Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-28-2016, 08:30 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Be an Imitator of God

Today’s Scripture
“Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children. And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” (Ephesians 5:1–2, ESV)

Be an Imitator of God

Have you ever spent time with a small child or baby and had them mimic your every sound or action? To them it’s a fun game, but internally, they are learning by watching and copying everything you do. They just observe and do the same thing. That’s because we are all wired to be imitators.

Even as adults, just like little children, we are all still imitators. So many people today end up imitating what they see in the world, on TV, in the news and magazines. But scripture tells us that we are to be imitators of God and follow His example of love.

If you need to make a change in your life today, change what you are imitating. Change your focus. The more you focus on the Word, the more you will imitate God. When you do things God’s way, you will get God’s results—peace, joy and blessing all the days of your life!
A Prayer for Today
“Father, I choose to put You first in my life and imitate You. I set aside the things of the world and invite You to search my heart and mind. Give me Your heart of love and let me be an example of Your goodness in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Joel Osteen
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply