Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-23-2014, 10:19 AM   #27
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 27

Prayer of St. Richard of Chichester (1230 A.D.)

Thanks be to thee, my Lord Jesus Christ, For all the benefits thou hast won for me,
For all the pains and insults thou hast borne for me.

O most merciful Redeemer, Friend, and Brother,
May I know thee more clearly,
Love thee more dearly,
And follow thee more nearly
For ever and ever.
Amen.

Meditation

[May I know Christ more clearly.]

Prayers for Those Torn by Alcohol and Drugs

I pray, O God of hope, for all persons and families whose lives are torn and disrupted by drugs and alcohol. Enable them to identify the illness. Strengthen them to seek help. Bless them with the power of your love, which imparts transformation and wholeness to those who trust in your name. Grant that as they walk this tortured road, they may journey together, bound close together in the bond of love. Shine your light upon them, Lord Christ, that they may see the path out of their misery, and give them the strength to follow it. Amen.

Walk with me, dear Lord, so that I may not be alone as I face this day, but always in your presence. Your joy is a lighthouse in a world often dark with sin, and I pray that I may reflect the light of your truth, to inspire others as I have been inspired. In the name of Christ, bless me this day, and all whom I may meet. Amen.

God our Father, when times are difficult, I ask for courage and determination. When there is hostility between people, lead me to see the best in people and in situations, and give me the gift of making peace. Remove from me whatever contradicts your love that I may share more fully the Good News of your love. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for teaching me Your Word. Help me to always obey it as I know that You bless all who adhere to Your commandments. Forgive me when I fail You, and give me the grace to forgive those who have offended and sinned against me. Lord, help me guard my mouth, and not to repeat things that are not edifying to others. Help me to be a peacemaker. Lord, may I never be guilty of taking a bribe. Lord, may all the gifts I give to others be totally given in love, with no strings attached to them. I do not want to be guilty of expecting someone to return a favor to me because I gave to them. Help us all to live as godly examples before our friends and family. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Lord our God, our Father in heaven, we thank you for letting us receive so much that is good in all circumstances on earth. We thank you that we can have joy in life in spite of our shortcomings, mistakes, and worries. You bless us with heavenly gifts, so that rejoicing, we can walk on earth as if in heaven. Keep the gifts of your Spirit alive in us. Keep alive in us everything that Jesus Christ was, everything he is, and everything he will be on earth for all people. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply