Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Recovery Readings
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Recovery Readings Start your day here with Daily Recovery Readings. Feel Free To Share Your Experience, Strength & Hope.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2018, 05:59 AM   #17
bluidkiti
Administrator

AA Thought for the Day

January 17

No Reservation

We have seen the truth demonstrated again and again:
"Once an alcoholic, always an alcoholic."
Commencing to drink after a period of sobriety, we are in a short time as bad as ever.
If we are planning to stop drinking, there must be no reservation of any kind,
nor any lurking notion that someday we will be immune to alcohol.
- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 33

Thought to Ponder
When we try to control our drinking, we have already lost control.

AA-related 'Alconym'
A A = Alcoholic's Answer.

~*~A.A. Thoughts For The Day~*~

Coping
God willing, we members of AA may never again
have to deal with drinking,
but we have to deal with sobriety every day.
How do we do it?
By learning -- through practicing the Twelve Steps
and through sharing at meetings --
how to cope with the problems
that we looked to booze to solve, back in our drinking days. . .
We learn how to level out the emotional swings
that got us into trouble
both when we were up and when we were down.
c. 1976 AAWS, Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 560
c. 2001 AAWS, Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 558

Thought to Consider . . .
The ankle-biters of everyday struggles will eat away at me
unless I go to meetings and share.

*~*~*AACRONYMS*~*~*
H E A R T = Healing, Enjoying, And Recovering, Together

*~*~*~*~*^Just For Today!^*~*~*~*~*

Others
>From "The Three Legacies of Alcoholics Anonymous":
"We also had to determine how best to co-operate with the press, radio, motion pictures, and more recently television;
how to deal with employers who wanted special help; what would be the right attitude toward the field of alcohol
education, research, and rehabilitation, private and public.
"Finding answers to these public relations puzzlers has been a long process. After much trial and error, sometimes
punctuated by painful mistakes, the attitudes and practices that would work best for us emerged. The basic ones can be
seen today in the A.A. Traditions: 100 per cent [sic] anonymity at the public level; no use of the A.A. name for the benefit
of other causes, however worthy; no endorsements or alliances; the carrying of the message as the single purpose for
Alcoholics Anonymous; no professionalism; public relations by the principle of attraction rather than promotion these
were some of the hard-learned lessons."
2001 AAWS, Inc.; Alcoholics Anonymous Comes of Age, pgs. 197-98

*~*~*~*~*^ Grapevine Quote ^*~*~*~*~*

"When things go well, we must never fall into the error of believing that no great ill can befall us. Nor should we accuse
ourselves of 'negative thinking' when we insist on facing the destructive forces in and around us, both realistically and
effectively. Vigilance will always be the price of survival."
AA Co-Founder, Bill W., November 1960
"Freedom Under God: The Choice Is Ours,"
The Language of the Heart

~*~*~*~*^ Big Book & Twelve N' Twelve Quotes of the Day ^*~*~*~*~*

"Everybody knows that those in bad health, and those who seldom play,
do not laugh much. So let each family play together or separately as
much as their circumstances warrant. We are sure God wants us to be
happy, joyous, and free."
~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, The Family Afterward, pg. 132~

We realized that the people who wronged us were perhaps spiritually sick.
- Pg 66, Alcoholics Anonymous

We shall look for progress, not for perfection.
-Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions p. 91

Misc. AA Literature - Quote

The perverse wish to hide a bad motive underneath a good one permeates human affairs from top to bottom. This subtle and elusive kind of self-righteousness can underlie the smallest act or thought. Learning daily to spot, admit, and correct these flaws is the essence of character-building and good living. The deception of others is nearly always rooted in the deception of ourselves. Somehow, being alone with God doesn't seem as embarrassing as facing up to another person. Until we actually sit
down and talk aloud about what we have so long hidden, our willingness to clean house is still largely theoretical. When we are honest with another person, it confirms that we have been honest with ourselves and with God.

Prayer for the Day: I've Found A Reason - Dear God, as long as my life was preoccupied with my own problems, my own unwillingness and dark moods, I was critical, insensitive, rigid, and defiant. But when I honestly faced my defects and failures and the worst was known and surrendered to You, the whole nature of living changed. I am no longer the emotional center of all things and no longer take everything as personal to myself. Ive found a reason for all the suffering through which I have passed. It is to be used in understanding and helping others. Out of the darkness comes light.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply