Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 09-22-2016, 11:28 PM   #76
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Talked to my sister last week when she said that her toe was still infected. I said, "Get to the doctor's!!!"

She phoned me today to say that she had been to a health clinic, but never saw her doctor. She is on the fair board and she informed me that she had worked there for two hours and had to be taken to the hospital. She is on more antibiotics. My son said, "She is stubborn just like you Mom." I can't see my heart, I can just feel it go boom once in a while. She can see her toe and know it is infected. She was in the hospital for 8 weeks before, she knows where this can take her if she doesn't take care of herself. She also says that she thinks she has shingles. The clinic said it was pulled muscle. She said that the pain was much more than that. Even after all that, if her treatment by a VON is over by Sunday, she wants to go up and see our aunt who is celebrating 100 years. I think her toe is more important. There is no reason why she can't wait another week.

Your prayers for her would be appreciated.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2016, 07:04 AM   #77
bluidkiti
Administrator

Continuing prayer for your sister Jo.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Old 09-23-2016, 05:52 PM   #78
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Thank you. She called me today to say that she has to be home for VON at 1:30 p.m. for the next four days, which means no trip up north. I hope she listens to herself.

Your prayers are appreciated.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 10-26-2016, 05:04 PM   #79
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just got word that my sister is back in the hospital. She has a red lump on the calf of her leg, so it looks like the infection is back even though she said it is only 2 weeks since she was off antibiotics.

They are puzzled about the pain she has had in her rib area and her skin hurts to touch. I sounds like Polymyalgia, something I was diagnosed with many years ago when I was diagnosed with the Fibromyalgia. Your skin hurts to touch and it hurts to have clothes and bedding touch your body. She is like me and can't take arthritis medication. She is worse than me, she is allergic to just about everything.

Your continued prayers would be appreciated.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 10-27-2016, 06:33 AM   #80
bluidkiti
Administrator

Praying for you sister.
Old 10-28-2016, 10:59 PM   #82
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Thanks everyone for your prayers. I talked to my sister tonight. She was sent home today and will be having home care. There will be a nurse come in every two days to change the bandages and she will be getting antibiotics fed to her interveniously.

They say they don't know if it is Osteomyolitis (not sure of the spelling), more tests are being done and she has to go to the hospital on Monday. A resident told her that she looked to healthy to be up walking the halls and occupying a bed.

She was in ICU for two months, and now she was back in for 6 days. Hospitals don't keep people in a hospital bed for two days as a rule, so hopefully they will find a solution soon.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 10-29-2016, 10:02 AM   #83
bluidkiti
Administrator

Thanks for the update. Continuing prayer.
Old 02-23-2017, 08:49 PM   #84
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Got a couple of calls from my sister today to say that she was in the hospital. She informed me that she went in on Tuesday and was diagnosed with congestive heart failure, and has been on oxygen since. When she called me today, she said that she felt better today that she has in months. She will be kept in the hospital until she can breathe on her own without the oxygen.

She called me back to say that she was told that once you were diagnosed with congestive heart failure, you never got rid of it. I sensed some fear in her. I told her that I was diagnosed with it over 10 years ago. I didn't say, and I am still kicking, because lately, I haven't been kicking too high.

Your prayers for her would be appreciated. I told her that I would send her healing thoughts and prayers. I ask you to continue your support with love and understanding, it is one day at a time.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 02-24-2017, 07:32 AM   #85
bluidkiti
Administrator

I have been and will continue to pray for your sister.
Old 02-25-2017, 12:20 AM   #87
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Thank you both. She said she was feeling better than she has felt for months. Today she was being sent down for a MRI and other tests. She phoned to say she might not be around if I went this afternoon. I was out and too fatigued to see her tonight.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing:
Old 02-25-2017, 11:35 PM   #88
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Went to see my sister this evening. She is going home tomorrow. She looked the best I've seen her in months. I got the sense that she had a certain amount of peace with in her. I showed in her eyes.

Hope you will continue prayers for her.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing:
Old 02-26-2017, 06:09 AM   #89
bluidkiti
Administrator

Continuing prayer.
Old 03-25-2017, 08:14 AM   #90
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Thanks everyone for your prayers. My sister had a procedure done yesterday, and they put a camera up a vein to check the stints in her heart. She is to go later and get a camera put down her throat to check out her stomach.

Her toe is still not completely healed.

Your prayers are appreciated.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Post New ThreadReply