Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Recovery Topics and Questions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Recovery Topics and Questions Post all recovery related topics and questions that you have here for discussion.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2014, 03:47 AM   #10
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Alkiespeak - Book - Quote

If I was at your house, I'd ask to use the bathroom and I'd go through the medicine cabinet and take whatever's there. I don't need to know what it is. Sometimes I'd be up for days, saying the same thing over and over, chewing my tongue. Other times I'd be falling down, bouncing off the walls. Sometimes I'd get real 'regular'. And I probably took enough pills out of those wheels that there's no chance I'm going to get pregnant this century.

- Bob D.

We can all see the humor in this and in the many things we did, but how much is their to laugh about in some of the combos we took?

Drank with a friend one night and couldn't figure out how come I was drunk after only five rye and coca-cola. I had forgot to factor in how many pills and what kind of pills I had ingested during the day.

Some people didn't eat until they were finished their run. Me I ate because to my way of thinking I could drink more or use more.

Which just adds to the picture, the substance isn't the problem, it is but a symptom of our dis-ease. The problem was me and my thinking.

How many times we justified our condition by the number of hours we had slept, by the state of our emotions, by our emotions or that of our husband/family and/or co-workers and friends. Always with the "...they made me do it, if it hadn't been for them, I was alright until they came along, didn't have a problem until they...."

Well I never had that reaction before. We start talking about mixing food like we mix drinks, looking for any out, any excuse to give us an out not wanting to take the responsibility for our actions. Use to blame the cigarettes, now I don't drink coffee or smoke the cigarettes.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply