Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Recovery Readings

Share This Forum!  

Daily Recovery Readings Start your day here with Daily Recovery Readings. Feel Free To Share Your Experience, Strength & Hope.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-31-2017, 05:04 AM   #31
bluidkiti
Administrator

AA Thought for the Day

March 31

Suddenly Realized
The broker had gone to Akron on a business venture which had
collapsed, leaving him greatly in fear that he might start drinking
again. He suddenly realized that in order to save himself he must
carry his message to another alcoholic.
- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. xvi

Thought to Ponder . . .
In AA we carry the message ... not the mess.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
A L C O H O L I C S = A Life Centered On Helping Others Live In Complete Sobriety.

~*~A.A. Thoughts For The Day~*~

Give Thanks
"Though I still find it difficult
to accept today's pain and anxiety
with any degree of serenity-
as those more advanced in the spiritual life
seem able to do-
I can give thanks for present pain nevertheless.
I can remember how the agonies of alcoholism,
the pain of rebellion and thwarted pride,
have often led me to God's grace,
and so to a new freedom."
Bill W., Box 1980: The AA Grapevine, March 1962
As Bill Sees It, p. 266

Thought to Consider . . .
Serenity isn't freedom from the storm; it is peace within the storm.

*~*~*AACRONYMS*~*~*
HOPE
Hearing Other Peoples' Experience

*~*~*~*~*^Just For Today!^*~*~*~*~*

Enlightenment
>From "Bill's Story":
"These were revolutionary and drastic proposals, but the moment I fully accepted them, the effect was electric. There
was a sense of victory, followed by such a peace and serenity as I had never known.
"For a moment I was alarmed, and called my friend, the doctor, to ask if I were still sane. He listened in wonder as I talked.
"Finally he shook his head saying, "Something has happened to you I don't understand. But you had better hang on to it.
Anything is better than the way you were." The good doctor now sees many men who have such experiences. He
knows that they are real."
2001 AAWS, Inc., Fourth Edition; Alcoholics Anonymous, pg. 14

*~*~*~*~*^ Grapevine Quote ^*~*~*~*~*

"If I am in pain, it may be beneficial to me if I am aware of those in even more pain ... The answer for my pain is in the Twelfth Step."
New York, N.Y., October 2006
"Gruff Love"
AA Grapevine

~*~*~*~*^ Big Book & Twelve N' Twelve Quotes of the Day ^*~*~*~*~*

"'There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which
is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in
everlasting ignorance that principle is contempt prior to investigation.'"
~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, Appendice II, Spiritual Experience, pg. 568~

"For the type of alcoholic who is able and willing get well, little
charity, in the ordinary sense of the word, is need or wanted. The men
who cry for money and shelter before conquering alcohol, are on the wrong track."
Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, Working With Others, pg. 97

We perceive that only through utter defeat are we able to take our first steps toward liberation and strength.
-Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions p. 21

Misc. AA Literature - Quote

To Watch Loneliness Vanish
Almost without exception, alcoholics are tortured by loneliness. Even before our drinking got bad and people began to
cut us off, nearly all of us suffered the feeling that we didn't quite belong. ? Either we were shy, and dared not draw near
others, or we were noisy good fellows constantly craving attention and companionship, but rarely getting it. There was
always that mysterious barrier we could neither surmount nor understand.
That's one reason we loved alcohol too well. But even Bacchus betrayed us; we were finally struck down and left in
terrified isolation.
Life takes on new meaning in A.A. To watch people recover, to see them help others, to watch loneliness vanish, to see
a fellowship grow up about you, to have a host of friends--this is an experience not to be missed.
1. TWELVE AND TWELVE, P. 57
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, P. 89

Prayer For The Day: Dear heavenly Father, I praise You for Your abundant love and mercy toward us. Thank you for being patient with me as I am learning not to say things that would hurt You or others. I do ask that You help me to guard my lips from saying unkind things. Lord, even as David prayed these words, I ask that they be my prayer also. "Let the words of my mouth and the mediation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer." Help us all, as Your children, to say edifying things about one another. Thank you for the abundant life that is ours as we hear, speak, and obey the Words of God. I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply