Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-22-2014, 10:17 AM   #25
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 25

Call to Sunday Worship

O Lord, I beseech you mercifully to hear my prayers, and the prayers of all your people who call upon you; and grant that we may both perceive and know what things we ought to do, and also may have grace and power faithfully to fulfill them; through Jesus Christ your Son our Lord, who is alive and reigns with you, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever. Amen.

Meditation

[The Lord hears our prayers.]

Dear Lord, if I insist on running my car on molasses when its inventor meant it to run on gasoline, I'll come to grief. ... In Your sovereign plan, You have given me FREEDOM to deny You or to choose You, to go my own way and make my own rules, or to go Your way and live by Your rules! ... Oh Lord, help me to get beyond my "intelligent reasoning" and realize in my spirit that it's only when I choose to make Your will my will that I find my life's greatest fulfillment. Your high octane fuel is the only way to go! Forgive me, Lord, for thinking I could find the answers without You.

In the name of Jesus I pray.

Amen.
© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Almighty God, I pray that I may have a true appreciation of the quality of life. Reveal to me my responsibilities and help me to make them my opportunities. Keep me in search of thoughts and deeds that will increase the delight of my soul. Amen.

Be a bright flame before me, Lord.
Be a guiding star above me.
Be a smooth path below me.
Be a kindly shepherd behind me
- today, tonight, and forever. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for Your love toward me. Lord, I ask You to place in me the same kind of love You have for the lost and the poor. I pray for the lost and ask You to work in the hearts of those who are seeking for You, yet are looking in the wrong places. Father, I need a tender and understanding heart toward the poor. May I be sensitive to Your leading so that I know where I should give, so that the poor are helped in the right way. Lord, thank you for blessing me so that I can bless others. I ask this in the precious name of Jesus. Amen.

To Spread the Gospel

Father God, through Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior you have found my heart worthy enough to save, and have entrusted me to spread the Gospel. You have handed to me the very keys to the kingdom of heaven. Let me not grow weary of His cause. And by His grace and mercies given to me, let me be proven worthy of my call. As your Son taught us, the harvest is plentiful, but the gatherers are few. Let me stand for my call in Jesus Christ and take my place among those who gather, not by argument and rancor, but by living as a shining light before the world, always ready to witness to your gifts, your Word, and your glory. Amen.

For Forgiveness

Almighty Father; I enter your presence confessing the things I try to conceal from you and the things I try to conceal from others. I confess the heartbreak, worry, and sorrow I have caused, that make it difficult for others to forgive me, the times I have made it easy for others to do wrong, the harm I have done that makes it hard for me to forgive myself. Lord have mercy on me, and forgive for all my sins against you and against others, through the grace of my Lord, Jesus Christ, Amen.

Let me not forget my prayers as I go out into the world. Holy Spirit, be with me, and let me praise you and remember you in my every action and thought, for the entire week long. In Christ's name I ask this, Amen.

Day by Day

Day by day, dear Lord of you
Three things I pray:
To see you more clearly,
To love you more dearly,
To follow you more nearly,
Day by day.

- St. Richard of Chichester

Dear Father, thank you for today and all that you do. I love you Lord with all my heart. Please help me show this love to others as I go about the day.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply