Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-26-2015, 09:38 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Faith is Trusting God

Faith is Trusting God

For it is by free grace (God's unmerited favor) that you are saved (delivered from judgment and made partakers of Christ's salvation) through [your] faith. And this [salvation] is not of yourselves [of your own doing, it came not through your own striving], but it is the gift of God; not because of works [not the fulfillment of the Law's demands], lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:8

I like to define faith in a very basic, easy-to-understand way: living with a positive attitude that comes from a deep trust in God. Living by faith is looking at everything in a positive way and trusting in the power of God, Who loves us and wants the best for us. When we have faith, we can say with confidence in our hearts:

"I don't know what to do, but God does."
"I don't understand what's going on in my life, but God will make a way for me."
"I don't know how I can pay my bills this month, but God will provide."
"This trial I have doesn't feel good; I don't like it, but I believe God works all things out for good to those who love Him and are called according to His purpose" (see Rom. 8:28).
"I don't like the situation I'm going through, but what Satan means for my harm, God intends for my good" (see Gen. 50:20).

These statements and the attitudes they represent demonstrate faith. Having faith means always trusting in God's love and looking beyond where you are to see the end result. Having faith means always being hopeful and refusing to accept defeat. People who live by faith can enjoy every day of their lives.

Trust in Him What are you currently facing that is uncomfortable or that you don't understand? Choose to have a positive attitude about your situation and trust God to work it out for good.

From the book Trusting God Day by Day by Joyce Meyer.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply