Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-07-2014, 09:58 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 8

Into your hands, O Lord, Jesus Christ, my God, I commend my spirit. Bless me and all those who pray in faith of You this day; save us and grant unto us everlasting life. Amen.

Heavenly Father, I am not limited in doing what You have called me to do. Jesus, my Lord, said that everything is possible for him who believes. Lord, I believe; help my unbelief. The circumstances, finances, connections, the skilled people and the anointing needed to fulfill your will have already been provided. You have made every provision I will ever need. I affirm that no word from my Father is without power or impossible of fulfillment! I will stand and look to You for all my needs. Amen

Dear Lord, granted that Christians aren't perfect, but surely You want us to try each day to do something for You -- some good Samaritan deed. It need not take too much time or effort; it just takes an awareness, developing a sensitivity to another's needs! ... Lord, forgive me for too often being so engrossed in my own concerns, some of no real importance or urgency, that I forget to notice those around me. ... If all of us who call ourselves Christians would courteously hold a door, or lend a helping hand to a stranger, could it be that we might make our part of the world a better place in which to live? ... Help each of us, Lord, to realize that representing You and being Your "ambassador," is a full-time task.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.
© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Lord, God of peace, we thank you for the hopes, the efforts and the achievements which your Spirit of peace has inspired in our days - stirring up love where there was hate, sympathy where there was suspicion, care where there was indifference. Open our minds and our hearts even more to the specific demands which love for others makes upon us, so that we may be more truly makers of peace. Remember, God of mercies, those who are oppressed, those who are suffering and dying for the birth of a world in which all people will be more truly a single human family. May your kingdom come for all people of every race and language - your kingdom of justice, of peace, of love, and may all the earth be filled with your glory. We make our prayer through Jesus Christ, the Prince of Peace. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your promise of wisdom and guidance. Lord, help me to overcome my carnal desires and live to glorify and please You in all of my ways. Fill me with the Holy Spirit daily, so that I can walk in Your power to overcome those things that the devil uses to try and defeat me. Lord, cleanse my heart and mind of the things that do not agree with Your Word. Lord, bless Your people every where and meet their needs this day. Lord, bless each brother and sister in all the countries of the world. Meet their needs, as well as ours, so that we all can share the gospel with others who need You. I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

“A Prayer For The Lonely”

Father, thank You for the many Scriptures that reassure us we’re never alone, such as the oft quoted comfort Psalm, “Thou art with me”. It’s when we look solely to other people to cure our loneliness that we neglect the greatest cure which is looking to You and finding guidance and solace in Scripture and in prayer! Help us to hide deeply in our hearts the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, “Surely I am with you always” (Matthew 28:20). His promise that He will never leave us nor forsake us enables us to endure even in the loneliest of circumstances. We are encouraged and strengthened by Your promises and by the presence of Your Holy Spirit which keeps us from being alone for all time. Amen.

Dear Lord, thank you giving me the strength to face this day. I ask that you keep me from being caught up in the hidden dangers of the world and guide me so I make it home.

Prayer for Creative Work
Sophy Burnham
O most Glorious and Blessed God, I present myself and this work into Your hands. Do with it as You will. Guide my thoughts. Hold my hands, that You alone are writing (painting, carving) through me, producing whatever You wish me to say. And now, O my Beloved and my Joy, I prostrate myself into Your most loving embrace in thanks that You give me talent, inspiration, discipline to do Your work. Amen. So be it.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply