Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > Newcomers Recovery Help and Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Newcomers Recovery Help and Support Stop in here if you are new to recovery and share with us. Feel free to ask questions and for support here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2014, 11:11 PM   #21
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Today's thought is: May 2004

One comes, finally, to believe whatever one repeats to one's self, whether the statement is true or false.

--Napoleon Hill

Our inner dialogue can have awesome power. It often determines the behavior that defines who we are. We do, of course, have some choice as to the direction this inner dialogue will take. It's as easy to affirm our self-worth with positive messages as it is to tear ourselves down with negative ones. And yet, many of us fall so easily into negative patterns of thought.

As with so many aspects of our life, we become proficient at what we regularly practice. The regular, preferably daily, use of positive affirmations can make such a profound contribution to our well-being and willingness to grow and learn, that it can change the course of our life. All we have to do is develop the discipline to make these positive messages habitual. In so doing, we bring our vision of ourselves in line with God's, Who accepts us completely as we are.

The messages I give myself today will remind me that I am a capable and lovable child of God.

You are reading from the book:

In God's Care by Karen Casey
Love this thought. I am what I feed myself. If I am feeding myself negative things, then I am forgetting that I am a Child of God and worthy of good things.

If I feed myself positive things, I am affirming my worth.

As the saying goes, "If you say you can't, you won't" and "If you say you can, you will!

This is a spiritual program not a religious one. It may bring you back to the religion you left behind or lead you to one you never knew before.

A Higher Power is Universal. He/She/It is all things to me. He is what I need Him to be.

www.andiesisle.com/He-Will-Be.html

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply