Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Lounge > Inspirations, Poetry, Quotes, Thoughts, Etc
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Inspirations, Poetry, Quotes, Thoughts, Etc A place for you to express yourself. Share inspirations, poetry, quotes, writings etc. here.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04-07-2014, 02:57 AM   #31
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

First of all, I am trying to speak American!

Secondly, I was doing a Zen meditation and asked if it was possible to find a common denominator, so that everyone could find common ground and identify and the word I got was "Wishful thinking!"

Quote:
Our mind is the wish-fulfilling tree-whatsoever you think, sooner or later it is fulfilled.
This was followed by the word "Challenge."

Quote:
Misery only means that things are not fitting with your desires-and things never fit with your desires, they cannot. Things simply go on following their nature.
My sponsor told me to look at "problems" as challenges. Something to be overcome and to work on. And the "Piece de la resistance" was the word "Accident."

It is not a certain sequence of causes that brings enlightenment. Your search, your intense longing, your readiness to do anything-altogether perhaps they create a certain aroma around you in which that great accident becomes possible. - Osho

Quote:
Looks like I may have to 'stink' up the place a little to get everyone's attention.
Hey people, we are family. We have travelled different road to get here. It is my understanding that we have one goal, one destination and that is recovery. It doesn't matter the substance, it doesn't matter the trauma and difficulties you overcame to get here, it doesn't matter what stood in your way of getting here sooner, the important thing is - you are here!

We can do what I can't. God Bless.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2014, 05:03 AM   #32
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Because You're Special

I said a prayer for you today
to make your spirits soar,
I prayed for happiness for you,
but then I asked for more.
I asked that God would give you
the courage that you need
to be yourself, to do your best,
to dream and to succeed.
I prayed that God would bless you
with confidence in who you are,
because in God's eyes, as in mine,
you'll always be a star.

- Author Unknown

Prayer works. God answers knee-mail.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 04-15-2014, 07:28 PM   #33
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Found this on one of my sites while I was looking for some food to calm the soul as I could not sleep.

I am a firm believer in what goes around comes around. What I think, let alone what I say, is put out there and projected onto others and what goes around comes around.

It is so important to be honest and open. It is even more important to think good thoughts!

I am where I am in today as a result of choices made. That is why I try to make healthy choices in today.

Posted in 2010. The site Star Choices is gone.

http://thinkexist.com/quotation/the_...me/261280.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfK7D1FyGY4

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 04-18-2014, 05:33 AM   #34
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Bless The Day

Words of Truth

tcastle.com/wordsoft.html

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Last edited by MajestyJo; 11-19-2016 at 12:12 AM.
Old 04-22-2014, 06:10 AM   #35
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

May God grant you always-
A sunbeam to warm you,
A moonbeam to charm you,
A sheltering angel
So nothing can harm you.
Laughter to cheer you,
Faithful friends near you,
And whenever you pray
Heaven to hear you.

- Author Unknown

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 04-25-2014, 04:55 AM   #36
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

Our Special Friendship

We've shared the
kind of friendship
that's grown deeper
through the years,
We've seen the ups,
we've known the downs,
we've shared the
smiles and tears.

And through it all,
I've learned one thing
that there could never be
A dearer friend
in all the world
than the one
You Are To Me.

- Author Unknown

This is a we program. Without you, there is no me.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 05-03-2014, 05:55 AM   #37
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

John 15:13
Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

James 1:2-4
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

Deuteronomy 31:6
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 05-09-2014, 03:52 AM   #38
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

"Peace comes not from the absence of conflict, but from the ability to cope with it."

-- Unknown Source

Peace is not won by those who fiercely guard their differences, but by those who with open minds and hearts seek out connections."

-- Katherine Paterson

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 05-15-2014, 05:55 AM   #39
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

That's not odd, that's God

Grateful for my sobriety, grateful for the gifts of recovery and the tools that I can use to stay clean and sober.

I look at those `That`s not odd, that`s God!` moments and try to remember to say thank you. They show me that my God is working in my life.

When we stay clean and sober over the holidays, that is not odd, that is God. The normal thing for an alcoholic to do is drink. For me, prescription drugs were like dried up alcohol, I had the same symptoms, more black outs with them that I had with alcohol.

It is my God working in my life, doing for me, something I couldn`t do for myself.

Recovery isn't always easy, especially when we are in the midst of things. When I get enlightenment and new awareness, I find that my God is working in my life.

I like the saying, "Just because you have a feeling, doesn't mean you have to act on it." Also, feel the feelings and do it anyway and my personal favourite and a new one to me, "Just because you get a thought, it doesn't mean it is yours. It could be your Higher Power's or it could be something projected onto you by someone else.

Peace on your journey, when we go within and connect to our Higher Power, we can find the calm within the storm.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 05-16-2014, 03:16 PM   #40
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

...“bad faith” is a phrase which justifies the lack of belief in free choice.

Toxic Antithesis for Clair Drucker

Read this on a post this morning and I thought it could use some perusal.

Just how bad is my faith? Is it justifiable or just fine thank you.

I believe in freedom of choice. Do I exercise that belief and get the most out of the power that is available to me? Or, do I just know, and do nothing about it?

Always thought of faith as a positive thing. I know a little goes a long way. I whole lot strengthens me. I have faith in the AA program. I have faith in the 12 Steps. I believe they are a tool that fits any nut that walks through the doors of recovery. I thought that was very derogatory when I first heard it but found it to be very true. I was one of the biggest, it fit me so why wouldn't it fit someone else.

My hope turned into faith. My faith turned into a connection to my Higher Power. Have I maintained that connection or have I turned it into an Ego?

Faith without works is dead. Work without faith, gets me nowhere.

How does your faith measure up?
In the Twenty-Four Hour daily meditation book for today, it talks about faith. What I got from the reading was that humility and an open mind can lead to a faith that works.

I can have all the faith in the world but I need to follow the thought with action. As the saying goes, "Faith without works is dead!"

Faith means many things to many people, even if it is a religious one.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faith

dictionary.reference.com/browse/faith

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 05-16-2014, 03:24 PM   #41
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
I pray that my faith may be based on my own experience of the power of God in my life.

- AA Thought for today

Today I have faith that things will work out in my life. Tomorrow is operation day if all goes well. I like the thought here that I can see God at work in my life and that I can have faith in Him. I had to have faith unseen at the beginning, and then as I experienced the change in others, I came to believe it would work for me.

Then I began to experience the change in me, what amazed me most that others could see it before I could. It is difficult to see something when you are in the midst of it. I learned to recognize old patterns and behaviors. I learned to let go of the past and not try to control my own life but allow my God to lead and direct it.

When I turned that control or the illusion of it over to my Higher Power he allowed me to freedom of choice, to live in the now, to deal with life on life's terms and have faith that what He lead me to, He will see me through.

They say faith without works is dead. It is something I have to continue to work at or it dies and fear sets in.

Thank you for letting me share.
March 2009 from another site.

Faith is putting all your eggs in God's basket, then counting
your blessings before they hatch. ~Ramona C. Carroll

I came to realize that I didn't have much faith because I didn't think God had much faith in me. Although a lot of things in my life were as a result of my actions, there were many times that I was a victim of other people's choices and decisions and I continued to allow myself to be the victim, to play the martyr role and didn't have the faith in myself to move out of the situation.

Through working the Steps, I learned to have faith and trust myself knowing that if I took my Higher Power with me, all things were possible.

Quote:
“Faith makes all things possible....
love makes all things easy.” -unknown
Had to recognize that my faith was weak, if I was feeling fear. As they say, they can't occupy the same space.

Had to recognize that my computer was a big addiction and had to turn my thinking over to my Higher Power, having the faith that I could have healthy thinking towards it, not have that obsessive and all consuming desire to always be on it. My faith allows me to apply the program to all parts of my life.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 05-18-2014, 03:43 PM   #42
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

We can transform like the butterfly. When we surrender and ask for help, we are empowered to do what we need to do for ourselves. I am granted freedom of choice. I can choose to remain the same, bogged down in old memories and old tapes, I can choose to change and let go of the past and become a new me in today.

JoAnne's Recovery Site

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 05-18-2014, 03:43 PM   #43
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

FREE TO BE YOU

Watch your attitudes, know that you are responsible for yourself and not others. Realize that all judgment of, criticism of, condemnation, and anger towards other people is to be released to their own good. Bless all people as they travel the highway of life and always remember that you are free to be you. And therefore, everybody else is free to be themselves.

Begin to enjoy everyone around you. Keep in mind that love, intelligence and courage is always present enabling us to always be who we are. We can rise up and accomplish all that we desire and maintain the joy, happiness and fulfillment we seek - all we need do is practice our spiritual exercises, study and act as we believe with deep faith.

II TIMOTHY 1: 7 reads, "For God has not given us the spirit of fear, but the power and love and sound mind."

Antestian Newsletter - Road to Enlightenment

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 05-27-2014, 04:00 AM   #44
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Too many people struggle with the 'God" concept. Many people have heard the word and left the room. Contempt prior to investigation.

This is a spiritual program. It is not a religious program. Many religious people come to recovery. Many non-religious people come to recover. They all have a chance to recover. It doesn't matter who you call your "God," He/She knows you and hears your name.

All religions are welcomed. Not one religion is the right one or the wrong one, it is all each individual's belief. As I like to say, "My religious beliefs enhance my spiritual beliefs and my spiritual beliefs enhance my religious ones." They have become much more meaning and deeper and have allowed me to grow my connected to my God, who can be Good Orderly Direction, from a Group of Drunks, who have passed their Goodness onto me.

As the reading says, "We are spiritual beings, we were born that way." Recovery is about getting in touch with that Inner Self.

Nothing can clear a recovery room faster than to hear religion spoken there. I know, I have a son who has fought against anything religious all of his life. He stopped wanting to go to Sunday School at 5 years old. He got it earlier than I did. I went to the Martyr's Shrine when I was 8 years and had to be taken out because all of a sudden I started crying in terror. My mother asked me what was the problem. I said, "Ghosts Mommy, Ghosts."

For me, it is about remembering that my son has that same Inner Self that he chooses to ignore in today.

God does show His handy work in nature. You just have to see the Majesty of it all to know that He is all powerful. I have always had a strong connection to Native American beliefs and yet my beliefs are grounded in my church upbringing.

When I went on my spiritual quest, I found that my God was too big to fit into a church. I went back to church, left, went back again. I took communion, my way of making amend to God and then left. It was my thoughts that church was for people who don't have 12 Step Programs. I can identify with them but few could identify with me.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 06-02-2014, 07:58 AM   #45
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

My Light and Salvation

"The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1

Read more at http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Chri...uzZbH6vaJlT.99
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid." Matthew 5:14

Read more at http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Chri...JySskHLgmiL.99

My Light and Salvation

"The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1

Read more at http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Chri...uzZbH6vaJlT.99

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Post New ThreadReply