Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-28-2014, 10:40 AM   #30
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 30

Prayer at Daybreak (by Archimandrite Sophronios)

O Lord Eternal and Creator of all things, who with your unknowable goodness called me to this life; I have no life, no light, no joy or wisdom, no strength except in you, O God. I entreat you, teach me to pray aright. Purify me from all taint of flesh and spirit. Bless this day which you give to me, your unworthy servant.

By the power of your blessing enable me, throughout this day, to speak and act to your glory with a pure spirit, with humility, patience, love, gentleness, peace, courage and wisdom. Let me be always aware of your presence. By the power of your love, grant me to hold fast to that which is good. Preserve me from every word or deed that corrupts the soul; from every impulse unpleasing in your sight and hurtful to my fellow man, my brothers and sisters. This in Christ's name, I pray, Amen.

Meditation

[I have no wisdom except in God.]

Prayer of Thanks

For the gladness here where the sun is shining at evening on the weeds at the river,
Our prayer of thanks.
For the laughter of children who tumble barefooted and bareheaded in the summer grass,
Our prayer of thanks.
For the sunset and the stars, the women and the white arms that hold us,
Our prayer of thanks.

God, the game is all your way, the secrets and the signals and the system; and so for the break of the game and the first play and the last.
Our prayer of thanks. Amen.

from Our Prayer of Thanks by Carl Sandburg

Now unto him that is able to keep me from falling, and to present me faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, to the only wise God our Savior, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

In the name of Jesus, I cast all my cares, worries and concerns over on you, my Lord. I am not sufficient unto myself, but you are my sufficiency, and I will remember you, my Lord, my God, for you give me the power to get wealth, that you may establish your covenant. Out of the abundance of my heart I shall say, “Let the Lord be magnified, who takes pleasure in the prosperity of His servant.” I shall meditate on and talk of your righteousness, rightness and justice, and my reason for praising you all the day long. Amen.

Dear Lord, when everything seems to be flying apart in my life and I feel overwhelmed, remind me to stop everything, to sit quietly, to center in on You, and to read Your Word. For only as I return to oneness with You can my harmony be restored. ... Remind me that You are my Shepherd, and I shall not want for inner peace, for strength, for confidence, and for answers, for You have promised that Your Holy Spirit will lead me into all truth and show me where I need to change. ... Thank You, Lord, for always being there for me when I turn to You. In Your name I pray. Amen.

(c) 2001 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Heavenly Father, cause the newness of life to continue to flow through my heart, that I may not be fatigued, as I struggle with discouragements. Release me from hopeless cares that I have made mine, thinking they were thine. May I trust in the boundless limit of thy mercy, and rejoice in the world of living light. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for the many gifts You have given me. I do appreciate the gift of wisdom and discernment. I am grateful that You have spared me from many a heartache. Thank you also for the sound advice in the Word of God. Give me the grace and strength to always obey Your Word, as I know You know what is best for me. Bless my family and friends today and keep them from the wicked one. Thank you for Your provision for this day. Help me not to stress about tomorrow. I trust that You have all things under Your control and I believe You will take care of me and my problems. Give this same faith to others who are needing to hear from You. I ask this in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

Weight of Glory

2 Corinthians 4:16-5:21

Dear Father, invisible but absolutely real,

Let me not lose heart. I know from your word that my light and momentary troubles are working for me an eternal weight of glory that far outweighs them all.

Help me fix my eyes not on the things that are seen, but on the things that are unseen, for what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

Help me to live by faith and not by sight. I want to trust you completely.

In the name of Jesus I praise and thank you for all your great mercies and your continuing and constant grace. Amen.

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank you for all you have done for me. You do so much and yet I still ask for more. Please forgive me and guide me to be appreciative for what I have and what is truly important.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply