Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-27-2014, 11:12 AM   #29
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 29

Prayer to Live this Day with God

Dear Lord, I thank you for this day. I thank you that I can see or hear your Word this morning. Let me give thanks all day for what I have, especially your eternal love, and forgive me this day when I go astray, by my thoughts or actions; my only aim is to please you, to know and do your will. Guide my every step. Help me to live this day with wisdom and discretion so that I may not fall short of your glory. Protect me from danger, both in the world and in my attitude. Give me the gift of a clear mind, that I might hear the quiet voice of your Spirit. Help to massage away resentments and blame for things gone by, that would eat my energy and poison my mind; but instead, help me to look to the moment, to what I can do, to work for the future. And let me never become frustrated where I lack control of events, for you are in charge, not me; and I put my entire faith in your power, your knowledge, your plan for humanity. Your are my leader and my coach, Lord. I am on your team. Help me to keep this in mind for just today, in Christ's name I pray, Amen.

Meditation

[The quiet voice of the Spirit.]

For All Who Serve Others

O Lord our heavenly Father, whose blessed Son came not to be ministered unto, but to minister; I pray for your blessing on all who, following in his steps, give themselves to the service of their fellow men. Endue them with wisdom, patience, and courage, that they may strengthen the weak and raise up those who fall; and, being inspired by your love, may worthily minister in your name to the suffering, the friendless, the lost, and the needy. Inspire them with perseverance; when they feel unappreciated, comfort them in knowledge of the blessing they earn by
their service; and to those who teach, let your Holy Spirit guide them in their teaching, that they always know and speak the truth of your Word. For the sake of him who laid down his life for us, the same thy Son, our Savior, Jesus Christ, I pray, Amen.

God our Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ, and Spirit of God amidst us, direct our way unto you. Make us to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we do toward you; to the end we may establish our hearts unblameable in holiness before you, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.

Amen.

This is the day the Lord has made, and I will rejoice and be glad in it! My delight and desire are in the law of the Lord, and on Your law I habitually meditate (ponder and study) by day and by night. Then I shall be like a tree firmly planted [and tended] by the streams of water; ready to bring forth fruit in my season; my leaf shall not fade or wither, and everything I do shall prosper and come to maturity. Amen

Dear Lord, often I am too hard on myself and others, setting impossible standards and agonizing over past hurts, or over my own past sins of omission and commission. ... Remind me that a butterfly would remain earthbound and useless if it tried to hold on to its cocoon. Teach me not to spoil the opportunities of the day by refusing to surrender the past to You. ... Help me to know that Your love forgives, surrounds and challenges me each day. Set me free, that all my actions and words may more truly glorify You! In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

(c) 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Lord, I ask that you inspire me always to do my best - not comparing myself with others, but only with myself. Lead me, Lord, to discover and use my own talents to the full. May I live in such a way that I help others to experience success. Inspire me to be generous in praising others for the good use of their abilities - looking not so much at the degree of achievement but at the effort put in. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, I am thankful for the wonderful ways in which You take care of me. I do appreciate Your watchcare over my family and friends. Lord, I do desire to remain humble in my dealings with others who oppose me. Give me Your grace and wisdom when I must handle controversy. May I be humble when I am tested in this way and trust You to defend me instead of getting into contention with others. Lord, bless those who are reading this today and strengthen them to do Your will. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Spirit of Faith

2 Corinthians 4:13-15

Heavenly Father, giver of life and faith,

Thank you for the spirit of grace which enables me to believe.

May I have the same spirit of faith as he who wrote, "I believed, and so I spoke." I believe too, and so let me speak!

I believe (I know!) that you, the God who raised the Lord Jesus, will also raise me with Jesus and bring me into his presence.

As your grace extends to more and more people may they pour out their thanksgiving - to your glory!

In the name of Jesus, who intercedes for me, I praise you for such wonderful blessings. Amen.

Dear Father, I ask you to help me be strong. I want to forgive those who have done me wrong and live a life of happiness. I ask for the strength as forgiveness can be difficult when hurt feelings start to surface.

In Time of Need

Heavenly Father, in my present need, help me to believe that you are aware of my anxiety and will do what is best for me. Give me the strength to trust you and put the present and future in your hands. Grant this through Christ, our Lord. Amen.

“A Prayer For Being A Good Listener”

Father, it’s interesting that we often plead for Your attention and certainly expect You to listen to our prayers and You assure us through Your word that You hear us when we call on You. But for true fellowship to exist we too must listen to Your voice through Scripture, through fellow believers, through Your many works of creation, and through Your still small voice that beckons our attention. You have so much to tell us that will often encourage us, sometimes reprove us, but always spur us on to good works and needed spiritual perspective as we journey here below. Help us to listen, to heed, and to be steadfast in our fellowship with You. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply