9-10

Dear Father,

Help me and all of your people everywhere to be filled with complete knowledge of what you want, in all wisdom and spiritual understanding.

Keep stirring up my spirit to make me want to lead a life worthy of the Lord Jesus Christ, a full life because it is fully pleasing to him.

May I bear fruit in every good work. May I daily increase in my knowledge of you.

In the name of Jesus, our awesome Lord. Amen.

“A Prayer For Keeping Grace”

Father, I am very grateful for Your continual guidance in my life and for Your steadying hand when the foundations are shaken. Lead me to the towering rock of safety, for You are my safe refuge. In Your presence I find renewed hope, resurging strength and safety beneath the shelter of Your wings! Your unfailing love will uphold me and Your sovereign presence will never leave me nor forsake me. What joyous blessings these promises unfold in my life day by day as You will never lead me where Your grace cannot keep me. Thank You for Jesus in whose name we pray! Amen.

Dear Father, grant me the wisdom to understand that it is not material things but love that truly matters.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:25 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 8

Prayer for Sunday Worship

O God, who makes us glad with the weekly remembrance of the glorious resurrection of your Son our Lord Jesus Christ; Give me this day such blessings through my worship of you, that the days to come may be spent in your service; through the same Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Prayer of Penitence

My God, I am sorry for my sins with all my heart. In choosing to do wrong and failing to do good, I have sinned against You whom I should love above all things. I firmly intend, with Your help, to do penance, to sin no more, and to avoid whatever leads me to sin. Our Savior Jesus Christ suffered and died for us. In His name, my God, have mercy. Amen.

Now to him who is able to keep us from stumbling and to present ourselves blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy, to the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen.

Rejoice

Father, we rejoice because we have been justified by faith, and have peace with You through our Lord Jesus Christ. By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. We shout glory to God in the heavenly heights, peace to all men and women on earth who please You. This is the day that You have made and we rejoice in You, God our Savior in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Romans 5:1-2; Luke 2:14

Dear Lord Jesus, calmness can be mine in the "busy-ness" of this Christmas season if I set aside time to be with You. Peace can be mine in my heart when I truly trust You, and joy can be mine when I share Your love with others. ... Even though darkness surrounds me, let me remember to walk in Your Light, secure in Your faithfulness. Help me to truly sense this in my spirit.

In Your holy name I pray.

Amen.

Lord God, help me to take in the glory of life, that my spirit may never be lonely, even though I may have to be much alone. I pray that thou wilt spare me the loneliness and the solitude that may be brought on by selfishness. Make me considerate of others. May I soar above the disappointments and losses that may come to me, and stay where I may have thy companionship. Amen.

Strengthened with Power

Colossians 1:11-14

Dear Father, in whom there is no darkness at all,

Strengthen me with all power, according to your great might, so that I can both endure and be patient, even having great joy while enduring, always giving thanks to you, my heavenly Father.

Please qualify me to share in the inheritance in the light of your dedicated and holy people.

Thank you for rescuing me from the realm of darkness and putting me safely into the kingdom of Jesus, the dear Son whom you love, and whom I love, through whom I have my redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

In the name of Jesus, our awesome Lord. Amen.

Dear Father, grant me the wisdom to understand that it is not what in front of me that matters, but the actions I take.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for giving us the Holy Bible. Give me a desire to study Your Word. Cleanse me from all error and renew my mind. Lord, I desire to know the truth, even if it means correction and admitting that I have been wrong. Change my thoughts and heart to be like Your thoughts and heart. Father, give me a teachable spirit. Take my desires, dreams and visions and give me Yours. Cleanse me from all that offends you. Create within me a clean heart, O Lord. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Old 12-08-2013, 10:25 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 9

Prayer for the Morning

Heavenly Lord, you have brought me to the beginning of a new day. As the world is renewed fresh and clean, so I ask you to renew my heart with your strength and purpose. Forgive me the errors of yesterday and bless me to walk closer in your way today. This is the day I begin my life anew; shine through me so that every person I meet may feel your presence in my soul. Take my hand, precious Lord, for I cannot make it by myself. Through Christ I pray and live, Amen.

Oh God Almighty, send me Your light and truth, to keep this day and all the days of my life. And may Your mighty hand protect me, and all my brothers and sisters who have joined me in prayer this day, blessing our homes and our lives. Amen.

Rejoice

Father, we rejoice because we have been justified by faith, and have peace with You through our Lord Jesus Christ. By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. We shout glory to God in the heavenly heights, peace to all men and women on earth who please You. This is the day that You have made and we rejoice in You, God our Savior in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Romans 5:1-2; Luke 2:14

Dear Lord Jesus, as Christians everywhere look forward to celebrating Your birthday, remind me to take time in the midst of all the hurried preparations to see Your Presence in a hundred different ways - the song of a bird; the brilliant hues of a sunrise or sunset; the encouragement of a friend; the hug of a mate, a parent or a child; the finding of something misplaced; an answer to prayer or a miracle healing. Oh Lord, Your Presence is everywhere - open my eyes that I may see, and give You thanks! ... You want my life to be an adventure in faith; and Your faithfulness and love give me courage and purpose. Let me not miss all that You have for me.

In Your holy name I pray. Amen.

Gracious Father, help me to understand that my life grows out of what I put into my days. Forgive me for the unspoken words and the kind deeds which I kept for rare days, and had so few occasions to use. May I be as useful in kindness as I am in work, remembering that to thee every day is a golden day. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for Your promise of provision for our needs. Lord, deliver me from any concern or worry about what I shall eat or wear, for I know You will take care of me. Lord, give me the grace and faith I need to trust You to meet all of my needs. Forgive me when I have been wasteful or careless and help me to be a good steward over all that You have entrusted to me. Lord, may I be as the Apostle Paul -- content with a little or a lot. I lean on Your strength to overcome all situations I face, and I am confident that I shall have the victory in Christ's name. Amen.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:56 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 10

Prayer for the Morning

You are ushering in another day, untouched and freshly new, So here I come to ask You God if You'll renew me too?

Forgive the many errors, that I made yesterday, And let me try again dear God, to walk closer in Thy way.

But Father, I am well aware, I can't make it on my own. So take my hand and hold it tight, for I can't walk alone. Amen.

Finally, may I go forth filled with the joy and confidence of your Spirit; and may everything I do this day, in word or deed, be done in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father. Amen.

Dear Lord, the Psalmist has said: "Because you have made the Lord your refuge, the Most High your habitation, no evil shall befall you, no scourge shall come near your tent."* ... Help me not to be so busy emphasizing "no evil shall befall you" that I fail to note that it is "because you have made the Lord your refuge." ... Only if I truly make You my refuge, the center of my life, only then can You guide me and keep me in Your care.

In the name of Jesus I pray.

Amen.

* (Psalm 91:9-10)

Lord, you have enriched our lives in many ways, and we are grateful for all who have influenced our lives for the better. Show us how best to use the time and talents you have given each one of us, and inspire us to live fully and bring benefit to our own part of the world. Amen.

But for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its rays. And you will go out and frolic like well-fed calves. Malachi 4:2, NIV

Lord our God, we think of all the people who have trusted in you. We remember all the signs and wonders you have shown to establish your name among men on earth. We belong to those who hold to you today; may our hearts be kept faithful through your Spirit. Even if there are great hardships in our times and everything seems on the verge of collapse, even if the world perishes, you, O God, are our stronghold. This truth remains forever. In you we want to hold true until your great day comes, until the power of the Savior is revealed in many people so that in their misery they can believe and find help and comfort. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, I praise You for all the things You have done for me, but I honor You, for Who You are, my Lord and King. May I always show respect for the whole family of God, as I know that is one way I can honor You. Help me to be sensitive and respectful to all people, no matter what position they hold. Lord, deliver Your people from all prejudice and disrespect for one another. May we obey Your Word that tells us to prefer and honor one another, as brothers and sisters in the Lord. May we also be especially kind toward those who are in occupations in the service sector and may we all serve one another. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

“A Prayer To A Phenomenal God”

Father, we are among those who once walked in darkness, but You rescued us from the dominion of darkness and transferred us into the kingdom of Your beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. There is nothing we could seek in this life that could bring greater freedom and joy here and now, and treasures forevermore as we abide with You through all eternity. Help us never to lose sight of the great contrast You bring into our lives as we walk out of darkness and dwell in Your radiant light. You are phenomenal God whom we love with all our hearts. Amen.

In Gratitude for Friends and Family
Blessed are You, loving Father,
For all your gifts to us.
Blessed are You for giving us family and friends
To be with us in times of joy and sorrow,
To help us in days of need,
And to rejoice with us in moments of celebration..

Father,
We praise You for Your Son Jesus,
Who knew the happiness of family and friends,
And in the love of Your Holy Spirit.
Blessed are you for ever and ever.

Amen.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:25 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 11

Prayer to Resist Temptation

Holy God, You know the temptations that I am facing today. But your Word promises that I will not be tempted beyond what I can bear.

Help me, heavenly Father, to stand up against sin, to resist whatever temptation I may encounter this day, in whatever form it may come. Your Word promises that you will provide a way out of any temptation, and I pray to be able to find it and to have the wisdom to use it, and to walk away when temptation arises. All thanks be to you, O Lord, for you are a faithful deliverer; and I can count on your help in my time of need. Amen.

Oh Lord Jesus Christ, who said to your apostles, “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you”; I pray that I and your whole church, the body of all faithful people, will know your peace, and live in harmony and unity, one with another, in accordance with your wishes. This I pray to you, who lives and reigns forever. Amen.

Rest

Father, I come to you in the name of Jesus, and find rest for my weary soul. Thank you for easing, relieving and refreshing me. Your yoke is wholesome—not harsh, hard, sharp or pressing, but comfortable, gracious and pleasant; your burden is light and easy to be borne. I cast my burden on you [releasing the weight of it] and you sustain me. You will never allow me to be moved—made to slip or fail, in the name of Jesus. Amen. (Strength to Overcome Cares and Burdens, Daily Prayers That Avail Much Commemorative Edition)

Matthew 11:28-30; Psalm 55:22; I Peter 5:9

Dear Lord, "as a man thinks in his heart, so he is;"* so then let me always think of You. Let me realize that it is not so much asking You to make me over, as it is living with You, letting You abide in me, talking with You, and letting Your presence permeate my whole being, that will transform my life. ... Oh Lord, strengthen my desire to make You the center of my life.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

* (See Prov. 23:7)

My Father, may I never be content to pass by thy beautiful offerings and keep on in wretched despair. Save me if I may 'be inclining toward misery. Give me the spirit of repose, and help me to confide in thee as I daily seek the strength of thy love. Amen.

“A Prayer Of Thanks For God’s Sustaining Power”

Loving Father, I am full of gratitude today as I consider Your abiding presence in my life, day in and day out. When events in my life shake the very foundations of who I am or the path before me is unclear I gain courage and direction when I remember the inspirational words of Moses, *“The Lord is the One who will go before you. He will be with you; He will not leave you or forsake you. Do not be afraid or discouraged.” You sustain me in my wilderness journeyings and even if others forsake me, You remain faithful. Remarkable as it seems, even if I am faithless, You will remain faithful, for You cannot deny Yourself. Thank You for being my Supreme Savior and the Sustainer of my soul, my hope and my joy. In the name of Jesus I pray Amen.”

See Deuteronomy 31:8

Keep me safe, my God, for in you I take refuge. I say to the Lord, "You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing. Psalm 16:1–2, NIV

Dear Father in heaven, look on us as your children, and grant that we may feel in you the highest good for time and eternity. Even if we have to deny ourselves and make great sacrifices, you remain our treasure, our riches, our love, and our joy. Give us strength as a gathered people ready to serve you. Grant us your Spirit whenever we do not understand what we should do. Shelter us always in your hands, and allow us to see your miracles in souls and in bodies. For you are our God, the Almighty, and you find the way to help in everything. Amen.

Dear Father, help me remember that love begins with me. Give me the wisdom to understand that it is not what I do, but the love that I put into what I do that matters.

The Lord's Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy Name,
thy kingdom come,
thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those
who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

For thine is the kingdom,
and the power, and the glory,
for ever and ever. Amen.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:00 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 12

For Perseverance Today

If things get tough today, Lord — and in all hard time — let me stay motivated and calm. Let me look at how far I have come rather than how far I still have to go. Let me continue counting my blessings, not what I've been missing. May every day bring new chances to grow, new beautiful things to see, new plans to do, and new goals to pursue, as every new day is God's miracle day. Amen.

And finally, grant me O Lord, I pray, the lamp of charity which never fails, that it may burn in me and shed its light on those around me, and that by its brightness I may share a vision of that holy City, where dwells the true and never-failing Light, Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Casting Down Wrong Thinking

Father, I repent and renounce the sin of criticizing and judging others. In the name of Jesus I cast down critical, judgmental, condemning thoughts toward others. I will not judge, criticize or condemn them. In the name of Jesus, help me get the beam of timber out of my own eye, and then I will see clearly how to take the tiny particle out of my brother’s eye. I bind love, mercy, compassion and God’s grace to my mind, in the name of Jesus – the name that is above all names. Amen.

Matthew 7:1-5

Dear Lord, You were here when I needed You. Your love engulfed me, Your Holy Spirit empowered me, and Your strength sustained me. ... Oh Lord, let me be there when You need me - to share Your love with another, to be a tower of strength in someone's weakness, to reflect You in all that I do; for how else can I praise You? How else can I show my heart's thanksgiving? How else can You know that I love You? It is not enough to praise You and say "I love You" on Sunday; it's how I live on Monday and throughout the week, isn't it? Does my life really reflect my love for You in the way I live each day?

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

God our Father, as you welcome me and accept me fully and love me as the person I am, so inspire me to be generous to others in the welcome and acceptance, and the love and the care that I offer. Amen.

You Made Endurance Possible!

Colossians 1:23

Dear Father,

Help me to continue in the faith by holding on to what you have given and by being stable and steadfast.

Don't let anything move me away from the hope of the Good News which I heard, which was proclaimed throughout the whole creation under heaven.

You make my endurance possible by filling me with your Spirit. Fill me more and more! And thank you for being my Father.

In the name of Jesus and by his authority I ask. Amen.

Dear Lord, grant me the strength to allow my desire to succeed be greater than my fear of failure.

Dear heavenly Father, praises be to Your Name for delivering us from the curses of the enemy! I thank You for Your many blessings, and am grateful that You have redeemed us from the curse. Lord, set us free from all dissatisfaction and discontent. Lord, today, may I find my peace and contentment in You. Father, I am grateful for Your protection against the curses of the devil. We thank You for Your many blessings and pray in the name of Jesus. Amen.

“A Prayer For Welcoming The Christ Child”

Jesus, we know that You no longer physically occupy a place where we can see, touch, or talk with You face to face. But You reside within the hearts of those who make room for You. We place You on the throne of our hearts where Your principles and Your divine guidance are the authority and rule for our lives. Though the world may cast You aside we place You front and center of all that we do so that all who see us will also see You. May the love You shed abroad in our hearts through the Holy Spirit also be spread around to those whom we regularly have contact with through Christ our Lord in whose name we pray. Amen.

Prayer for God's Guidance
St. Teresa of Avila
Govern everything by your wisdom, O Lord, so that my soul may always be serving you
in the way you will
and not as I choose.
Let me die to myself so that I may serve you;
let me live to you who are life itself.
Amen.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:52 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 13

God of love, Father of all, the darkness that covered the earth has given way to the bright dawn of your Word made flesh. Make me and all who confess your holy name people of this light. Make me faithful to your Word that I may bring your life to the waiting world. Grant this through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Dear Lord, You have given me so much! What can I give You? All that I really have to give You is my attention, and all You really want from me is my complete attention. ... Lord, help me to want to abide in You and to want You to abide in me at all times. Let Your Holy Spirit touch and empower me, quicken my desire for You, strengthen my faith and dwell within me.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

(See Eph. 3:14-21)

(c) 2001 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Gracious Father, help me that I may not be thoughtless and unkind. May I be gentle and sympathetic. Forgive me for any unhappiness which I may have made, and may it be mine to know the rejoicing that comes with lifting a discouraged life in time. Amen.

Lord, I need to keep an eye on the small things in life as well as the bigger issues, because my thoughts become my attitude, my attitude becomes my words, my words become my actions, and my actions form my character. Be there, Lord, in that instant before every thought, that I may choose wisely my thoughts and my attitude, my words and my actions, so that I may grow in friendship with those who become part of my life. Show me, too, how best to encourage others to reach their potential. Amen.\

I will give you a new heart and a new mind. I will take away your stubborn heart of stone and give you an obedient heart. I will put my spirit in you and will see to it that you follow my laws and keep all the commands I have given you. Ezekiel 36:26–27, TEV

Lord our God, may our lives be touched and awakened, for you send your Spirit to blow through heaven and earth and you stir everything to life. May we long for your Spirit's prompting for the sake of your promise and your will. Grant that we become new men who cannot be overpowered by the evil of the world, who can never be overcome by sin. May we be born anew to be fighters for the highest good on earth, which leads into heaven. Hear the prayers of all people far and near who in these days are sighing in their hearts for the Savior. We pray for them all as we pray for ourselves, and you will hear our prayer. You will send power to lift up the hearts and souls of men so that there may be a great throng of your joyful people on earth. In spite of all the misfortune, adversity, and danger in the world, there will be a people exulting from one end of the earth to the other, a people trusting in you and sure of victory through the great grace you give in answer to our prayers. Amen.
Old 12-13-2013, 07:43 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 14

Morning Praise

Blessed are you, Lord God: Blessed are you for ever. Holy is your name: Blessed are you for ever. Great is your mercy for your people. In the morning I cry out to you: Blessed are you for ever.

Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, I praise you and give you glory: I bless you for calling me to be one of your holy people. Remain in my heart, and guide me in my love and service all of this day. Help me to shine your light before others and lead them to the way of faith. Holy Trinity of love, I praise you now and for ever. Amen.

Glory to God whose power, working in us, can do infinitely more than we can ask or imagine: Glory to God from generation to generation in the church and in the world, and in Christ Jesus for ever and ever. Amen.

Praise the name of the Lord

Father, I will praise You with my whole heart…I will worship toward Your holy temple, and praise Your name for Your lovingkindness and Your truth: for You have magnified Your word above all Your name. Praise the name of the Lord! Amen.

Psalm 138:1-2

Dear Lord Jesus, remind me that Christmas can be a happy time for families, or it can be a sad time for those who are alone, separated by miles, or threats of war, or divorce or circumstances. ... In whatever category I fit, help me to see that I can be as happy as my soul* will let me be. The choice is mine, isn't it? No matter what my circumstances, the choice of attitude is still mine. There are always blessings to be counted. Help me to realize that because You lived, I can receive Your gifts of faith and salvation, and the comfort and guidance of the Holy Spirit - gifts for 365 days of every year, truly the greatest gifts of all.

In Your name I pray. Amen.

* (Mind, will and emotions)

Gracious Father, keep me cheerful and courageous, that I may not be given to weary murmurings. May my hours of solitude be spent profitably as they pass. Grant that I may be a help to those who are in need of sympathy and encouragement, and through the peace that is given to me help them to a tranquil life. Amen.

God our Father, at this time of year we think of loved ones, and remember with gratitude what others have done for us. As the stars shone over Bethlehem, so may we shine in the world like bright stars Phil 2 15 as we share the Word of Life - Jesus, your Son, your Word amongst us. Jn 1 14 Amen

Blessing of Grace

Colossians 1:28-29

Dear Father, source of our energy,

We do hope in you because our Lord lives his life through us and blesses others through the genuine love which he gives.

Grant us to proclaim him, warning and teaching everyone in all wisdom, so that we can present people mature in Christ.

Grant that we may strive for this with all the energy which you mightily inspire within us.

All good things are from you. There is no blessing except by your grace. We live and rejoice because of you!

In the name of Jesus I ask. Amen.
Old 12-13-2013, 07:44 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 15

Prayer of Ambrose of Milan

O Lord, who has mercy upon all, take away from me my sins, and mercifully kindle in me the fire of your Holy Spirit. Take away from me the heart of stone, and give me a heart of flesh, a heart to love and adore you, a heart to delight in you, to follow and to enjoy you, for Christ's sake. Amen.

from a prayer by Ambrose of Milan, 388 A.D.

Confession of Sins, with a Prayer for Contrition and Pardon.

Most merciful God, whose eyes are too pure to behold iniquity, and who has promised forgiveness to all those who confess and forsake their sins; I come before you in a humble sense of my own unworthiness, confessing my many transgressions of your righteous laws. [* Here make a short pause, to remember and confess the sins and failings of the past week.] But, O gracious Father, who desires not the death of a sinner, look upon me, I beseech you, in mercy, and forgive me for all my transgressions. Make me deeply sensible of the great evil of them; and work in me a hearty repentance; that I may obtain forgiveness at your hands, who is ever ready to receive humble and penitent sinners; for the sake of your Son Jesus Christ, my only Saviour and Redeemer. Amen.

Prayer to Be Filled with Christ’s Love (from Ephesians 14)

Heavenly Father, when I think of the wonder of your great plan for our salvation, I fall on my knees before you, who has named every name in heaven or on earth, and I pray that out of your richness of your glory, you will strengthen me in my inner being with your Spirit, so that Christ may dwell in my heart through faith. And I pray that I may be rooted and grounded in love, that I may have strength to comprehend with all the saints the breadth and length and height and depth of the love of Christ Jesus, the love that surpasses knowledge, and be filled with the fullness that only you can give. In the name of Christ, I pray, Amen.

May the Passion of Christ be ever in my heart. May your law and your goodness guide my every thought, O Lord. And may the power of your Holy Spirit flow through my words and my actions today, and during the week to come. Amen.

Prince of Peace

Father, I thank you that my family is justified through faith and we have peace with God through Jesus. We receive Jesus as the Prince of Peace, and we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. I pray this morning that our God who gives hope will fill us with much joy and peace while we are trusting in Him. Then our hope will overflow by the power of the Holy Spirit. I thank you, Father God, for your Son, born to us for our salvation. Amen.

Romans 5:1-2; Romans 15:13

Dear Lord Jesus, this is the season for giving, because You first gave to us. What can I give You? ... How simple it would be if I could purchase one gift, a really special gift, wrap it, give it, and be through. But no, I can not buy You a gift, can I? It isn't that simple. ... You want me to totally surrender my life to You. You want me to re-commit myself to You every day of the year. For You, Christmas was total involvement forever, wasn't it? That too, is the gift You want from me, one that only I can give. Oh Lord, help me to love You enough to want to give You this gift.

In Your holy name I pray.

Amen.

My Father, may I remember that the days of my life that I give over to grief can never be reclaimed. Help me that I may not want to keep sorrow in my life, but with faith may I believe that "weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning." Amen.

God our Father, amidst the busy-ness and noise of daily life, I ask you to bring it home to me how much I need time and quiet for myself, in which I can become more attuned with myself and more at one with you, my God. As I am then able to grow more in your image and likeness and be re-created, inspire me to be creative and develop to the full the talents you have given me for the benefit of those people you place into my life. Amen.

The Knitting of Hearts

Colossians 2:1-3

Dear Father, encourager,

Encourage our hearts and knit them together in love with the heart of Jesus and the hearts of every other child of yours!

Give us all the riches of knowing and understanding of what you had formerly kept secret, the Good News about Jesus Christ, for in him you have hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. Give us firm assurance in him.

Whatever new dimension or unfolding of your grace that shall come, it will be, I am convinced, a disclosure of the good things originally hidden in Christ. Help us to know it when we see it.

In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Dear Father, please help me. Today I find myself not in a good place. My heart is heavy with worry and I feel sadness almost too much to bear. Please give me the strength to get through this.
Post New ThreadReply