Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04-21-2017, 09:53 AM   #31
dwmoeller

[Jesus said], "I am the resurrection and the life." - John 11:25

Thought: Grim death gives way to Jesus.

Dave

dwmoeller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dwmoeller For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2017, 07:37 AM   #32
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 22

Proverbs 2:6 For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.

My times are in your hands; deliver me from the hands of my enemies, from those who pursue me. Psalm 31:15

Acts 3:19 — Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord...

Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. —1 Corinthians 15:58

Psalm 103:2 Praise the LORD, my soul, and forget not all his benefits—
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Old 04-23-2017, 09:19 AM   #33
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 23

1 John 3:18 Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.

Romans 12:2, ESV " Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect."

My heart is confident in you, O God; my heart is confident. No wonder I can sing your praises! - Psalm 57:7

Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God. Psalm 42:11

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen. —Philippians 4:23

"O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: because his mercy endureth for ever." Psalms 118:1

2 Timothy 1:7 For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.
Old 04-24-2017, 07:25 AM   #34
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 24

Psalm 18:30 As for God, his way is perfect: The Lord’s word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him.

Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. Matthew 6:19-20

Psalm 141:3, ESV "Set a guard, O LORD, over my mouth; keep watch over the door of my lips!"

Isaiah 38:17 (NIV) In Your love you kept me from the pit of destruction...

Thought: God will make a way. Follow Him.

Teach me, Lord, the way of your decrees, that I may follow it to the end. Give me understanding, so that I may keep your law and obey it with all my heart. – Psalm 119:33-34

Today’s Scripture: Philippians 1:6 (NLT): And I am sure that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on that day when Christ Jesus comes back again.

Today’s Thought: God knows the beginning from the end. He also has a wonderful plan for each one of us. Be encouraged & know that He will finish what He started in you!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for always meeting my needs. I ask that You help me trust You, completely. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

"It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man." Psalms 118:8
Old 04-25-2017, 07:35 AM   #36
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 25

"Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up." James 4:10

"Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:39

"...If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you." Matthew 17:20

Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him. James 1:12

Psalm 18:30 As for God, his way is perfect: The Lord’s word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him.

My mouth is filled with your praise, declaring your splendor all day long. Psalm 71:8

Luke 9:61, NLT "Yes Lord, I will follow you."

Isaiah 38:17b (NIV) ...You have put all my sins behind your back.

Thought: Let it go. Forgive yourself. God did.

The LORD has made the heavens his throne; from there he rules over everything. - Psalm 103:19

You may say to yourself, “My power and the strength of my hands have produced this wealth for me.” But remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your ancestors, as it is today. – Deuteronomy 8:17-18

I lift up my eyes to the hills — where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. —Psalm 121:1-2

The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe. — Proverbs 18:10
Old 04-26-2017, 08:40 AM   #38
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 26

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

1 Corinthians 2:9 However, as it is written: “What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived” - the things God has prepared for those who love him

"Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved." Psalms 55:22

Romans 8:2 (NIV) Through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.

Thought: You're not who you used to be.

Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep his promise. - Hebrews 10:23

Bless the Lord. O my soul, and forget not all His benefits. Psalms 103:2

Ephesians 6:10, KJV "Be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might."

Today’s Scripture: Philippians 1:11 (NLT): May you always be filled with the fruit of your salvation -those good things that are produced in your life by Jesus Christ-for this will bring much glory and praise to God.

Today’s Thought: Once you give your heart to Jesus people should be able to tell that something is different about you. Why? Because Jesus changes everything! Today let’s try to let our light shine bright!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that my life always shine bright for You. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

He will not let your foot slip — he who watches over you will not slumber... —Psalm 121:3
Old 04-26-2017, 09:55 AM   #39
dwmoeller

He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire, He set my feet on a rock and gave me a fir place to stand. - Psalm 40:2

Thought: That is exactly what God (my Higher Power) did for me. When you get that sinking feeling, stand firm on Christ.

Dave

dwmoeller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dwmoeller For Sharing:
Old 04-27-2017, 07:35 AM   #40
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 27

Psalm 143:10 Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground.

Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. Colossians 3:13

1 Corinthians 16:14 "Let everything you do be done in love [motivated and inspired by God’s love for us]."

And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God's love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow - not even the powers of hell can separate us from God's love. - Romans 8:38

I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Psalm 27:13

The LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore. —Psalm 121:8

Philippians 4:10-13 I rejoiced greatly in the Lord that at last you renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you were concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

Jonah 2:6 To the roots of the mountains I sank down; the earth beneath barred me in forever. But you, LORD my God, brought my life up from the pit.
Old 04-28-2017, 07:26 AM   #42
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 28

Philippians 4:12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.

Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

2 Corinthians 13:5b "Do you not realize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?"

You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. Psalm 16:11

Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous. Be strong. - 1 Corinthians 16:13

Philippians 2:14-15 — Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, "children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation." Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky...

Romans 12:3-8 For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you. For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.

Psalm 118:6 The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?
Old 04-29-2017, 07:50 AM   #44
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 29

Ephesians 2:10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

"Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;" Ephesians 5:20

Walk in obedience to all that the Lord your God has commanded you, so that you may live and prosper and prolong your days in the land that you will possess. Deuteronomy 5:33

The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. Those who know your name trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you. Psalm 9:9–10

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16-17

Psalm 42:5 — Why, my soul, are you downcast?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him,
my Savior and my God.

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable — if anything is excellent or praiseworthy — think about such things. —Philippians 4:8

1 John 5:4 for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.
Old 04-30-2017, 09:14 AM   #45
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 30

Numbers 6:25, NLT "May the LORD smile on you and be gracious to you."

He withdrew about a stone’s throw beyond them, knelt down and prayed, “Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.” Luke 22:41-42

But I trust in your unfailing love.I will rejoice because you have rescued me. I will sing to the Lord because he is good to me. - Psalm 13:5-6

To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen. —Philippians 4:20

But they who wait for the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar up with wings as eagles. They will run, and not grow weary. They will walk, and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply