Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Lounge > Articles, Facts, Information, News

Share This Forum!  

Articles, Facts, Information, News Share all interesting Articles, Facts, Information, News here to read and discuss.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05-20-2014, 01:46 PM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default Live Healthy

Subject: Microwaving in plastic containers...interesting!

This message is for die-hard microwave users; just add a little twist to heat up a dish.

Some info you might find interesting. Johns Hopkins has recently sent this out in their newsletters...worth noting...

Dioxin Carcinogens (from heated or freezing plastic) causes cancer. Especially breast cancer. Don't freeze your plastic water bottles with water as this also releases dioxins in the plastic. Dr. Edward Fujimoto from Castle hospital was on a TV program explaining this health hazard. (He is the manager of the Wellness Program at the hospital.) He was talking about dioxins and how bad they are for us. He said that we should not be heating our food in the microwave using plastic containers. This applies to foods that contain fat. He said that the combination of fat, high heat and plastics releases dioxins into the food and ultimately into the cells of the body.

Dioxins are carcinogens and highly toxic to the cells of our bodies.

Instead, he recommends using glass, Corningware or ceramic containers for heating food. You get the same results ...without the dioxins. So such things as TV dinners, instant ramen and soups, etc., should be removed from the container and heated in something else.

Paper isn't bad but you don't know what is in the paper. It's just safer to use tempered glass, Corningware, etc. He said we might remember when some of the fast food restaurants moved away from the foam containers to paper. The dioxin problem is one of the reasons.

To add to this: Saran wrap placed over foods as they are nuked, with the high heat, actually drips poisonous toxins into the food, use paper towels.

Pass this on to your family & friends & those who are important in your life.

Received from my good friend Lynn who works in a hospital.

========================================

Not sure what I did wrong, instead of plastic, it may have been the paper serviette I used; but all I got was a warped TV dinner tray that started to melt (plastic which never happened before) black smoke, the serviette was brown and smouldering, a brown stain the colour of nicotine on the rotating tray of my microwave and a very black potato that wasn't cooked and badly singed and smouldering.

Originally posted on another site in 2004.

In today, they do sell microwavable plastic wrap, but it is still plastic.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply