Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2015, 03:00 PM   #11
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
You are reading from the book Twenty Four Hours a Day Hardcover (24 Hours)

A.A. Thought for the Day

Everyone who comes into A.A. knows from bitter experience that he or she can't drink. I know that drinking has been the cause of all my major troubles or has made them worse. Now that I have found a way out, I will hang onto A.A. with both hands. Saint Paul once said that nothing in the world, neither powers nor principalities, life nor death, could separate him from the love of God. Once I have given my drink problem to God, should anything in the world separate me from my sobriety?

Meditation for the Day

I know that my new life will not be immune from difficulties, but I will have peace even in difficulties. I know that serenity is the result of faithful, trusting acceptance of God's will, even in the midst of difficulties. Saint Paul said: "Our light afflictions, which are but for a moment, work for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory."

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may welcome difficulties. I pray that they may test my strength and build my character.
Quote:
I can't drink safely!

I read these words or said them, not sure which it was, on another site.

If ever I was going to pick up a drink, it would have been in the last month. Again, I have been back in that sick and tired of being tired and sick, only to have something else put on my plate.

People say, "God tests us." I am not so sure, I am still of a second mind on this. I think we test God. I know that I made some unhealthy choices, especially where it concerns food. I also know that a few times I didn't listen to myself, I went with what I thought I should do, rather than what I thought I really needed to do.

I realized yesterday that I had forgotten my cholesterol medication a couple of times and that could account for some of the problem. When I don't sleep, I have problems remembering to take my medications on time and my eating patterns are off. It is all about me, it isn't about God, or my son, or my sister, or my noisy neighbor, it is about me and my sobriety.
Something I posted on another site in 2011. In today it wasn't cholesterol medication, it has been my blood pressure medication that is giving me problems. I don't see my doctor until the 20th. Life is so much, one day at a time. I need to go to the pharmacy and keep an eye on my blood pressure and if need be, go to ER or go to the clinic if things get out of hand, doing what ever it takes to maintain my sobriety.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply