Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Recovery Readings
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Recovery Readings Start your day here with Daily Recovery Readings. Feel Free To Share Your Experience, Strength & Hope.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2023, 09:48 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Daily Practice - December

December 1

Practice of the Day-
BB pg 76-
Ch- Into Action:
If we can answer to our satisfaction, we then look at Step Six. We have emphasized willingness as being indispensable. Are we now ready to let God remove from us all the things which we have admitted are objectionable? Can He now take them all—every one? If we still cling to something we will not let go, we ask God to help us be willing.
When ready, we say something like this: “My Creator, I am now willing that you should have all of me, good and bad. I pray that you now remove from me every single defect of character which stands in the way of my usefulness to you and my fellows. Grant me strength, as I go from here, to do your bidding. Amen.”
We have then completed Step Seven.

-Tom- the Seventh Step prayer was the first prayer I could 100% pray Honestly because I am giving Him the good and the bad. For me that was Real Hope,
Also what I love about steps 6 and 7, there is no show going on, no audience, no one to impress, no one saying if they think I did it right or really meant it, it’s just me and My Creator sorting some Real **** out. Big boy and Big girl stuff.
The obsession to drink/drug is removed somewhere along the steps, guaranteed by the 12th. For me it happened after I completed the 7th step prayer.
I can ask myself “when was the last time I got down on my knees and communicated the 7th step prayer to my Higher Power?”
If the answer is, today, then Continue.
If the answer is not today, then stop right now and communicate it.
If the answer is, I am not there yet in the steps, then get there as fast as your Sponsor will allow.
I pray that today I Remember that my Sobriety is contingent on my Willingness to engage in my own Step Work
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply