Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 02-28-2014, 11:18 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon19 Daily Prayers - March

March 1

I dedicate this day to you, mighty God. I pray that your Spirit will lift me up this day, and that your face may shine upon me all the day long, that I might do your will and lead a new life in Christ, reborn in the Spirit. Amen.

Lord of life, we give you thanks for the beauty of creation, and we rejoice when we see signs of new life. May we be Spring to others and never Winter. Amen.

Walking in Love

Romans 14:13-16

Dear Father, to whom all will bow,

Help me not pass judgment on others or despise them. Let me look to myself in view of the fact that I will have to give an account for my own self.

You have said, "As I live every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God." Let me praise you now before the day of your judgment. Let my praise be willing and not forced.

Help me never to put a stumbling block or hindrance in the way of a brother or sister in Christ, and especially of some young person. Don't let me injure anyone by exercising my rights. Let me rather walk in love toward. Don't let my right to do something cause the ruin of one for whom Christ died. Do not let what is good to me be evil spoken of.

In the name of Jesus I ask for the love and wisdom to so live. Amen.

“A Prayer For A Steadfast Walk”

Father, those who sacrifice their time, affections, and finances to idols are doing so at their own peril. We want to offer our lives as living sacrifices, making them holy and acceptable to You. When we exchange that which is best from You for that which is appealing from the devil we regress. We fall back rather than move forward. We want to be led of Your Spirit step by step, day by day, moment by moment. Whenever we’re tempted to compromise remind us of the tragic exchange that will result and the awful consequences that follow. We want to stay on the straight and narrow, not going one step off the right way. Help us to do so, in the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.

O taste and see that the Lord is good! Happy is the man who takes refuge in him! Psalm 34:8, RSV

Dear Father in heaven, we come to you. With thanks we come to you, for again and again you have helped us. Again and again you have let your light shine out on us so that we could be glad and know that our lives are in your hands. Protect us on this earth, where it is so necessary. Protect us, that the light of true life may shine more and more brightly and we may praise your name with our whole heart. Be with us this night, O God, and touch our hearts with your Spirit. Amen.

Father as we quietly wait in your presence this early morning, we give you praise for a new day. The storms of life may rage around us, but if we are grounded in you, we will not lose our footing. As we listen to the storm with the wind and rain, we know that we dwell in your peace, for we are surrounded with shelter. So it is in the midst of the many issues that so many are facing, your are their stillness, comfort, hope, and peace. May we draw from your strength today and know that you alone see our heart, and know us. How we praise you for your forgiving love and grace.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2014, 12:31 PM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 2

Prayer for Sunday Worship

O God, who makes us glad with the weekly remembrance of the glorious resurrection of your Son our Lord Jesus Christ; Give me this day such blessings through my worship of you, that the days to come may be spent in your service; through the same Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Eternal God, heavenly Father, you have graciously accepted me as a living member of your Son our Savior Jesus Christ, and you have blessed me with the grace of forgiveness through the sacrifice He made for me and for all people. Send me now into the world in peace, and grant me strength and courage to love and serve you with gladness and singleness of heart; through Christ our Lord. Amen.

You Are Special

God had you on His mind when He created the heavens and the earth. He choose you before the foundation of the world that you should be holy and without blame before Him in love. He created you special and marked out a pathway filled with good works. His plan for you is a life of goodness through your union with Christ Jesus.

PRAYER

Good morning, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Thank you for this day — the day You have made. I love you with my entire being — spirit, soul and body. You knew me before I was formed within my mother’s womb; before I was born You sanctified me and appointed me as Your witness to the world. I was created for a specific and very special purpose. Thank you Holy Spirit for revealing the things of Jesus unto me, for showing me things to come, and helping me fulfill my destiny to the glory of the Father. Amen.

Dear friends, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal that has come on you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice inasmuch as you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed. 1 Peter 4:12-13, NIV

Dear Father in heaven, we ask you from our hearts to give us your peace. Grant that nothing may take your peace from us, and protect us from all that is evil. May we always be mindful that we should serve you in self-denial. May we be faithful on all our ways, looking to the great promise you have given each one of us. Keep us under your protection, as you have always done. We praise and thank you for all that comes to our hearts from you, making us full of trust and certain of your further help. Amen.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:06 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 3

Prayer to Gain and Share Wisdom

Lord, there is so much that I don't know, and I ask you to inspire me with a thirst for knowledge. I pray, too, for wisdom and understanding that I may use my knowledge well. I give thanks for many people I have never met whose knowledge and understanding have been passed on to me. I ask that I may benefit from their work and experience and may contribute, in turn, to the well-being of others. Amen.

Into your hands, O Lord, Jesus Christ, my God, I commend my spirit. Bless me and all those who pray in faith of You this day; save us and grant unto us everlasting life. Amen.

Father, I will look for occasions to bring healing, to strengthen and bless others. I purpose to do good every time it is possible. I will not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in the power of my hand to do so. If my enemy is hungry, I will feed him; if he is thirsty, I will give him a drink. In the name of Jesus, I will overcome evil with good. Amen.

Dear Lord, help me to understand that You have a plan for my life, even beyond my farthest dreams. You want me to trust You and to be obedient, to seek Your will first, and then to use my creativity and intelligence to carry it out. ... Help me not to run ahead of You, deciding on my own what is the best action to take without ever seeking Your advice. ... When I realize that we are to be partners, then I understand that the opportunities You provide me will lead to the greatest fulfillment for my life. ... Let me accept joyfully whatever You give me to do, no matter how small. Let my daily actions be Your gospel.

In the name of Jesus I pray.

Amen.

© 1999 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

My Lord, make me a lover of the truth. Make me careful of my thoughts, and the words I would speak, that I may not think selfishly and speak cruelly, but keep myself holy unto thee. Amen.

Lord, you have watched me grow in my mother’s womb, and I know that you love all that you have made. Help me to transform my difficulties and disabilities into opportunities for growth. Shine the light of your Spirit on me that I may grow as the person you are calling me to be. Inspire me to develop the talents you have given me for the benefit and the service of those people you have placed in my life. May each of us become a blessing for others. Amen.

Imitating Christ

Romans 15:1-8

Dear Father, God of steadfast love,

May the strength you give us be used to bear with the failings of those who are weak, not to please ourselves, but to please our neighbor for his good, to build him up.

In this let us imitate Jesus, your Son, who did not please himself, but lived as it was written of him, "The reproaches of those who reproached you fell on me."

May you, our Father, the God of steadfastness and encouragement, grant us Christians to live in such harmony with one another, in full accord with Jesus Christ, that together we may with one voice glorify you, the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

In the name of Jesus and according to his command. Amen.

Lord, protect me as I strive everyday to draw closer to You! Remind me that I am not alone for You are my help. You are my strong shelter that I know I can trust and rely on. Thank you for never leaving me.
Old 03-03-2014, 12:30 PM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 4

For a New Day

Lord, the newness of this day
Call me to an untried way;
Let me gladly take the road,
Give me strength to bear my load.
Thou my guide and helper be —
I will travel through with Thee.
Amen.
by Henry Van Dkye

Meditation

[We will not hesitate to take a new road, with God at our side.]

To Lay Our Suffering at Jesus' Feet

Lord Jesus, you call me to live every aspect of my life in your presence, and so I come before you as I am. With the myrrh that the wise men carried I bring, too, the pain and sorrow and suffering that I have experienced. I lay them before you because they are all part of who I am. I ask that good may come from whatever negative things happen to me, knowing that nothing can ever separate me from your love. Amen.

God, Make me perfect in every good work to do your will, working in me that which is well pleasing in your sight; through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Father God, you are my Habitation. You have commanded your angels to guard and keep me in all my ways. I have put on the new man created in Christ Jesus. I renounce resentment, unforgiveness, bitterness, envy and strife. Satan, the father of lies, is a defeated foe. Lord, you have set your love upon me; you are my Protector and my Deliverer. Goodness, Mercy and unfailing Love shall follow me all the days of my life. Hallelujah!

Dear Lord, You have said, "Blessed are the poor in spirit,"* -- those who realize that they need the Holy Spirit to quicken both Your Word and Your truth for them. ... Help me to realize that I need You each day of my life; I need Your guidance, I need Your wisdom, I need to know that Your love is constant and that Your grace is sufficient to sustain me. ... As I prepare for uncertain times ahead, help me to yield to Your sovereignty, to trust Your faithfulness, and to desire to serve You as I seek Your will for my life.

In Jesus' holy name I pray.

Amen.

* (Matt. 5:3)

Almighty God, may I not only approve of justice and kindness, but practice it. Grant that I may be attentive to the call of work and steadfast in completing it. May I be sincere to those who are dear to me, and never falter in my support to those who are dependent upon me. Amen.

Father, into your hands I place my successes. Into your hands I also place my failures, and I pray that, through your Spirit, I may face the challenges of life with courage and determination. Help me to think anew and see things more broadly than in terms of “success” and “failure”. Lead me always to trust and place myself confidently in your hands. Amen.

Lord, our God and Father, we thank you for letting us walk in the way of Jesus Christ, for helping us on the way to the Cross. Come what may, we belong to the Savior, and we are your children. We want to be joyful and full of faith, full of hope, full of patience, for your mercy leads us on. In all we experience how often we can say, "Thanks be to God. He has helped us here, he has helped there, he helps every day in spite of all the evil in the world. Praise and thanks and honor be to him forever!" Amen.

Dear Lord, please help me to do what I can, and understand that I cannot do everything. Help me make what I can do count.

Comfort in Christ
Christ is shepherd over you,
Enfolding you on every side.
Christ will not forsake you, hand or foot,
Nor let evil come near you.
Old 03-04-2014, 11:30 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 5

For Forgiveness

Oh Holy God, look down upon me, a miserable sinner, and forgive me for the terrible things that I do, against your love for us and against the love that you have commanded us to show for our brothers and sister. The people of the world are your holy and beautiful children, oh Lord, and I am one of them also. I pray that you will fill me so full of your might and love that I will not sin against myself or anybody else, this day, or ever; but if I do, I plead with you, give me that undeserved grace you showed by the life and sacrifice of your Son, my Lord, Jesus Christ. Amen.

Meditation

[Everywhere I go, I'm gonna' let it shine!]

Thanks for the Gifts of This Life

O God, I thank You for this day of life
for eyes to see the sky
for ears to hear the birds
for feet to walk amidst the trees
for hands to pick the flowers from the earth
for a sense of smell to breathe in the sweet
perfumes of nature
for a mind to think about and appreciate
the magic of everyday miracles
for a spirit to swell in joy at Your mighty presence
everywhere.
Amen.
~ Marian Wright Edelman

Lord, pour your love into my heart, that I may love you above all things, and my neighbors as myself. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Most Gracious Heavenly Father, if as Watchman Nee has written, "You have indeed chosen this world to be the arena for Your plan, the center of what You have set Yourself to do," then help me to trust You completely. ... Help me to remember that moral excellence, like a good painting, begins by drawing a guideline; and remind me that You have already drawn that line! You have set limits for mankind's conduct, and for mine. ... Help me to see that it is only when I try to live within Your parameters that I can enjoy my greatest fulfillment and worth. ... Help us as a nation, as a church, and as individuals to try to see things from Your point of view, lest by insisting on our own "guide-lines," we bring on our downfall. ... Help us to wake up before we are overwhelmed by our mistakes.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.
© 2003 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace: where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; and where there is sadness, joy. O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console; to be understood, as to understand; to be loved, as to love. For it is in giving that we receive, it is in pardoning that we are pardoned, and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. Amen.

A Channel for Your Word

Romans 15:14-21

Dear Father,

I pray that I may be full of goodness, filled with all knowledge, and able to instruct others who want to know about your salvation.

Give me a share in the priestly service of your Good News to the world. May I as a believer make (and be!) an acceptable offering, sanctified by your Holy Spirit.

Help me to make it my ambition to speak of Jesus Christ everywhere to everyone. Let me love your word so much that I will either go or help others go to places where it has not yet been proclaimed.

In the name of Jesus. Amen.

“A Prayer For Standing Firm In God’s Truth”

Father, I pray for a discerning spirit to help me recognize truth from falsehood. Help me to know when others are lying and help me also to recognize the lies I tell myself. You always speak the truth and You declare that which is right from that which is wrong. When the world describes a lifestyle or belief system to be good when You declare it to be evil, help me to stand firm upon Your holy truths as I faithfully read them in the Scriptures. Give me bold conviction to stand firm for truth even when it seems as though no one stands with me. The “truths” as purported by this world shift like the changing winds but Your Truth stands for all eternity! I stand firm as I tighten the belt of truth about me. And I protect my heart and mind with the shield of righteousness through Christ Jesus my Lord in whose name I pray. Amen.

Fear not, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom. Luke 12:32, RSV

Lord our God, we come to you as a little flock, asking you to accept us and keep us as your own, whom you will redeem in your time. Protect us always so that we remain strong in faith. Strengthen us in the faith that you are with us, helping us. Grant that your people may come to the light, to the honor of your name. So we entrust ourselves to your hands this night. Be with us, Lord our God, through your Spirit. Amen.

Dear Lord, please help me understand that failure is not doing something wrong but not trying again.

Father as we come to you in prayer today, we give you praise once again for your word of comfort. So often we go through the day filled with anxiety and pain. We carry our burdens around with us, and they consume us. We are filled with fear and uncertainty, and are searching for answers that never come. Will you lead us today to a place of rest and comfort? Will you forgive us and teach us how to listen with our heart to your word of truth?

Dear Father, thank you for giving us such good advice in the Bible. Give us the grace to heed it. Lord, help me to do a good job at each task that is before me. I want the works of my hands to glorify You. Lord, I ask You to keep Your hand of protection on me and my family and my loved ones. I pray for all who read this devotional that You will also protect and guide them. Reveal Yourself to them in a deeper way. Touch and heal them and bless each of them this very day. Give us all the grace to overcome the things in our lives that are not pleasing to You. You are so good to us, Lord. I am very thankful for all You are doing in my life and the wonderful work You are doing in the lives of Your people all over the world. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Old 03-05-2014, 01:14 PM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 6

Prayer for the Morning (written by Metropolitan Philaret)

Lord, give me the strength to greet the coming day in peace. Help me in all things to rely on Your holy will. Reveal Your will to me every hour of the day. Bless my dealings with all people. Teach me to treat all people who come to me throughout the day with peace of soul and with firm conviction that Your will governs all. In all my deeds and words guide my thoughts and feelings. In unexpected events, let me not forget that all are sent by you.

Teach me to act firmly and wisely, without embittering and embarrassing others. Give me the physical strength to bear the labors of this day. Direct my will, teach me to pray, pray in me. Amen.

Freedom from Depression and Fear

O Christ Jesus, when all is darkness and I feel my weakness and helplessness, give me the sense of Your presence, Your love, and Your strength. Help me to have perfect trust in Your protecting love and strengthening power, so that nothing may frighten or worry me, for, living close to You, I shall see Your hand, Your purpose, Your will through all things. Amen.

~ (Saint) Ignatius of Loyola (1537)

And now let me go forth praising you, O Lord, with all my heart, telling of all your wonders, with my words and in my actions. I will be glad and rejoice in you this day. I will sing praise to your name, O Most High. Amen.

As the deer pants for water, so I long for you, O God. I thirst for you, the living God. In the name of Jesus, I resist discouragement because I expect you to act! For I know that I shall again have plenty of reason to praise you for all that you will do. You are my help! You are my God! I place my trust in you, and I shall again praise you for your wondrous help; you make me smile again, for you are my God. Amen and Amen.

Lord God, I pray that I may be fair, and not pass judgment on those whom I like or those whom I dislike, and so bring unhappy regrets. May I remember that, though hasty judgment often may be temporary, the gain or loss of a friend may be permanent. Amen.

Lord our God, you are our help and our comfort. We look to you and to your promises. Grant that we may remain full of courage, also in our personal concerns, so that we do not complain like fretful children, but cheerfully wait for your great victory on earth. May we become your people. Grant your Spirit to your people, not only to a few but eventually to many. Lord our God, we pray that your will may be done on earth among the nations; may your will be done on earth as it is done in heaven. Amen.

Dear Lord, thank you for this day. Please give me the strength to move in the direction I need to go. Help me realize that if I just stay were I am I will get no where.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:45 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 7

Prayer to Dedicate This Day to God

Holy God, as I face another day, I know I am going to face many challenges: to my faith, to my patience, to my love for others. I am going to have constant temptations to lapse into sin. Come to me now, Lord, and stay with me all day. Let your Spirit encompass my mind. Let me know your presence. Steer my hand, direct my words, guide my thoughts in everything I think and say and do. I resolve to live this day as a beacon of your glory, the best I can, with your help. I commit myself to give this day to you. In the name of Christ, be with me and help me. Amen.

Meditation

[What challenges to my love for other will I face during the day?]

Prayer of Clement of Rome

You, Lord, through your works have revealed the everlasting structure of the world. You, Lord, created the earth. You are faithful throughout all generations, righteous in your judgments, marvelous in strength and majesty, wise in creating and prudent in establishing what exists, good in all that is observed and faithful to those who trust in you, merciful and compassionate; forgive me my sins and my injustices, my transgressions and my shortcomings.

Do not take into account every sin of your servant, but cleanse me with the cleansing of your truth, and direct my steps to walk in holiness and righteousness and purity of heart, and to do what is good and pleasing in your sight and in the sight of my rulers. Yes, Lord, let your face shine upon all your servants in peace for our good, that we may be sheltered by your mighty hand and delivered from every sin by your uplifted arm; deliver us as well from those who hate us unjustly.

Give harmony and peace to me and to all who dwell on the earth, just as you did to our fathers when they reverently called upon you in faith and trust, that we may be saved, while we render obedience to your almighty and most excellent name, and give harmony and peace to our rulers and governors on earth. Amen.

Translated from a letter, 96 A.D.

Now all glory to you, mighty God, who is able to keep me from falling away and will bring me with great joy into your glorious presence without a single fault. All glory to you who alone are God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord. All glory, majesty, power, and authority are yours before all time, and in the present, and beyond all time, Amen.

Father, the love you define in 1 Corinthians 13 is my greatest aim, and I ask also for the special abilities the Holy Spirit gives. I believe on the name of your Son Jesus Christ, and I am able to love others just as I love myself because you first loved me. God, you are love, and when I live in love, I am living with you and you live in me. As I live with Christ, my love grows more perfect and complete. Thank you for loving me, in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Dear Lord, remind me that "man is born broken; he lives by mending, and the grace of God is the glue."* Oh Lord, how often I have needed Your mending when I have been battered and bruised by life's daily trials. ... How often I have felt beaten down by ridicule, broken dreams, physical illness, or unfair circumstances beyond my control. ... Yet through it all, You were there, faithful to Your promises when I turned to You. ... It was then that I found that Your grace is indeed sufficient and able to mend my brokenness. ... Thank You, Lord, for being there for me. In my weakness, I am beginning to discover Your strength! Steady me, for I sometimes forget.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

* Eugene O'Neill

Lord God, I beseech thee to give me the strength which endures. Grant that I may have the ceaseless content which is secured by choosing and continuing in the right way. From the wealth of each day renew my hope, and quiet my soul with the calm of thy peace. Amen.

Dear Father in heaven, we are your children, and we look to you and to your help at every turn of our lives. Remember us, especially when we want to serve you. Stay with us with your Spirit so that everything may work out to further your kingdom and the victory of Jesus Christ, which is to be proclaimed on earth. Through his victory all men shall find in him their Savior and look to you, our Father in heaven. Yes, Father in heaven, have mercy on the world, on the many who are unfortunate and who suffer from the widespread evil around them. Remember them. Have mercy on us through the strong and mighty Lord, Jesus Christ. Amen.

Dear Father, thank you for all that You have done for me. Lord, I ask You to forgive me for failing You. Lord, I want my words to be like Your Words. Lord, You never speak any unkind thing. You are gentle and loving. Your Words are always the truth. We can depend on You and trust that what You said is the truth. You never lie. Lord, may I be good for my word. Help me not to give it lightly, and when I do tell someone I will do something, remind me if I fail to keep my word so I can make it right. Help me to be a witness for You as one that keeps their word even as You do. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:19 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 8

For the Day's Work

O God, who orders all things in heaven and earth: Help me to go about the tasks and duties of this day with the remembrance that I am your servant therein. Make me honest, painstaking, and cheerful, and grant that all I do and say may bring good to others and glory to your Holy Name; through Jesus Christ, our Lord, Amen.

Meditation

[I am God's cheerful servant.]

Prayer to Treat Others with Courage and Grace

Lord, this day and forever, may I have the courage never to be afraid of anyone. May I have the generosity to bear ill-feeling toward no-one. Lead me to live in such a way as to treat others in the same way as I would like to be treated. Inspire me never to be violent in thought, word or action, and lead me to conquer evil with goodness. Amen.

Father, in the name of Jesus, I pray that I will have favor with you and man, and a reputation for good judgment and common sense. In everything I do, I put you first, and you will direct me and crown my efforts with success. I trust and reverence you LORD, and turn my back on evil. When I do this, you give renewed health and vitality to me. I honor you Lord by giving you the first part of all my income, in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Dear Lord, I ask for strength, and You give me difficulties that require strength. I pray for courage, and You give me dangers to overcome. I ask for favors, and You give me opportunities. I pray for patience, and You lead me into a traffic tie-up, but You never forsake me. Your love surrounds me, and You give me both encouragement and hope. ... Help me to remember times in the past when You have stood by me, comforted me, strengthened me, healed me, and blessed me. Thank You, Lord, and help me to be a blessing to others, that they may want to know You.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

Eternal God, teach me the way of a complete and unbroken trust. In my disappointments, and in my devotions, may my faith and hope be as immortal as my soul. May I listen for thy voice and answer thy call. Amen.

Blessings of the Faithful

Romans 16:1-27

Dear Father, my strength,

I bless you for the multitudes of believing people who have gone before me, for those named in the Bible whose examples of love and loyalty to you I would like to imitate.

Help me to be a helper, to work hard and to be approved like they were. Never let me be among those who create dissensions and difficulties, in opposition to the doctrine of your word.

Help me be wise about what is good and guileless about what is evil, that through you Satan can be crushed under my feet.

Let the grace of the Lord Jesus be with me.

O God, be my strength! To you, the only wise God, be glory forevermore.

In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Dear Father, please hear my prayer. I look inspiration, but can only find despair. Please guide me so I can see the good in all things.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:59 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 9

For the Spirit of Prayer

Almighty God, who pours out the spirit of grace and of supplication to all who ask for it; Deliver me, when I draw near to you, from coldness of heart and wanderings of mind, so that with steadfast thoughts and kindled affections, I may worship You in spirit and in truth; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Confession of Sins, with a Prayer for Contrition and Pardon.

Most merciful God, whose eyes are too pure to behold iniquity, and who has promised forgiveness to all those who confess and forsake their sins; I come before you in a humble sense of my own unworthiness, confessing my many transgressions of your righteous laws. [* Here make a short pause, to remember and confess the sins and failings of the past week.] But, O gracious Father, who desires not the death of a sinner, look upon me, I beseech you, in mercy, and forgive me for all my transgressions. Make me deeply sensible of the great evil of them; and work in me a hearty repentance; that I may obtain forgiveness at your hands, who is ever ready to receive humble and penitent sinners; for the sake of your Son Jesus Christ, my only Saviour and Redeemer. Amen.

May the Passion of Christ be ever in my heart. May your law and your goodness guide my every thought, O Lord. And may the power of your Holy Spirit flow through my words and my actions in the coming week, and always. Amen.

Most Holy GOD, thank you! Everything in me says “Thank you!” Thank you for your love, thank you for your faithfulness. Most holy is your name, most holy is your Word. The moment I called out, you stepped in, and you made my life large with strength. You began a good work in me, and I thank you for helping me grow in grace until your task within me is finally finished on that day when Jesus Christ returns. Your Word equips me for every good work–to do good to everyone, in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Dear Lord, a bird does not sing because it has the answer, a bird sings because it has a song! Do I have a song? Have I made You the Lord of my life? Is loving You, seeking Your will and being obedient to it, my song? Help it to be, and help me to sing it each day for Your glory!

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

Lord God, Creator of light, at the rising of your sun each morning let the greatest of all lights - your love - rise, like the sun, within my heart.

No Lack in God

1 Corinthians 1:4-9

Dear Father, my faithful God,

Thank you now and forevermore for the grace which you gave in Christ Jesus. In every way you have enriched me in all speech and all knowledge - even as the testimony of Christ has been confirmed before my eyes - so that I am not lacking in any spiritual gift, as I, along with all my brethren, wait for the revealing of our Lord Jesus Christ.

You are my faithful God. It is you who have called me into fellowship with your Son, Jesus Christ, our Lord.

I have confidence that you will sustain me to the very end and present me guiltless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

I put my trust wholly in you, my holy God, for you are wholly trustworthy.

In the name of Jesus, who was faithful to you and is always faithful to me. Amen.

Dear Lord, please grant me the wisdom to understand that I do make a difference in the world.
Old 03-09-2014, 12:56 PM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 10

To you, O Lord, I pray. My enemies will not triumph over me, and I will never be disgraced for trusting you. Show me the path where I should go, point out the right road for me to walk. Lead and teach me for you are the God who gives me salvation. Thank you for seeing me through eyes of everlasting love and kindness. Let integrity and uprightness preserve me, in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Dear Lord, remind me that my prayer-line to You is a two-way one. It is not just for me to call You in a crisis situation, it is also for You to call me! ... How can I know Your will for me if I am never "at home," quiet enough, to receive Your calls? ... Am I so preoccupied with my worldly cares that I don't hear and recognize Your voice? Do I not take time to be still and to wait upon You, Lord? ... Remind me that You don't just call on Sundays "when the rates are less;" You want to be able to reach me any time and any place, when You might need me, or when You know that I need You. ... My life could be so much richer and fuller, so much more worthwhile if I talked with You every day! ... Help me to see this, Lord. It's my call, isn't it?

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

My Father, I pray that thou wilt take care of my thoughts when I am alone and tired, and keep them strong and clean. Grant that while I commune with thee I may yield to my needs and be restored with keener energy for worthier deeds. May I ask of thy wisdom every day. Amen.

Lord our God, light of the world and light of our human life, we thank you for sending your Word into our hearts. Your Word works within us and allows us to rejoice. Even if we often experience hard and bitter times here on earth, we can rejoice already, as the world shall rejoice when your will and your Word are fulfilled. Protect us, and keep us pure and free in spirit, that we may be your servants, that we may sometimes be allowed to say a little word in harmony with the great, powerful Word which you have sent into the world. Amen.

Dear Lord, thank you for this day. Please help me as I face a week of pressures and anxiety. Grant me peace so I may get through with a calm heart and level head.

Dear Father, thank you for this day. I find that many of my days are challenging in dealing with certain people in my life. Help me to always be kind and gentle, and not respond in the wrong way to people who say things that bother me. Help me to have Your compassion for them and pray for them instead of criticizing them. Also, Lord, I find that many times, I try to justify my position in situations that would be better if I just let You defend me. Help me guard my tongue. Use my words to be a blessing to others. Help me overcome all temptation to speak evil of anyone. Especially help me to be kind to those in my family and workplace so that we may all work in in peace and harmony. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Prayer for Divine Guidance
Psalms 51
Open my lips, O Lord,
and my mouth shall proclaim your praise.

Create in me a clean heart, O God,
and renew a right spirit within me.

Cast me not away from your presence
and take not your holy Spirit from me.

Give me the joy of your saving help again
and sustain me with your bountiful Spirit.

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit:
as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be for ever. Amen.

Lord God, almighty and everlasting Father, you have brought
us in safety to this new day: Preserve us with your mighty
power, that we may not fall into sin, nor be overcome by
adversity; and in all we do, direct us to the fulfilling of your
purpose; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:46 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 11

Prayer for Personal Conduct (from 1 Timothy)

Lord God, I pray that this day my conduct will be like that you have set for your clergy: Above reproach. May I be this day temperate, sensible, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, not given to drunkenness, and not violent, but gentle. May I never be quarrelsome, always seeking peace even in disagreement, and may my love be for you and my fellow man, not for money. I pray that I manage my own household well. If I have any children in my charge, I pray to that I may take the time to see that they are in control and behaving with proper respect. Grant me a good reputation with outsiders, so that I will not fall into disgrace and the snare of the devil. This I pray through my Lord Christ, whose love and attention ever gave us an example of conduct, Amen.

Meditation

[May I not be violent.]

For Protection of Body and Soul

Heavenly Father, I give you thanks for the protection you give me. You protect my body from the mighty forces of the universe that would kill me in an instant, with your good earth you have freely given me. You sustain my life with air, food, water, the shining sun and the gentle rain, the rich earth that grows my food. You protect my body from disease and trauma by the miracle of healing and the wonders of science.

Most of all, I thank you for preserving me from evil, the preservation of my soul; for the enemies of my soul abound on this earth, and often, I would do the damage myself. I pray that I have wisdom sufficient to allow you to do your will, and enter me, and protect my soul from dangers within and without by your infinite power. Let me put on your armor every day, and with your help and the forgiving grace of my savior, Jesus Christ, be kept pure, so that I may one day come before you in perfect joy.

In the name of the same Jesus Christ, I pray, Amen.

Oh God, hold me in the palm of your hand. I pray that you will mold me into what you want me to be. May I joyfully fill the role you have given to me and feel your peace deep in my soul, today and always, Amen.

I shall pass through this world but once. Therefore, any good that I can do, any kind act that I can perform for any fellow-creature, let me do it now. Let me not delay or omit it, for I shall not pass this way again.

“A Prayer For A Spiritual Mind”

Father, we want to be a people whose hearts and minds are One with Yours. Through our diligent study and application of Your Living Word our thoughts and attitudes are formed. Keep us faithful to the Truth of Your knowledge. We stand in firm opposition to the world’s substitutes; the acceptance, condoning, and celebration of anything You describe as sin. The world may dress it up, commercialize it, make it appealing, and cover up the disastrous results it brings on the individual, his or her family and society at large. Help us to read, retain, and regard Your knowledge as our pattern for life. In the name of Jesus. Amen.

Dear Father in heaven, grant that we may share in the community of your Holy Spirit. In community with you our earthly troubles fall away and we remain in your peace in spite of all our failures and shortcomings, in spite of all the toil we must gladly take upon ourselves. Watch over us. Keep our hearts unshaken, clear, and steady. Keep us in the certainty that your kingdom is coming, is already beginning and can be plainly seen, so that all men can receive the good you have planned for them. Be with us this night. Amen.

Dear Lord, I thank you for all you have done. I feel sometimes as if I ask to much. Today I just want to say thank you.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:08 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 12

Prayer To Do God's Will Today

Thy will be done. Dear God, I am full of the sound of my own voice, that lump of pride deep within me that will not go away, no matter how I try. Give me the strength through the power of your Holy Spirit to hear your voice and follow it, fighting the temptation to sin that bubbles up inside me whenever my mind strays from you.

Thy will be done. Thy will be done. Thy will be done.

You have commanded us to love one another, this I know without doubt. And yet all day I am filled with judgments, with resentments, with anger that sneaks in and grabs me when I am not paying attention to you. I pray dear God, that you will soften my heart to my fellow humans, no matter how sinfully they may act, and leave the judging to you, as you have commanded. Fill me with acceptance in place of judgment, sympathy in place of anger, faith in place of resentment. For my judgments and anger are the creatures of pride.

May I do thy will this day, in the name of Christ I pray. Amen.

Prayer to Receive God's True Word

Holy Lord, who has given me the facility to hear and understand, let me receive your Word with an open mind and clear eye. Whenever I read your Scripture, let your Holy Spirit guide me to the truth, setting aside my preconception and self-justification.

I pray to hear what you intend for me to hear. Lead me to remember that, where we disagree, You are right and I am wrong. And help me always to an attitude of humility in my study, keeping in mind always to use your Word as a guide that will lead me on the path to salvation, never as a tool to justify my faulty and selfish thought; for I am justified by faith. Amen.

Now all glory to God, who is able to keep me from falling away and will bring me with great joy into his glorious presence without a single fault. All glory to him who alone is God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord. All glory, majesty, power, and authority are his before all time, and in the present, and beyond all time, Amen.

Father, how much you have loved us! Thank you for loving the world so much that you gave your only Son so that anyone who believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. You sent Jesus to save us, and we pray for those who are unsaved believing that when they hear Truth, they will gladly come to the Light, call upon the Name of the Lord, and be saved. In the name of Jesus, we thank you forthe salvation of our families and friends. Nations shall fall down and worship the King of kings and the Lord of lords. Amen.

My Father, I would remember that my life may decline from the neglect of small things; for as thou dost nourish the wheat from flakes of snow, and supply the springs from drops of rain, so thou wilt strengthen my soul from every little blessing. I pray that I may not forget to watch my habits, and keep track of the hours that culture and sustain my life. Amen.

God our Father, you call each of us by name and you know the innermost thoughts that we keep to ourselves. Stay with us, day by day, in good times and in bad. Empower us with your Spirit that we may grow in character and develop a true sense of values and ideals through following Jesus, your Son and our Brother. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you, Lord for being so loving and kind to us. You are full of mercy and want so much to bless each of us who are called by Your name. Forgive us for the times we have failed to be the "Good Samaritan." We know that we have walked on the other side of the road, as we were selfish and simply did not want to get involved in helping others. Help me to use whatever talents and abilities that I have to be a good and faithful servant in my job, at home and whatever situation I may find myself in. Help me to treat others as I would want to be treated. Lord, give my physical body the energy and strength for the daily tasks before me. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Prayer of Thanksgiving
Vienna Cobb Anderson
God of all blessings,
source of all life,
giver of all grace:

We thank you for the gift of life:
for the breath
that sustains life,
for the food of this earth
that nurtures life,
for the love of family and friends
without which there would be no life.

We thank you for the mystery of creation:
for the beauty
that the eye can see,
for the joy
that the ear may hear,
for the unknown
that we cannot behold filling the universe with wonder,
for the expanse of space
that draws us beyond the definitions of our selves.

We thank you for setting us in communities:
for families
who nurture our becoming,
for friends
who love us by choice,
for companions at work,
who share our burdens and daily tasks,
for strangers
who welcome us into their midst,
for people from other lands
who call us to grow in understanding,
for children
who lighten our moments with delight,
for the unborn,
who offer us hope for the future.

We thank you for this day:
for life
and one more day to love,
for opportunity
and one more day to work for justice and peace,
for neighbors
and one more person to love
and by whom be loved,
for your grace
and one more experience of your presence,
for your promise:
to be with us,
to be our God,
and to give salvation.

For these, and all blessings,
we give you thanks, eternal, loving God,
through Jesus Christ we pray. Amen.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:17 PM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 13

Prayer for the Rich and Famous

Heavenly Father, I pray especially today for those who have great wealth, for those who hold great power; for the rich, the famous, the beautiful, the talented, the intelligent: for all who have been given an unusual abundance of earthly gifts and enjoy the accolades of their fellow man. Guide them in the use of their gifts, O Lord, but especially, have mercy on them, for with great blessings come great temptation to pride.

I pray especially for those who are so blinded by earthly gifts that they deny Your name, or if they believe, are blinded to their sin by their earthly glory and cannot find their way to the light. Grant them the blessing of your Holy Spirit, and lead them to salvation. Let me always forgive them when their pride or privilege irritates my own pride; give me understanding and not judgment; lead me to love them as you have taught us to love all men. For judgment is yours alone, and they deserve your mercy no less than I. In Christ's name, I pray, Amen.

Let me not forget my prayers as I go out into the world. Holy Spirit, be with me, and let me praise you and remember you in my every action and thought, for the entire day long. In Christ's name I ask this, Amen.

In the name of Jesus, I pray for the Body of Christ. May our love flourish and I pray that we will love others appropriately. Help us to love one another sincerely and intelligently. May we live the life of a lover, circumspect and exemplary, a life Jesus will be proud of; bountiful in fruits from the soul, making Jesus Christ attractive to all, getting everyone involved in the glory and praise of God. Amen.

Dear Lord, as flowers lie dormant awaiting the warmth of Your sun, help me to realize that for too long my life has been dormant, awaiting my surrender to You. ... "I believe, help Thou my unbelief." Take away the last shreds of doubt that keep me from total commitment, that I too may experience a springtime in my soul. Help me, Lord.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

Lord, inspire us to act justly, love tenderly, and walk humbly with you, our God. Breathe upon us your Spirit of peace that we may be bearers of reconciliation wherever you place us. May there be peace in our hearts, in our homes, in our land, and between all people. Amen.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. Matthew 5:6, NIV

Dear Father in heaven, may our hearts find words to praise you together, to ask you with one accord that we may be brought into community with you. We come to you with our whole selves, with all that we have experienced, with all that has been given to us through your leading. For to this day you have shown us the way, guiding us through right and wrong, through the perfect and the imperfect. You have led us all to know that we belong to you. We are yours. You are working in us to bring about what you have in mind for each one of us and for the many, many who hunger and thirst for justice and truth. Be with us through your Spirit. Touch us through the hand of Jesus Christ. He is our Savior, and we hold fast to him so that we can praise you in his name. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for the many things You have delivered me from. I am very grateful that I am free of those things that were destroying me. Father, help me to be patient with those around me that are struggling with their sins. Remind me to pray for them and help me not to talk about them in the wrong way. Lord, I do need Your counsel also, as I have many decisions to make and I do not want to make the wrong ones. Help me to recognize and appreciate godly advice that comes from others. I humble myself and ask that You lead me in all of Your ways. I pray for my brothers and sisters, as well. May we all submit to Your will in all things. I ask this in Jesus' name. Amen.
Old 03-13-2014, 12:41 PM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 14

Morning Prayer of George Washington

Almighty God, and most merciful father, who commanded the children of Israel to offer a daily sacrifice to thee, that thereby they might glorify and praise thee for thy protection both night and day; receive, O Lord, my morning sacrifice which I now offer up to thee. I yield thee humble and hearty thanks that thou has preserved me from the danger of the night past, and brought me to the light of the day, and the comforts thereof, a day which is consecrated to thine own service and for thine own honor.

Let my heart, therefore, Gracious God, be so affected with the glory and majesty of it, that I may not do my own works, but wait on thee, and discharge those weighty duties thou require of me.

And since thou art a God of pure eyes, and will be sanctified in all who draw near to thee, who does not regard the sacrifice of fools, nor hear sinners who tread in thy courts: Pardon, I beseech thee, my sins, remove them from thy presence, as far as the east is from the west, and accept of me for the merits of thy son Jesus Christ, that when I come into thy temple, and compass thine altar, my prayers may come before thee as incense.

And as thou would hear me calling upon thee in my prayers, so give me grace to hear thee calling on me in thy word, that it may be wisdom, righteousness, reconciliation and peace to the saving of the soul in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Grant that I may hear it with reverence, receive it with meekness, mingle it with faith, and that it may accomplish in me, Gracious God, the good work for which thou have sent it.

Bless my family, kindred, friends and country, be our God & guide this day and for ever for his sake, who lay down in the Grave and arose again for us, Jesus Christ our Lord,
Amen.

from the Journal of George Washington
Meditation

[Give me grace to hear your call in your Word.]

For Open Eyes

Lord Jesus, light of the world, open my eyes to notice the magnificence of creation. Open my eyes that I may always value and appreciate all who are part of my life. Open my eyes that I may be quick to notice when people are going through difficulties. Open my eyes so that I share your vision and see truly and deeply, outside of myself. Amen.

Now to him who by his power within us is able to do far more than we ever dare to ask or imagine — to him be glory in the Church through Jesus Christ for ever and ever, Amen.

Dear Lord, it's spring! Your glory is everywhere! The blooms of bulbs long dormant, the songs of returning birds, the caressing warmth of the sun, all of these prove once again that You are trustworthy, that You were there even when everything was cold, dark and silent. You were there, planning greater beauty for us than we had dared to dream. ... When things are at an impasse, help me to realize that "spring" will return to my life, and that You have more gifts in store for me, greater things for me to do. Help me to trust You while I wait, Lord, and while waiting, let me be content to share another's joy.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

Father, thank you for working within me, giving me an obedient heart, for helping me do what you want. In everything I do, I purpose to stay away from complaining and arguing. I will live a clean, innocent life as a child of God in a dark world. May my life shine out among the inhabitants of this world like a beacon light as I hold out to them the Word of Life. I offer this prayer in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Father, preserve in us a sense of wonder at the marvels of life. May all that we see around us lead us to you. Amen

Dear Father in heaven, our refuge for this day and for each day to come, touch us with the finger of your power. Be our protection and strong defense against all attacks of darkness. Where people look to you out of the darkness, let their eyes grow shining bright with the light from your eyes. Let your light shine within us and around us. Let your light bring your cause to victory, to the final great day of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Dealing With Debt

Lord, I need help. My debt is mounting higher and higher; it’s getting out of control. Please show me creative ways to pay it off, and help me to save and spend with wisdom. I ask for the resources to pay down my credit cards, loans, and other debts. Show me where I can cut back on spending so I will have more funds available. Lord, please clean up this mess I’ve created. Reveal to me ways I can learn from this and begin again.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:48 PM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 15

Prayer for the Morning

Heavenly Lord, you have brought me to the beginning of a new day. As the world is renewed fresh and clean, so I ask you to renew my heart with your strength and purpose. Forgive me the errors of yesterday and bless me to walk closer in your way today. This is the day I begin my life anew; shine through me so that every person I meet may feel your presence in my soul. Take my hand, precious Lord, for I cannot make it by myself. Through Christ I pray and live, Amen.

Meditation

[“You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.”]

For Faith

Most High, Glorious God, enlighten the darkness of my mind. Give me a right faith, a firm hope and a perfect charity, so that I may always and in all things act according to Your Holy Will. Amen.

Father, your Spirit lives in me, and I am swift to hear. I have learned it’s more important to listen than to be heard. I purpose to be slow to speak, and choose the words I speak with grace. I am slow to become angry. May my recreated human spirit, under the control of the Holy Spirit bear fruit — joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness and temperance, in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Dear Lord, as I find myself living in the rapidly changing and fast-paced society of today, one in which misinformation and temptations to follow "other gods" are rampant, help me to see it all as a test of my own Christian beliefs and of the truth of Your Word. ... Through all the darkness and uncertainty of today, let me live as though all were light! Surely that will be my spirit's greatest test, won't it? ... Help me to remember to keep my eyes on You, for You have declared Yourself to be the LIGHT and the WAY; and while remembering, let me "count it all joy!" *

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

*(James 1:2)

May we learn to value and appreciate one another, bringing out the best in those around us. May what is not good die within us, and may we bring life to all we meet. Amen.

No Room for Boasting

1 Corinthians 1:26-31

Dear Father, you of whom we boast,

Why have you chosen the weak, the foolish, the despised? You have done this so that no human being can boast. And we do not! We cast our lives at your feet. You alone are worthy!

You are the source of our lives in Christ Jesus, whom you made to be everything to us. He is our wisdom and our righteousness. He is our sanctification and our redemption.

Therefore, as it is written, "Let him who boasts, boast of the Lord" - and we do!

In the name of Jesus, by his wisdom and authority, I ask these things. Amen.

“A Prayer Of Thanks For Redemption”

Father, in Your compassion You crush our sins under Your feet and throw them in the depths of the ocean, to be remembered no more. And yet there are times when we have great difficulty letting go of past sins to the extent of dwelling on them and getting weighed down by guilt and self-condemnation. Help us to let go of that which You have forgiven. If we are to remember anything of our past, let it be that which brings glory to You as we share with others that which You have forgiven and delivered us from. May the contrast of our former lives not bring up condemnation which You have freed us from, but instead provide witness that there is nothing beyond Your merciful pardon. To God be the glory through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

What Need I Fear?

Alone with none but thee, my God,
I journey on my way.
What need I fear when thou art near,
Oh king of night and day?
More safe am I within thy hand
Than if a host did round me stand.

- St. Columba (521-597)

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for being so good to us. When I count my blessings they are many! Lord, as I daily seek You, may I always be willing to change those things that are not pleasing to You. I know if I surrender them to You, You will empower me to overcome the things that are not like You. Help all of us who are called by Your name so that we might reflect Your love to a world that needs You so much. Thank You for Your strength to carry out Your will daily. I thank You that You promised never to leave me, nor forsake me. I am not alone. I love You. I ask these things in the name of Jesus. Amen.
Post New ThreadReply