Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-2016, 10:59 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default He Will Give Us Rest

HE WILL GIVE US REST

Worry can wear us down. Many of us carry heavy burdens. Some from the past. Some from the present. Some of us even worry about the future. We tend to dwell too much on what may happen and cause unneeded suffering in our lives. God didn't create us to worry. God didn't create us to carry burdens. God didn't create us to dwell on the things we can't control. He wants us to put our trust in Him. He wants us to pray and give our burdens to Him. He doesn't want us to suffer due to unnecessary worrying.

Matthew 11:28 "Then Jesus said, 'Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.'" (NLT)

Dear Lord, thank You for the rest You want us to have. You tell us not to worry. You tell us to lay our burdens at Your feet. We know we cause our own suffering when we worry. Help us to ease our minds knowing You are in control. Thank You for being by our side and carrying us in times of need. Help us to remember to share how great You are with others so they can depend on You as well. In Jesus' name. Amen.

When we give our issues to God, we can be at peace knowing He will handle things.

God has a perfect plan for our lives. We should give all our cares and worries to Him.

Because He loves us, God wants to give us rest. That means we have to accept it.

When we spend too much time focusing on issues and worrying about them, we aren't spending enough time focusing on God.

God wants us to have rest. He wants to take care of everything for us.

Exodus 33:14 "The LORD replied, 'I will personally go with you, Moses, and I will give you rest-everything will be fine for you.'" (NLT)

Focus: One of God's great promises is He will be with us and He will give us rest. Amen!

http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_pu...log_id=6116594
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply