Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-19-2017, 07:39 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Waiting Well

Waiting Well by Victoria Osteen

I remember not long ago when my daughter was applying for college. She applied to several schools and was so excited. She knew it would take a little while to get an answer, but it just seemed like it took much longer than expected. She would check online for an answer almost daily. With no response, she began to get discouraged during the waiting process.

Sometimes in life, we have to wait. We have to be careful not to allow the waiting to open the door to doubt and discouragement. We have to trust that God will get us to the right place at the right time.

After my daughter got accepted to the school she wanted to get into, then she waited to find out what sorority she would be in. Then she waited to find out where she would live. Now she's waiting until she gets her degree, and then she will wait to find out where she will work, who she will marry, and she will wait to have kids. She has a lot of waiting in front of her, and truthfully, we all do. Much of life is a waiting game. I look at her and her friends who were all doing the same thing and I think, "Did you even enjoy the last bit of high school?

Today, I want to encourage you, no matter what you are waiting for, learn to wait well. Instead of worrying, turn your focus to the Father. Let patience have its perfect work. Trust that He is ordering your steps.

Think about a butterfly coming out of its cocoon. It takes time, it takes effort, it takes difficulty to get out of that cocoon. But once it breaks out, it comes forth in such beauty. It's ready; it's poised to be able to fly. That's what happens to us when we wait well. We become strong and beautiful, ready to embrace all that God has for us.

"They that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength…" (Isaiah 40:31, KJV)
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply