Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2014, 01:20 AM   #30
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
September 30, 2014

Being ourselves

Page 284

"Our real value is in being ourselves."

Basic Text, p.101

Over and over, we have tried to live up to the expectations of those around us. We may have been raised believing that we were okay if we earned good grades in school, cleaned our rooms, or dressed a certain way. Always wanting to belong and be loved, many of us spent a lot of time trying to fit in-yet we never quite seemed to measure up.

Now, in recovery, we are accepted as we are. Our real value to others is in being ourselves. As we work the steps, we learn to accept ourselves just as we are. Once this happens, we gain the freedom to become who we want to be.

We each have many good qualities we can share with others. Our experiences, honestly shared, help others find the level of identification they need to begin their recovery. We discover that we all have special gifts to offer those around us.

Just for Today: My experience in recovery is the greatest gift I can give another addict. I will share myself honestly with others.
You never know when you are going to here your story told in a meeting. I have heard my story by a woman I had a resentment against in AA and a young woman who had a year back from a relapse have having 13 years clean in CA. I always knew I was an addict, and yet I had this denial about being and alcoholic. The girl in CA had never drank in her life because her father was an alcoholic.

It isn't the substance that is the problem, the issue is me.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply