Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 09-01-2017, 06:44 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon23 Bible Verses - September

September 1

Psalm 91:2 I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”

"Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all." Psalms 34:19

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Psalm 27:14

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! 2 Corinthians 5:17

“Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.” - Deuteronomy 6:5

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. —Psalm 91:1
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2017, 07:35 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 2

Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions. Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin. Psalm 51:1-2

Mark 10:45 For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.

"Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might." Ephesians 6:10
Old 09-03-2017, 08:34 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 3

Proverbs 10:12 Hatred stirs up conflict, but love covers over all wrongs.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. 2 Corinthians 4:16–18

“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men” Colossians 3:23

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. —Psalm 23:1

Psalm 5:12 Surely, LORD, you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield.
Old 09-04-2017, 06:19 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 4

Proverbs 19:20-21 Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the LORD’s purpose that prevails.

"For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life. Titus 3:5–7

Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people. - Colossians 3:23

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” – Matthew 28:19-20

For you make me glad by your deeds, O LORD; I sing for joy at the works of your hands. —Psalm 92:4
Old 09-05-2017, 04:26 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 5

Galatians 6:9 And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.

"O come, let us sing unto the LORD: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation." Psalms 95:1

Let the wicked forsake their ways and the unrighteous their thoughts. Let them turn to the Lord, and he will have mercy on them, and to our God, for he will freely pardon. Isaiah 55:7

Psalm 75:1 (NIV) We give thanks to You, O God, we give thanks, for Your Name is near...

Thought: God is always closer than you think.

Come, everyone! Clap your hands! Shout to God with joyful praise! - Psalm 47:1

Matthew 6:26-27 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path. —Psalm 119:105
Old 09-06-2017, 08:11 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 6

The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. He fulfills the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cry and saves them. Psalm 145:18-19

Hebrews 13:2 Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it.

That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:10

Worship the Lord with gladness. Come before him, singing with joy. - Psalm 100:2

“Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. – Luke 6:37

May the Lord direct your hearts into God's love and Christ's perseverance. 2 Thessalonians 3:5

He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. —Psalm 23:2-3
Old 09-07-2017, 06:23 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 7

"O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker." Psalms 95:6

James 4:7 Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me? Psalm 118:6

Psalm 75:3 (NIV) When the earth and all its people quake, it is I who hold its pillars firm.

Thought: God will hold you together when it feels like your life is falling apart.

“Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.” Romans 12:2

For he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things. —Psalm 107:9
Old 09-08-2017, 07:02 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 8

Proverbs 11:25 A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.

"For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me." John 6:38

1 Corinthians 10:31 says, ‘So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.’

Psalm 77:14 (NIV) You are the God who performs miracles; You display Your power among the peoples.

Thought: God can do big things. Give Him your greatest need.
Old 09-09-2017, 06:00 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 9

(21)When your enemy is hungry, give him bread to eat, and if he is thristy, give him water to drink, (22) for you will heap burning coals on his head and the Lord will reward you.
Proverbs 25:21-22

Revelation 1:8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."

"O give thanks unto the LORD, for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever." Psalms 107:1

The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God endures forever. Isaiah 40:8

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. Ephesians 6:10–11

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. — Ephesians 4:32
Old 09-10-2017, 08:50 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 10

How great is Your goodness, which You have stored up for those who fear You, which You have given to those who take refuge in You before the children of men. Psalms 31:20

Remember, O LORD, your great mercy and love, for they are from of old. Remember not the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways; according to your love remember me, for you are good, O LORD. Psalm 25:6,7

Proverbs 16:9 In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps.

Get wisdom, get understanding; do not forget my words or turn away from them. Proverbs 4:5

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path. Psalm 119:105

So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor. - 1 Peter 5:6

For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope. – Romans 15:4

Who among you is wise and understanding? By his good conduct let him show his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom. James 3:13

Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters,
Old 09-11-2017, 07:38 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 11

Psalm 95:6-7 Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the Lord our Maker; for he is our God and we are the people of his pasture, the flock under his care.

"O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: because his mercy endureth for ever." Psalms 118:1

Psalm 78:1 (NIV) O my people, hear My teachings; listen to the words of My mouth.

Thought: Always make room for God's voice. Seek Him out today.

But let us who live in the light be clearheaded, protected by the armor of faith and love, and wearing as our helmet the confidence of our salvation. - 1 Thessalonians 5:8

Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

The glory of young men is their strength, gray hair the splendor of the old. — Proverbs 20:29
Old 09-12-2017, 06:42 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 12

2 Timothy 1:7 For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. 1 Corinthians 10:13

Psalm 126:3 (NIV) The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.

Thought: God's love for us is limitless. Receive and say "thank you."

This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun! - 2 Corinthians 5:17

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. – 2 Corinthians 12:8-9

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6
Old 09-13-2017, 05:53 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 13

O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. Psalm 63:1

"O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever." Psalms 136:1

You make your saving help my shield, and your right hand sustains me; your help has made me great. You provide a broad path for my feet, so that my ankles do not give way. Psalm 18:35-36

Today’s Scripture: 2 Peter 3:8 (NLT): But you must not forget, dear friends, that a day is like a thousand years to the Lord, and a thousand years is like a day.

Today’s Thought: God’s clock is not limited to our little 24-hour clock. Some of us have promises from God that we have been waiting on for years or even decades. He did not lie to you and you can trust that whatever He promised will come to pass!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me not to get weary as I wait on what You have promised me. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

The LORD is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love. — Psalm 103:8
Old 09-14-2017, 07:33 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 14

“The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged” Deuteronomy 31:8

"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men. You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:13-16

On the last and greatest day of the festival, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, “Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink.” John 7:37

Be still and know that I am God! Psalm 46:10

The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever. 1 John 2:17

Jude 1:21 keep yourselves in God’s love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life.
Old 09-15-2017, 05:59 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 15

"O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!" Psalms 8:9

May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had. Romans 15:5

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, and your ways are not my ways. This is the very word of the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:8–9

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.” Matthew 11:28-29

Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. — Ephesians 4:2
Post New ThreadReply