Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-2014, 11:39 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - 7/11

When we pray to God for all sorts of help, be quiet, sit back, and listen for the answers God provides. Don't dominate the conversation: Be silent and listen a little. In other words, meditate. Quiet down and observe your life. --John-Roger

There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, "Thy will be done," and those to whom God says, "All right, then, have it your way." --C.S. Lewis

"Miss no single opportunity of making some small sacrifice, here by a smiling look, there by a kindly word; always doing the smallest thing right and doing it all for love. . . Remember that nothing is small in the eyes of God. Do all that you do with love." --St. Therese of Lisieux

Now and then I like to lift my eyes up from the details of daily life and remember the bigger picture, and take a breath of God, and feel and remember that ultimately, it's all okay. ~ Dan Millman

Remembering God's mercy and faithfulness gives us hope.

God is our sure and steadfast help, no matter our circumstances.

Give God time to speak to you every day.

Because God holds our hand, we can walk through life with confidence and peace.

I believe God's still voice speaks to us daily if we would only listen.

Be the one to create a Christ like atmosphere ....
BEND, you won’t break.
You will discover ...YOU'RE THE WINNER!

What Happens When You Trust In The Wrong Things by Rocky Henriques
ABC World News Now reported on June 16, 2013 that three women, visiting from out of town, drove their rented SUV into a swamp near Seattle, Washington. It seems they had been out to dinner, and were returning just after midnight, when they got lost near Mercer Island. Following their on-board GPS system, they turned onto a boat ramp--and kept going.
It seems we hear a lot of these kinds of stories today. I don't have a GPS system in my vehicle, so I really can't relate, but I guess people kind of get dependent on them when they are in unfamiliar territory. The problem comes when we depend entirely on them when our eyes should tell us that there is a lake in front of us.
There is a parable in this story, of course. Since the beginning of Creation, mankind has been depending on the wrong things for guidance. God gave one set of instructions, but Adam and Eve followed the GPS system of Satan--Gullible Prompting of Satan. And we're still doing it today. There are people who are lost and wandering around in the midnight of their lives where it is dark and confusing. Instead of listening to the voice of the Holy Spirit prompting, guiding and directing, they follow their own defective guidance systems--and wind up in the swamp.
And, as you would expect, the Bible has something to say about this. Consider Psalm 25:4-5, which read, "Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." Psalm 48:14 tells us "For this is God our God for ever and ever; he will be our guide even to the end." Proverbs tells us that we should listen to the words of God, for "when you walk, they will guide you" (Proverbs 6:22). And Isaiah 58:11 promises "The Lord will guide you always…."
So don't wind up in the swamp of confusion and desperation! Keep your eyes on the Lord, not the systems of the world which promise much but deliver little. He will keep us on the right - and dry -path.

I Love You Anyway Author Unknown
The fear of rejection may be one of the most basic fears of the human experience. Dr. Joe Harding tells a heart-warming story of a man who finally decided to ask his boss for a raise in salary. It was Friday. He told his wife that morning what he was about to do. All day the man felt nervous and apprehensive. Late in the afternoon he summoned the courage to approach his employer. To his delight, the boss agreed to a raise.
The man arrived home to a beautiful table set with their best china. Candles were lighted. His wife had prepared a festive meal. Immediately he figured that someone from the office had tipped her off! Finding his wife in the kitchen, he told her the good news. They embraced and kissed, then sat down to a wonderful meal. Next to his plate the man found a beautiful lettered note. It read: "Congratulations, darling! I knew you'd get the raise! These things will tell you how much I love you."
While on his way to the kitchen to get dessert he noticed that a second card had fallen from her pocket. Picking it off the floor, he read: "Don't worry about not getting the raise! You deserve it anyway! These things will tell you how much I love you."
Total acceptance! Total love. Her love for him was not contingent upon his success at work. In fact, just the opposite. If he were to fail there, if he were to be rejected by his boss, he'd be all the more accepted at home. She stood behind him no matter what; softening the blows, healing the wounds, believing in him, loving him. We can be rejected by almost anyone if we're loved by one.
That's the way families can be with each other - and I think that's the way God is with us, too! "We love Him because He first loved us." (1 John 4:19)
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

An Assuring Presence by Max Lucado
Why anyone would pester Hannah Lake is beyond me. If her sweet face doesn’t de-starch your shirt, her cherubic voice will. But a grade school bully tried to stir some trouble. Intimidation. Pressure. But Hannah didn’t fold. In the end, it was her faith that pulled her through!
The older student warned Hannah, “Any day now I’m coming after you.” Hannah didn’t flinch or cry. She simply informed the perpetrator about the facts: “Do whatever you need to do,” she explained. “Just know this: God is on my side.” Last word has it that no more threats have been made!
Elementary school bullies don’t await you. But job transfers and fair-weather friends do. Challenges pockmark the pathway of your life. Where do you find energy to face them?
God never promises the absence of distress. But he does promise the assuring presence of his Holy Spirit.
“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 2 Corinthians 12:9″

Is There a Catfish in Your Tank? by Greg Laurie
"Do not marvel, my brethren, if the world hates you." (1 John 3:13)
I heard a story about some fish suppliers who were having problems shipping codfish from the East Coast. By the time the fish reached the West coast, they were spoiled. They froze them, but by the time the fish arrived, they were mushy. They decided to send them alive. But the fish arrived dead so they tried sending the fish alive again, but with one difference. They included a catfish in each tank. You see, the catfish is the natural enemy of the codfish. By the time the codfish arrived, they were alive and well, because they had spent their trip fleeing the catfish.
This is my point. Maybe God has put a catfish in your tank to keep you alive and well spiritually. It's called persecution. Maybe there's a person at work who always has eight hard questions for you every Monday morning regarding spiritual things. Maybe it is that neighbor who is giving you a hard time for your faith in Jesus. Maybe it is a spouse or family member who doesn't believe. You are wondering why this is happening. It is like that catfish. That person is keeping you on your toes.
Shortly before His crucifixion, Jesus told the disciples, "If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you" (John 15:19).
God will allow persecution in the life of the believer. If you're experiencing persecution, here are two things to remember:
1. Persecution confirms that you are a child of God.
2. Persecution causes you to cling closer to Jesus.
When you are suffering persecution for your faith, remember that this world is not your home.

YOU'RE NUMBER TWO
I heard about a couple that was celebrating their second anniversary. The husband arranged to have flowers sent to his wife at her office. He told the florist to write "Happy Anniversary, Year Number 2" on the card.
His wife was thrilled with the flowers, but not so pleased with the card. It mistakenly read, "Happy Anniversary. You're Number 2."
While I chuckle at that story, the truth of the matter is that if the same thing had happened to my wife, she would have reacted in a totally different way -- she would have been thrilled! Perhaps a word of explanation is in order as I share something very private with you.
While we were dating, I came up with a pet name for Sueanne. She was my "little number two" (usually written as "lil no. 2"). That was how I would address her when I wrote her notes or sent her cards -- "Lil no. 2." That was my way of saying to her, "God comes first in my life, but you are second."
It never bothered my wife that she was number two in my life. She never saw that as an insult. In fact, I think she understood that as long as God stood in the number one place in my life, she would always be treated with dignity, love and compassion. We are approaching 29 years of married life, and she remains my "lil no. 2". She always has been, she always will be. She will never be number one. But that's OK with her.
"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength." (Mark 12:30)
Seek to make God number one in your life and I promise it will improve your relationship with "number two." Have a great day! Alan Smith

LIFE IS SOMETIMES DIFFICULT by Russ Lawson
How much do you trust God? I really mean this, how much do you trust God? Do you believe that he cares for you? Do you believe that no matter what happens in your life that he is right there beside you? Do you believe that if you live faithfully he will someday take you home to heaven? As Christians we must believe these things, because that is the hope we have in life; that is what our faith is about!
Philip Yancey, in his book REACHING FOR THE INVISIBLE GOD, tells of his father in law, a Bible teacher and committed Christian. The older man’s faith troubled him in his final years. A degenerative nerve disease confined him to bed, preventing him from sharing in most of the activities he enjoyed. In addition to his own illness, his daughter battled a debilitating form of diabetes.
During the most severe crisis, he composed a Christmas letter and mailed it to family members and friends. He expressed his uneasy feelings about many things he had once taught. What could he believe with certainty? The old Bible teacher staked his faith on three realities. Here is his list: “(1) Life is difficult, (2) God is merciful, (3) Heaven is sure.”
Is life difficult? Yes! It is rarely any other way, but God's word assures us that we have a loving God who is merciful to his children and that the promise of heaven is sure. We believe it, because he said.
Jesus encouraged his disciples with these words found in John 14:1-3: "Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. My Father's house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am."
Has that promise ever changed? No, God's promise to us remains the same no matter what difficulties come into our lives. The writer of Hebrews encourages us with these words. "Because God wanted to make the unchanging nature of his purpose very clear to the heirs of what was promised, he confirmed it with an oath. God did this so that, by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled to take hold of the hope set before us may be greatly encouraged. We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure." (Hebrews 6:17-19).
What is the anchor for your soul during difficult times, what is your hope? It must be the "unchangeable" promises of God, because those are the only ones that really last!

Big Monster Feet by Sally I. Kennedy
He who watches over you will not slumber. Psalm 121:3
We had just been there earlier in the day, and I never noticed any monster clues. It did, though, look like a claw foot of a giant monster for sure, and a photo doesn't lie. Does it?
Where clay and rocky mountain riverbanks slide down to the water, someone with an active imagination might see monster things. I recall my dad looking at cloud formations, and pointing out animals, faces, and other images. He was creative and inventive with no doubt a good imagination. That was great in the daytime, but at night or in dim light it wasn't so terrific to see monsters in the crack of the closet door, coats on hangers and moving shadows. Nope, I was definitely not interested in seeing any monster feet.
Sometimes the enemy of our soul taunts us with scary monster tactics. The what-ifs are right up there, along with any number of fear tactics- none of which are real.
The reality is GOD. He's with us, He takes care of us, He watches over us, He saves us, and He will never ever leave us. He never takes a cat-nap, tunes out, or turns away.*
With all of that, any big monster feet that come after us can forget it and turn tail and run. That's good news.
Psalm 121 - 1I lift up my eyes to the mountains-where does my help come from? 2My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. 3He will not let your foot slip-he who watches over you will not slumber; 4indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. 5The Lord watches over you-the Lord is your shade at your right hand; 6the sun will not harm you by day,nor the moon by night. 7The Lord will keep you from all harm-he will watch over your life; 8the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Stop and take a personal inventory of how you manage your resources. I speak of time, money, energy, and concentration. Productivity in the world is not the same as spiritual productivity. You are set in this world to establish My kingdom in all things. It is My desire for you to become a better steward of all that you have been given and all that you have been given to do. I will direct your steps, says the Lord. Matthew 6:24 "No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon."

Re-establish yourself on the solid ground of faith. You cannot acquire spiritual benefits without trusting Me, says the Lord. And, you cannot rely on your efforts in the natural realm to achieve maximum benefits in the Spirit. You have heard it said that desperate times call for desperate measures. Do not think of faith as your last act of desperation, but your first choice in getting help. James 1:6-8 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

Maintain your vital connection with Me, says the Lord, which will stabilize your life in these hectic times. Be strong, focused and unwavering, and it will help you deal with the chaos around you. You will also need to take time to quiet your soul and be still. Refuse to allow yourself to be drawn into things that steal your peace. Psalms 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!

Be quiet. It is in your best interest to stop worrying and fretting and start putting your trust in Me. For, I will show you the way and be with you on the journey. Be sensitive to My leading, and do not rely on your own thoughts and desires. I know what is best for you, says the Lord. Have faith! Psalms 5:11-12 But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You; Let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them; Let those also who love Your name Be joyful in You. For You, O LORD, will bless the righteous; With favor You will surround him as with a shield.

What you say is a direct reflection of your heart, and your speech reveals whether you walk in the Spirit or in the flesh. Pay attention to the words of your mouth, and deal with the issues within yourself that cause a negative overflow. I have called you to righteousness, faith, and peace. When you walk in unity with Me, says the Lord, the fruit will be evident. Psalms 141:3 Set a guard, O LORD, over my mouth; keep watch over the door of my lips.

Position yourself in My presence, says the Lord, and I will give you directions for solving difficult problems. But, don't come with your own solutions or good ideas, for that will block true wisdom. You need to come with the innocence and openness of a child. Come in faith and let Me lead you. James 3:13-18 Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct that his works are done in the meekness of wisdom. But if you have bitter envy and self-seeking in your hearts, do not boast and lie against the truth. This wisdom does not descend from above, but is earthly, sensual, demonic. For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there. But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
I hear the Lord saying that this is an issue of trust. If you trust in Me with all of your heart; if you’ll walk with Me from this day forward I will bring you in to the glorious light of the day that you live in. And, I will reveal the essence of the times and seasons that you dwell in. Will I not lead you on the paths of righteousness; the paths of safety; the paths that take you higher than ever you have been before? Will I not be with you in these last days says the Lord? Not only will I be with you, but I have chosen you to live your life in these times because the glory of My church shall shine ever brighter, and you will be a part of that. I have chosen you because you have determination. You’ve been through some things and you have not given up. You’ve walked with Me in times that were troubling. You had to walk away from people who did not think like you did or believe like you did, and you made your choices for Me over and over again. I will honor those choices and bring you in to the glory of this day, says the Lord God.

Wait by Russell Kelfer
Desperately, helplessly, longingly, I cried,
Quietly, patiently, lovingly God replied.
I pled and I wept for a clue to my fate,
And the Master so gently said, "Child, you must wait."
"Wait? You say, wait! " my indignant reply.
"Lord, I need answers, I need to know why!
Is your hand shortened? Or have you not heard?
By Faith, I have asked, and I'm claiming your Word.
My future and all to which I can relate
Hangs in the balance, and YOU tell me to WAIT?
I'm needing a 'yes', a go-ahead sign,
Or even a 'no' to which I can resign.
You promised, dear Lord, that if we believe,
We need but to ask, and we shall receive.
And Lord, I've been asking, and this is my cry:
I'm weary of asking! I need a reply!"
Then quietly, softly, I learned of my fate
As my Master replied once again, "You must wait."
So, I slumped in my chair, defeated and taut
And grumbled to God, "So, I'm waiting... for what?"
He seemed, then, to kneel, and His eyes wept with mine,
And He tenderly said, "I could give you a sign.
I could shake the heavens, and darken the sun.
I could raise the dead, and cause mountains to run.
All you seek, I could give, and pleased you would be.
You would have what you want - But, you wouldn't know Me.
You'd not know the depth of My love for each saint;
You'd not know the power that I give to the faint.
You'd not learn to see through the clouds of despair;
You'd not learn to trust just by knowing I'm there;
You'd not know the joy of resting in Me
When darkness and silence were all you could see.
You'd never experience that fullness of love
As the peace of My Spirit descends like a dove;
You'd know that I give and I save... (for a start),
But you'd not know the depth of the beat of My Heart.
The glow of My comfort late into the night,
The faith that I give when you walk without sight,
The depth that's beyond getting just what you asked
From an infinite God, who makes what you have LAST.
You'd never know, should your pain quickly flee,
What it means that "My grace is sufficient for Thee."
Yes, your dreams for your loved-one overnight would come true,
But, Oh, the Loss! if you missed what I'm doing in you!
So, be silent, My Child, and in time you will see
That the greatest of gifts is to truly know Me.
And though oft may My answers seem terribly late,
My most precious answer of all is still... "WAIT."'

This too shall pass by R.M.Goodwin
I am sure this to shall pass,
But waiting for it too,
Seems like it's going to last.
I have said my prayers,
Given it to God,
Even shared with a few who passed.
I am just wishing,
For something,
I am surely not getting.
The reason for this,
Is what I ask,
I know for sure,
This too shall pass.
But I see why,
It still holds on fast,
I haven't really given up,
I'm holding on to it,
Instead of letting up.
Okay time to try again,
I will have to remember,
One thing first,
That is to let go,
And let God,
Instead for holding on,
I have to remember,
God will take care of me.
And remember the mean for,
This too shall pass,
Let Go, Let God,
And pray for things to come,
Not hide within the past.
And for sure if I do these things...
This Too Shall Pass.

This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time, casting all your anxiety upon Him, because He cares for you. 1 Peter 5:6-7

You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. Galatians 3:26

You are from God, little children, and have overcome [evil spirits]; because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world. 1 John 4:4

Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God. Psalm 43:5

I will sing to the Lord, for he has been good to me. Psalm 13:6

The Beatitudes
Now when he saw the crowds, he went up on a mountainside and sat down. His disciples came to him, and he began to teach them saying: "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth. Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God. Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. "Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you. Matthew 5:1-12

For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Roman 15:4-6

Talking To God by Joel Jongkind
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 – Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. (NKJV)
The local Long Term Care Centre, where I've volunteered for the last twelve years, provides residency for 77 people; there is a staff of 92, and there are 71 registered volunteers. The local Ministerial Association holds a worship service there every Tuesday, which I sometimes lead, and my wife and I, together with a friend who plays the piano, have conducted Good Friday and Christmas services. On two Fridays a month, or three when there are five Fridays, I lead a Bible discussion. At one time, there would be 20 to 25 residents in attendance, but lately, it has dropped off to 10 to 15. As time goes by, the residents age, their health deteriorates, and a large number of them are not able to attend. The ones who do come are all very capable and are able to participate and appreciate. There are always some whom I can relate to very well. Indeed, a number of them have become good friends over the years.
At one of our sessions not long ago, one of the residents looked rather sad, so afterwards, I took her to her room and asked her what was bothering her. She said that she and her roommate were not compatible. She still has all her faculties, and although she realizes that she is unable to be on her own, she is sad and lonely. We sat and talked for a while, and I held her hand. She said, "If I did not have God to talk to all day, I would not be able to cope." And then she cried.
It is so hard for some of the elderly who are still of sound mind and spirit to adjust to living in an institutional facility. Some are unhappy until they get used to it. In such situations, it is so good to know that we can talk to God. We can bare our souls, we can tell Him our concerns, and we are assured that He will listen. We may not get an answer right away, and our situation may not change immediately, but after we have gone to the Lord in prayer, after we have talked to Him, we feel better.
Jesus talked about prayer on many occasions, and there are a number of Bible passages where Jesus went away by Himself to pray. Paul also reminded the people in Philippi, as well as us, to bring our prayers to God, to talk with God about our problems:
Philippians 4:6-7 – Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. (NKJV)
Our Father in heaven, it is with gratitude that we can come to You in prayer. We know, Lord, that You listen, and we ask for those in distress, for those who suffer and worry, that You will be with them. We ask it in Jesus' name. Amen.

St. Francis of Assisi's vocation prayer
Most High, Glorious God, enlighten the darkness of our minds. Give us a right faith, a firm hope and a perfect charity, so that we may always and in all things act according to Your Holy Will. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
2 Chronicles 30
Hezekiah Celebrates the Passover
1 Hezekiah sent word to all Israel and Judah and also wrote letters to Ephraim and Manasseh, inviting them to come to the temple of the Lord in Jerusalem and celebrate the Passover to the Lord, the God of Israel. 2 The king and his officials and the whole assembly in Jerusalem decided to celebrate the Passover in the second month. 3 They had not been able to celebrate it at the regular time because not enough priests had consecrated themselves and the people had not assembled in Jerusalem. 4 The plan seemed right both to the king and to the whole assembly. 5 They decided to send a proclamation throughout Israel, from Beersheba to Dan, calling the people to come to Jerusalem and celebrate the Passover to the Lord, the God of Israel. It had not been celebrated in large numbers according to what was written. 6 At the king’s command, couriers went throughout Israel and Judah with letters from the king and from his officials, which read: “People of Israel, return to the Lord, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel, that he may return to you who are left, who have escaped from the hand of the kings of Assyria. 7 Do not be like your parents and your fellow Israelites, who were unfaithful to the Lord, the God of their ancestors, so that he made them an object of horror, as you see. 8 Do not be stiff-necked, as your ancestors were; submit to the Lord. Come to his sanctuary, which he has consecrated forever. Serve the Lord your God, so that his fierce anger will turn away from you. 9 If you return to the Lord, then your fellow Israelites and your children will be shown compassion by their captors and will return to this land, for the Lord your God is gracious and compassionate. He will not turn his face from you if you return to him.” 10 The couriers went from town to town in Ephraim and Manasseh, as far as Zebulun, but people scorned and ridiculed them. 11 Nevertheless, some from Asher, Manasseh and Zebulun humbled themselves and went to Jerusalem. 12 Also in Judah the hand of God was on the people to give them unity of mind to carry out what the king and his officials had ordered, following the word of the Lord. 13 A very large crowd of people assembled in Jerusalem to celebrate the Festival of Unleavened Bread in the second month. 14 They removed the altars in Jerusalem and cleared away the incense altars and threw them into the Kidron Valley. 15 They slaughtered the Passover lamb on the fourteenth day of the second month. The priests and the Levites were ashamed and consecrated themselves and brought burnt offerings to the temple of the Lord. 16 Then they took up their regular positions as prescribed in the Law of Moses the man of God. The priests splashed against the altar the blood handed to them by the Levites. 17 Since many in the crowd had not consecrated themselves, the Levites had to kill the Passover lambs for all those who were not ceremonially clean and could not consecrate their lambs to the Lord. 18 Although most of the many people who came from Ephraim, Manasseh, Issachar and Zebulun had not purified themselves, yet they ate the Passover, contrary to what was written. But Hezekiah prayed for them, saying, “May the Lord, who is good, pardon everyone 19 who sets their heart on seeking God—the Lord, the God of their ancestors—even if they are not clean according to the rules of the sanctuary.” 20 And the Lord heard Hezekiah and healed the people. 21 The Israelites who were present in Jerusalem celebrated the Festival of Unleavened Bread for seven days with great rejoicing, while the Levites and priests praised the Lord every day with resounding instruments dedicated to the Lord. 22 Hezekiah spoke encouragingly to all the Levites, who showed good understanding of the service of the Lord. For the seven days they ate their assigned portion and offered fellowship offerings and praised the Lord, the God of their ancestors. 23 The whole assembly then agreed to celebrate the festival seven more days; so for another seven days they celebrated joyfully. 24 Hezekiah king of Judah provided a thousand bulls and seven thousand sheep and goats for the assembly, and the officials provided them with a thousand bulls and ten thousand sheep and goats. A great number of priests consecrated themselves. 25 The entire assembly of Judah rejoiced, along with the priests and Levites and all who had assembled from Israel, including the foreigners who had come from Israel and also those who resided in Judah. 26 There was great joy in Jerusalem, for since the days of Solomon son of David king of Israel there had been nothing like this in Jerusalem. 27 The priests and the Levites stood to bless the people, and God heard them, for their prayer reached heaven, his holy dwelling place.

Dear God, help us to see what you have appointed us to do in the situation where we find ourselves today. God of wind and wave, help us always to keep our lives firmly anchored in your promises. Wherever we are, God, be with us and let us hear your word. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply