Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-20-2014, 11:17 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default What causes anger?

Living Free Every Day®

Today's Scripture
"Sensible people control their temper; they earn respect by overlooking wrongs." Proverbs 19:11 NLT

Thoughts for Today
What causes anger? In reality, the answer could be "nothing." We might think that a rude driver or unfair criticism or a friend's betrayal angers us, but the anger is actually our own doing. It is our response that creates the anger.

Many factors can stimulate anger. Behavior we learned in childhood, a stressful work environment, poor health or medicines we take can cause our temper to flare more easily ... but only if we allow them to.

Consider this…
When someone insults us or treats us badly, we can choose how to respond. If we have feelings of anger, we can choose how to express that anger. God has given us free will to control our feelings, thoughts and actions. Will we choose unkind words or finding a way to "get even" ... or will we overlook and forgive? It's our choice. No matter what our background or the current circumstances, we are responsible for our own behavior.

None of us express our feelings appropriately all the time. But the Bible tells us, "For I can do everything with the help of Christ who gives me the strength I need." (Philippians 4:13 NLT) Jesus can help us make anger our servant instead of our master.

Prayer…
Father, when I am wronged in some way, help me to choose the right response ... the one that is pleasing to you. Teach me to overlook and forgive. In Jesus' name ...
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply