Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-08-2017, 07:59 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - August 8

Nothing can separate us from God’s love.

One of the great gifts of prayer is knowing that God will answer, even if we don’t know when or how. When we pray, we can immediately thank God for the answer that will come. Doing so can allow us to let go of our concerns and begin to accept the peace God offers us. Through prayer God takes our worries and offers us peace.

Our loving God has given us life and the ability to choose how we will live it. May our lives be full of faith, hope, and love for all that God has created!

Jesus knows that we can become distracted by looking at others’ lives. All he wants from use is to focus on what he has called us to do. We all have unique abilities and talents that God can use. No two of us are completely the same. Even if God does not give us something we want, we can trust that God’s plans for us are always good. When we accept the life God has given us and live it well, we can be content. God always wants the best for us.

Even if we can’t see it at the time, we can trust that God’s word always accomplishes God’s purpose.

Sharing God’s good news is never a waste of time.

Waking up today is a new gift and blessing from God.

Each day God is merciful and gracious in new ways.

When we are reconciled with Christ, we can also be reconciled with one another because we are all members of the Body of Christ.

We can forgive because, through Christ, we are forgiven.

We are all superheroes! Our faith is our armor, our unique talents are our powers, and our strength is our God! Each day God presents us with opportunities to right wrongs by sharing Christ’s love, to save lives by acting with kindness and compassion, and to bring justice by spreading God’s word. Our actions may not seem as big or as bold as those of the superheroes on TV. We may never know if our actions renew someone’s faith or if our compassion rekindles someone’s hope. We may never know whether we are an answer to someone’s prayer. But as today’s reading assures us, God has a plan for us. Embracing daily opportunities to help others can be a big part of that plan.

Jesus Christ is the light of the world, and we are to encourage others by sharing that light in our lives. Like the moon, we do not own the light but reflect the light supplied continuously by our own light source, Jesus Christ. The light of Christ is for all people, and when we reflect that light, we live in hope that all the world will “have the light of life.” God calls us to reflect the light of Christ to the world.

Regardless of the challenges and changes that come into our lives, we can trust in God’s unfailing love and presence.

God’s caring presence gives us freedom.

Just Another Tuesday By Julianna Morlet
"He who has a generous eye will be blessed, For he gives of his bread to the poor." Proverbs 22:9 (NKJV)
I woke up at 5 a.m., hit my snooze button, dragged myself out of my warm sheets and started my normal-every-Tuesday-morning-routine. I drove to Starbucks, swapped the typical weather jokes with my favorite barista, ordered my grande coffee and bagel, and walked out the glass door.
What wasn't routine was the scraggly teenage boy I ran into on my way to my truck. He was asking for something. Though I didn't clearly hear him, I assumed it was money.
I told him I was sorry but I didn't have any, and continued on.
He didn't ask again and he didn't pester me. But something in my head did. Did he ask for money or food?
Quickly, I spun around and asked, "Do you need food?" His reply was so innocent and affirmative. I held out my goodie bag. "Here ya go, a toasted bagel with cream cheese made just for you." He smiled so big, I thought his lip ring was gonna pop out.
I didn't think anything of it until I got in the truck and started pulling away. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the boy peeling open the cream cheese, carefully and joyfully, like it was Christmas morning.
On my drive to the office, I wept like a broken-hearted mother.
I didn't know this boy. Had no idea what kind of trouble or circumstances got him to the streets, but I did know he was someone's son. And if my son were out on the streets, asking for food at 6:30 in the morning, I'd want that busy-looking girl to stop and give him her bagel.
Almost a month later, my mother forwarded me an email she had received from a woman in her Bible study. It read:
"Hi Alma, Viola told me she read Julianna's blog which talked about giving a hungry teenage boy her bagel. Viola wondered if it was my son Kyle because of the lip ring Julianna mentioned. I was overwhelmed with emotion and gratitude for her compassion. He was hungry and she gave him something to eat. I have attached a picture of Kyle to show Julianna to see if he is the one she fed that morning. If not, I know there is another mother out there that would be very grateful for her compassion if she knew."
I scrolled down to see the face of the boy and gasped as my eyes instantly filled with tears. It was him! The boy had a name and it was Kyle. But more than that, he had a mother. And now she knew someone had taken care of her son, even if it was just a small meal.
We are not all called to mission fields far away. We are not all called to pastor a church or lead a women's Bible study. However there is one thing we are all called to do as God's people: we're all called to love - to stop, to be aware of the hurting around us, and to have compassion. We are called to share our bread with the poor.
The Lord asks us to care. He calls us to be on the lookout for those who need our time and kindness. And yes, our bagel and cream cheese too.
"Dear Lord, give me Your heart of compassion and Your eyes to see the needs of others around me. Break my heart today, for the things that break Yours and show me how You can use me to make it right. No matter how big or small. In Jesus' Name, Amen."

The Way by Lynne Phipps
Isaiah 52:1-2 – Awake, awake, put on your strength, O Zion; put on your beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city; for henceforth there shall no more come into you the uncircumcised and the unclean. Shake yourself from the dust; arise, sit [erect in a dignified place], O Jerusalem; loose yourself from the bonds of your neck, O captive Daughter of Zion. (AMPC)
Life is ever changing, and I have had much change in the past year. Although it has, in many ways, been a wonderful year, it has been a long and lonely year, a difficult year. It has been a year when I have had to closely check my thoughts and attitudes so that my pathway might be straight. To be honest, I have often felt like I was staggering to take it all in.
Last night, I went to bed feeling very discouraged, rather hopeless, and fed up. This morning, I didn't feel much better. But then, I sat down to study the Word and have time with the Lord. As I read today's verses, everything changed.
Israel was in bondage to another nation, but amidst it, God calls for action: Awake, put on, shake yourself, arise, sit erect in a dignified place, loose yourself. In other words, God calls for His people to get moving. He is saying in effect, "Recognize who you are! Release from oppression and bondage are found in My strength and within the beauty of My character, all of which is found within you."
Life changes, but God never changes. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. He goes before us and behind us. He is "I am He who speaks", and in His speaking is the power to change the world, our world, your world, my world, if only we will truly trust, believe, and do.
Life changes, but so can we, because God does not change. He is our hope, our strength, our beauty within, and when we embrace this, it changes us day by day, bit by bit. When we do the actions He called the Israelites to — the actions that He is calling us to do — nothing ungodly can share our lives. It must flee, setting us free from oppression, discouragement, hopelessness, and yes, simply being fed up. Such action in Christ transforms us to be a people of victory, overcomers who deal wisely and who prosper, a people who exalt and extol the name of Him Who reigns, that others, too, might have the opportunity to hear and embrace the good tidings of salvation in Christ Jesus.
Prayer: Lord God, thank You that Your strength and the beauty of Your character is within all who know Christ Jesus as their Lord and Saviour. Remind us of this fact day and night, propelling us to take action and awake, put on, shake ourselves, arise, sit erect, and loose ourselves from the bonds of this world, which desires to render us impotent as Your children, when in reality we are overcomers in Christ, in Whose name we pray. Amen.

Pressing Pause Before Pressing Send Walking with Women through the Word
“I’m going to let her have it!” My friend had had enough with a co-worker’s gossip and lies. She asked me to read an email she’d composed to this woman, basically telling her off. I could totally relate to her anger; there have been many people in my life who had the ability to raise my blood pressure and make me see red. But, I knew my friend would immediately regret hitting send, so we deleted the email and moved away from her computer instead.
Have you ever been fed up with someone? They made your blood boil with their rudeness and disrespect, so you made a beeline toward revenge. In your head you composed a sassy text message or a scathing verbal assault.
It’s in those moments we need an “Abigail” to speak reason and bring clarity to the situation.
In 1 Samuel 25, King David flew off the handle at a very rude man named Nabal. To be fair, King David had experienced quite a string of misfortunes. His living quarters consisted of caves and fields. He was constantly on the run for his life from the man who sat on his rightful throne – and his protection of Keliah went unnoticed and unappreciated. So when Nabal refused to acknowledge the fact that David had been anointed as king or that his men had been protecting his livestock, David reacted: “May God strike me and kill me if even one man of his household is still alive tomorrow morning!” (1 Samuel 25:22 NLT)
Whoa, those are strong words! But given all that had happened to David, you can almost understand and somewhat justify his anger against Nabal. Such trying circumstances as he’d endured would make anyone temperamental! And now to be treated with so much disrespect and contempt … David was fed up and plotted revenge until Nabal’s level-headed wife Abigail stepped in.
Scripture tells us that Abigail was a discerning woman. She had the words of wisdom to calm David down and deter him from his plan to kill Nabal. David hit pause and permitted the intervention that stopped him from doing what he would later regret.
In our “I have had enough” moments, we too need to press pause before we press send. It may not feel like it in the heat of the moment, but acting out in anger is something we will later regret.
We may not have an Abigail reading our emails over our shoulder or speaking reason into our situation, but we do have the Holy Spirit guiding us every minute of every day. Our response to the still, small voice will make the difference between regret and relief.

Nothing Can Separate Us By Joe Diaz
"For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord" - (Romans 8:38-39).
God's love goes way beyond any human love you have ever experienced! People may come and go from your life, but God is always with you. He will never leave you nor forsake you. Human love may be conditional, but God's love is supernatural; it's unconditional, and it knows no limits. There's nothing you can do to earn His love and nothing you can do to stop His love.
The scripture tells us that His love is patient and kind, His love believes the best in you. His love redeems and restores you. No matter what you've been told or what you may think about yourself today, you are His most prized possession. There's nothing that can separate you from His love! Remember, faith is activated by love. As you allow Him to flood you with His love, your faith will be ignited, and you'll be empowered to live the abundant life He has for you!
Prayer: "Father in heaven, thank You for loving me and setting me free. Thank You for working in my life and restoring the broken places. Everything I have I surrender to You. Fill me with Your perfect love. In Jesus' Name. Amen."

Clay Balls Author Unknown
I remember reading a story once about a man who was exploring some caves by the seashore. In one of the caves he found a canvas bag with a bunch of hardened clay balls.
It was like someone had rolled up some clay and left them out in the sun to bake. They didn't look like much, but they intrigued the man so he took the bag out of the cave with him.
As he strolled along the beach, to pass the time, he would throw the clay balls one at a time out into the ocean as far as he could throw.
He thought little about it until he dropped one of the balls and it cracked open on a rock. Inside was a beautiful, precious stone. Excited, the man started breaking open the remaining clay balls. Each contained a similar treasure.
He found hundreds of dollars worth of jewels in the 20 or so clay balls he had left, then it struck him.
He had been on the beach a long time. He had thrown maybe 50 or 60 of the clay balls with their hidden treasure into the ocean waves. Instead of hundreds of dollars in treasure, he could have taken home thousands, but he just threw it away.
You know sometimes, it's like that with people. We look at someone, maybe even ourselves, and we see the external clay vessel. It doesn't look like much from the outside.
It isn't always beautiful or sparkling, so we discount it; we see that person as less important than someone more beautiful or stylish or well known or wealthy.
But we have not taken the time to find the treasure hidden inside that person by God.
There is a treasure in each and every one of us. The Bible says we are fearfully and wonderfully made. I don't think he means just our physical bodies. I think he means our inner selves, which are sometimes hidden from others by the *earthen vessel*.
But if you take the time to get to know that person, and if you ask the Father to show you that person the way He sees them, then the clay begins to peel away and the brilliant gem begins to shine forth.

I Can’t Explain It by Tom
One of the first questions we learn to ask is Why.
Daddy, why is the sky blue? Mommy, why do I have to take a nap? Why can’t I have more candy? Why do I have to go to the dentist?
Questioning everything does not stop when we get older. The desire to understand why, to be able to explain why, and to find a reason for life’s situations seems to continue though every season of life.
As adolescents, we want an explanation for every request made by our parents. Then, we reach the stage when we are convinced we know the answer to everything. And eventually, we arrive at the season of life when we realize we don’t have a definitive explanation for much of anything. So we continue to ask questions.
In last week’s article, based on John 9, I pointed out how the closest followers of Jesus demonstrated the struggle many of us have with wanting to blame others for why things don’t go the way we want them to. Perhaps part of this need to blame is an extension of our inherent need for an explanation.
The members of the blind man’s community could not understand why he could suddenly see and wanted an explanation.
After saying this, he spit on the ground, made some mud with the saliva, and put it on the man’s eyes.
“Go,” he told him, “wash in the Pool of Siloam” (this word means “Sent”). So the man went and washed, and came home seeing.
His neighbors and those who had formerly seen him begging asked, “Isn’t this the same man who used to sit and beg?” Some claimed that he was. Others said, “No, he only looks like him.”
But he himself insisted, “I am the man.”
“How then were your eyes opened?” they asked.
He replied, “The man they call Jesus made some mud and put it on my eyes. He told me to go to Siloam and wash. So I went and washed, and then I could see.”
“Where is this man?” they asked him.
“I don’t know,” he said. (John 9:6-12, NIV)
In this scene, and in others later in the chapter, you see and hear people hoping for an explanation and never receiving one.
A couple of thoughts come to mind to explain this.
First of all, we may never know the reason why some things happen as they do. Sometimes, God does things to and for us for reasons we cannot explain and will never understand. But we know that He loves us and is constantly working in and around us to bless us, teach us, and shape us into the people He created us to be.
Secondly, it is okay to not know the explanation. We do not need to have an answer for everything God does. God can answer for Himself. We do not need to explain why or how He works. We know He works. We see the result of His work. We are the recipients of His work.
The man who was cured of his blindness did not need to know why Jesus’s simple acts involving mud and spit made him finally able to see. The end result was good enough for him.
Maybe acknowledging and appreciating that God has worked and is working in your life is all you need. I don’t know how or why, all I know is that God works. He shows up at just the right time and in just the right way. And I am blessed by that. And that is good enough for me.

Never Slumbers Nor Sleeps by Walking with Women through the Word
In the blissfulness of my first pregnancy, I had no realization of the complete and total sacrifice that would be involved in being a mother. My rude awakening hit me the first night my daughter came home from the hospital. Blaire lay tucked in a tiny cradle all warm, dry, and fed. I peacefully slept in the next room until the reality of the commitment of motherhood woke me up at 2:00 a.m. with a loud cry.
That marked the beginning of the end. The end of staying up late, the end of catching up on lost sleep the next night, the end of sleeping more than five to six hours in a row for quite a long time. Motherhood is the end of solid, sound sleep!
This lesson was reiterated when my son was born. Griffin didn’t sleep through the night for his first seven months. The long hours were filled with tummy aches, squirming, and crying. No one could figure out what caused Griffin so much pain. There were nights and days when I did not know how I was going to survive my sleep deprivation. The sleeplessness, uncertainty, and heartache were almost unbearable.
One night, in the pitch black, I rocked my sweet boy. As I numbly stared into the darkness, I desperately poured my heart out to the Lord. As Griffin settled back to sleep, I realized that in order for God to have heard my prayers, He would have to be awake. I thanked Him for never sleeping and for watching over me both day and night. What a comfort to know He is always alert and ready to listen.
Scripture confirms this: “He will not let you stumble; the one who watches over you will not slumber. Indeed, he who watches over Israel never slumbers or sleeps.” (Psalm 121:3-4 NLT) Each long night as rocked my baby, I meditated on these words and talked to the Lord since He was awake too.
A month later, the doctor diagnosed Griffin with a milk allergy which we were able to get under control. He finally began sleeping through the night, which meant I did too! But, God did not.
Whether your sleep deprivation is caused by a baby who needs you during the night, an adolescent who is struggling with nightmares, or a teenager who is driving on the road late at night, God is always there for you. During those long hours, set your focus on Him and not the missing sleep. The Lord is awake and hears your prayers and will give your heart rest.

Just Call upon Him Author Unknown
The boy walked along the ocean shore . . . trying not to stray.
He looked up to his father saying, "Dad, I want to play."
His father looked upon him, with love showing in his eyes.
"Do what you want to, my son . . . but do not leave my side."
"I would never leave you Daddy, I love you way too much."
But the boy took a step away, out of his father's range of touch.
He walked through the surf, the waves tickling one toe.
"If I take one more step in . . ." he thought, "Father will never know."
His father called out to him, "Son, to me remain true!"
The boy thought with glee . . . "At the moment I don't need you!"
His father felt a sadness, but he held his tongue.
Sometimes lessons need to be learned . . . even when so young.
The boy stepped out a little further . . . the water covering his waist.
His father spoke with urgency . . . his father spoke with haste.
"My son, come back to me," he said, "The day is almost done!"
"Not yet, Dad," the boy yelled, "I'm having too much fun!"
But the boy did not have his father's insight . . . so he could not yet tell,
The tide was coming in fast . . . there would be no time to yell.
"Father!" he tried to scream, as the water covered his head.
"I need you now, Daddy!" was what the boy had said.
And in a single instant his father was by his side.
"I thought you left me, Daddy . . . I thought you went to hide."
The father looked upon his son . . . a tear streaming down his cheek.
The boy looked upon his father . . . and cried the sobs of the meek.
"I would never leave you son . . . for I love you just the same."
"I was only waiting . . . for you to call upon my name."

The Lord does not distinguish us
By age, race or sex
We are all His children
One and the same
We are brothers and sisters
Put here to do His will
To lift each other up
Together we spread His love and word
Written by: Tammy Boyle 7/26/02

So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience; bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against anyone; just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you. -- Colossians 3:12,13

Do not worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. - Philippians 4:6-7

Cast all your anxiety on [God], because he cares for you. - 1 Peter 5:7

[Jesus] said to [Peter], “Follow me.” - John 21:19

Bless the LORD, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless the LORD, O my soul, and do not forget all his benefits. - Psalm 103:1-2

“I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” - Jeremiah 29:11

Jesus said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” - John 8:12

God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” - Hebrews 13:5

Room 127: How to Leave "the old things" Behind By M. Moneypenny
I turned the key into the lock of Room 127 and opened the door. It was just what I needed - a tiny bathroom, a small seating area and a double bed. I tossed my overnight bag on the bed, laid my book bag on the coffee table and threw myself into a slightly overstuffed chair. "Well, here I am," I declared. "Okay God, you've got my undivided attention for 24 hours," I challenged. "Show me, I beg you! Please show me why I'm so miserable. Helloooo, are you there???"
I don't think I really expected Him to walk out from behind the bathroom door. Yet I was hoping for something. But in reality, had a note dropped from the ceiling with my name on it, I would have hesitated to pick it up. It would have been just my luck that God was sending me a moving notice, without a forwarding address. That's exactly what the last couple of months had felt like - God didn't seem to be the least bit interested in the events of my life. So you see, I really needed for Him to show up in Room 127.
As I mentioned before, I took just two things with me - a small overnight bag and my Bible book bag. Now it may sound like I was running away from home but I wasn't. I just needed a break from the telephone, my children, my husband, cooking, laundry and anything else that had my name on it. And to be honest, the fact that my family helped me pack my bag was probably a pretty good sign that they were ready for me to take a break, too. So I did.
I needed to be somewhere that I could talk out loud to God without the possibility of being overheard. I needed to work though my thoughts by writing down words and drawing pictures without anyone looking over my shoulder. I needed to be able to embrace whatever emotion I was feeling at the moment without anyone trying to console me. And that's exactly what Room 127 afforded me - the luxury of being alone - with God.
I grabbed my book bag and emptied the contents on to the coffee table. Besides the usual pen, pencil, hi-liter and Bible, I also had a copy of The Message. I put both books on the coffee table and began to thumb through them. As I waded through Romans, I began to slow down when I reached the eighth chapter. I continued to read verse-by-verse, first in my Bible and then in The Message. As I reached verse eleven my attention began to peak and then verse fifteen hit me right between the eyes.
"With his Spirit living in you, your body will be as alive as Christ's! So don't you see that we don't owe this old do-it-yourself life one red cent? There's nothing in it for us, nothing at all. The best thing to do is give it a decent burial and get on with your new life. God's Spirit beckons. There are things to do and places to go! This resurrection life you received from God is not a timid grave tending life." Romans 8:11b-15a, The Message
"Grave tending? I've never heard of such a thing!" I thought to myself. I snuggled back into that slightly overstuffed chair and began to imagine what grave tending might look like. In my mind's eye, I watched as someone paced frantically around an old gravesite. As I looked closer, I saw that it was me! I was carrying a shovel, a garden hose and a large can of deodorant. Sounds ridiculously silly and morbid, doesn't it? Well, apparently that's how a person looks when they're grave tending.
The shovel was used to dig up that which is buried. The water from the garden hose helped clean off the dirt and decaying rot. A big spray from the can of deodorant temporarily masked the stench of death with a sickeningly sweet smell. And, once the whole process was completed, a valiant effort was made to prop up the now clean-smelling dead. It really didn't matter how I propped up the things that I had just tended. That which was dead eventually fell over. Why? Because there is no life in that which is STILL dead. But I was determined. I tried over and over and over again.
"Knowing this, that our old self was crucified with Him, that our body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin." Romans 6:6 (NAS)
You may be thinking that I had lost my mind. But I hadn't. I was grave tending. I was trying to mix the old and the new - the dead and the living - who I once was in Adam with who I now am in Christ. Yes, I was attempting to breathe life into those old things that once seemed to satisfy so I could continue to depend upon them. Things like faith in myself; a lifestyle maintained by rules and guidelines; a behavior-based identity; a righteousness established by works, and things of the like. Though I knew intellectually that through my co-crucifixion, death and burial with Christ these things had been laid to rest, I guess I thought there was still something in that grave that would benefit me. I know. It's ugly, degrading and utterly senseless.
But please tell me that you can relate! Have you ever found yourself trying to breathe life back into something that is no longer of any benefit to you - especially when it's utterly senseless and the ugliest of behavior? Well, chin up, dear friend. I don't think we're alone. Apparently the apostle Paul was seeing something similar in Galatia. In Galatians 4:9 he says, "But now that you have come to know God, or rather to be known by God, how is it that you turn back again to the weak and worthless elemental things, to which you desire to be enslaved all over again?" Sounds like grave tending of some kind had been going on in Galatia or Paul wouldn't have written about it.
Second Corinthians 5:17 says, "Therefore if any man is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come." Thank goodness! He alone lays to rest that which is dead and gives life to the new creation.
Looking at grave tending from that perspective makes me want to retire my gravesite equipment for good. And just to be safe, I think it's better that I leave it under lock and key!
Under lock and key. If you'll remember, that's were all this started - I had been standing in front of the door of Room 127 with a key in my hand. Anything had been possible and I was not disappointed. What a wonderful time of unbelievable discovery, refreshing encouragement and merciful reminders of His great love. But now it was time to go home. As I made my way towards the office to turn in my key, I turned around just in time to see the maid service stop outside the door of Room 127. I had to laugh out loud. I knew what she would find. The tiny wastebasket in the bathroom was not only holding a few tissues but also a shovel, a garden hose and a large can of deodorant!
"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and delivered Himself up for me." Galatians 2:20

Dear God, Thank you for answering our prayers and for your peace that guards our minds and hearts. Lead us on your way and give us wise hearts so we can remain faithful to you, our loving Creator. Help us always to trust you and your never-failing love for us. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
Psalm 75
1 Unto thee, O God, do we give thanks, unto thee do we give thanks: for that thy name is near thy wondrous works declare. 2 When I shall receive the congregation I will judge uprightly. 3 The earth and all the inhabitants thereof are dissolved: I bear up the pillars of it. Selah. 4 I said unto the fools, Deal not foolishly: and to the wicked, Lift not up the horn: 5 Lift not up your horn on high: speak not with a stiff neck. 6 For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south.
7 But God is the judge: he putteth down one, and setteth up another. 8 For in the hand of the Lord there is a cup, and the wine is red; it is full of mixture; and he poureth out of the same: but the dregs thereof, all the wicked of the earth shall wring them out, and drink them. 9 But I will declare for ever; I will sing praises to the God of Jacob. 10 All the horns of the wicked also will I cut off; but the horns of the righteous shall be exalted.

Dear heavenly Father, Thank you for loving us. We are yours. Help us to live life in ways that glorify you. Help us to see each new day as a blessing from you and to live life as a way of giving thanks. Help us to share your word faithfully and to trust you to accomplish your purpose in those around us. Thank you for the gift of your light of love. Help us offer it generously to others. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply