Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2014, 09:32 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 11

For the Spirit of Prayer

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, oh Lord. Let your Holy Spirit guide me in my prayer and in thought, and grant me the grace to listen and hear your Word. Soften my heart, that I may be directed by your truth, and not the devices of my body and mind. In the name of Christ I ask this, Amen.

Meditation

[Soften my heart.]

Prayer to the Holy Spirit to be with Me This Week

In utter humility, before the great multitude of heavenly witnesses, I come before you this morning, Eternal Spirit of God, to offer myself, my soul and body to you. I live in awe of your purity, your justice, and the power of your love. You are the strength and light of my soul, for without you I have neither life nor goodness. I desire never to grieve you by unfaithfulness, and I pray with all my heart to be kept from the smallest sin against you.

Mercifully guard my every thought; and grant that I may always watch for your light, and listen to your voice, and follow your gracious inspirations. Give me grace, O Holy Spirit, Spirit of the Father and the Son, to listen first for your voice in everything I may say or do, this day, during the week to come, and always, Amen.

For Forgiveness

Almighty Father; I enter your presence confessing the things I try to conceal from you and the things I try to conceal from others. I confess the heartbreak, worry, and sorrow I have caused, that make it difficult for others to forgive me, the times I have made it easy for others to do wrong, the harm I have done that makes it hard for me to forgive myself. Lord have mercy on me, and forgive for all my sins against you and against others, through the grace of my Lord, Jesus Christ, Amen.

The Almighty Lord, who is a strong tower to all those who put their trust in him, to whom all things in heaven, in earth, and under the earth, do bow and obey; Be now and evermore my defense; and make me know and feel, that there is no other Name under heaven given to man, in whom, and through whom, I may receive health and salvation, but only the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

Father, it is you who creates a pure heart and a steadfast spirit within me. Lord Jesus, thank You for cleansing me. You have blotted out and canceled my transgressions, and you will remember them no longer. You do not keep a record of my sin because I have truly repented and turned from my wicked ways. I am cleansed and pruned by the living word which you have given me. I will not forget all your benefits but affectionately and gratefully bless your name. You heal all my diseases and forgive all my iniquities. Thank you. Amen

Dear Lord, help me to remember that although Your grace and love are free, You really want to build a relationship with me and restore a "oneness" with You. Whether that happens or not depends upon my response, doesn't it? For only if I repent of my sins and shortcomings and want to turn my life around, will I be ready for Kingdom-living now. ... Each time I slip or stray, I need to repent anew, for faith without repentance is not truly sincere, is it?

Help me in the name of Jesus, I pray.

Amen.
© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Gracious Father, may my heart be mindful of thee, that I may discover the truth and possess it. Steady me in my affections and save me from wandering impulses; and may I help to put wrong down and uplift humanity. Amen.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for Your many blessings that You send my way each day. Thank you for the many friends that You have sent into my life. Lord, they are priceless treasures. Bless them all today. I want my life to be what You would have to be. Lord, I want You to be satisfied with me, so remove those things that are not pleasing to You. Thank you for Your daily provision. I know that when I have You, that's enough. You will take care of all the things that concern me and that I have need of. May this truth be in the hearts of all of Your children. Thank you for Your mercy and Your amazing grace. I pray in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Dear Lord, no matter how old I get I still feel young and niave. Grant me the wisdom to chose the right path. Guide me for I do not know the way.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply