Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Recovery Readings

Share This Forum!  

Daily Recovery Readings Start your day here with Daily Recovery Readings. Feel Free To Share Your Experience, Strength & Hope.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2016, 10:12 AM   #29
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 29

Wisdom for Today
I have to admit that I used alcohol and drugs to escape, even if it was only temporary. I wanted a way out of my boredom. I wanted a way out of my troubles. I wanted to relieve my stress and anxiety. What I got was a quick fix and long-term pain. Substance use was not the answer I was looking for. Instead I ended up in more trouble and in more stress. My boredom was replaced by fear.
In the program I have found a healthy escape. I am not bored, and I have found true relief. Many of my problems have improved over time. I no longer walk in anxiety and fear. When I was drinking, I looked for self-importance. I looked for friends I could buy or manipulate. In the program I am not interested in self-importance. I have learned about things like self-respect and honesty and humility. Today these are of much more value to me than that inflated shell of a person I was. I find a true satisfaction in knowing myself, both the strengths and the weaknesses. Have I found a healthier way to live in recovery?
Meditations for the Heart
I believe that my faith and God’s power can accomplish anything. Even the difficulties I face in life now can be handled in a way that brings me to a place of peace. I can accomplish much with the help of my Higher Power. Walls that stand in my way can be made to crumble because of the strength, courage and hope I am given daily in recovery. Yes, it is easy to slide back into “old” behaviors and beliefs when I get wrapped up in my problems or myself. But when I stay focused on God’s will for me, I am given the power to carry out the task. No matter how big or how small, I know I have help. Am I willing to ask for help when I need it? Do I do this daily?
Petitions to my Higher Power
God,
Today give me faith, and help me to know that You are with me in all that I do. Teach me to walk with humility along this path. This path is not one that I know. Guide me to a willingness to ask for help along the way.
Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply