Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-26-2015, 10:46 PM   #11
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Making a difference

"The spiritual life is a call to action. But it is a call to ... action without any selfish attachment to the results."

-- Eknath Easwaran

Many of us feel deeply that we want to make a difference -- we want our lives to mean something in the bigger scheme of life. While this is a noble motive, we might want to explore what lies at its root.

Does the drive to make a difference arise from ego’s need to feel worthy? If my ego is not convinced that I matter, I may want visible proof that I do by making some kind of impact on life.

Soul doesn’t need proof that it’s worthy. Soul thrives in being awake and connected. Perhaps if we let go of the pressure we feel from our ego’s need to be recognized, we will be more open and able to simply live soulfully. And by doing that, we WILL make a difference!

"A person’s worth is contingent upon who he is, not upon what he does, or how much he has. The worth of a person, or a thing, or an idea, is in being, not in doing, not in having."

-- Alice Mary Hilton

As we are spiritual beings, the root of all of our life challenges lies in the spiritual realm.

Higher Awareness - used with permission
For many years, I was involved in service. At one time, I was so busy 'serving' others that I had no time for me. I was told that I was full of 'ego' and it was all about me. They were wrong, but that was there problem. I had no job, I was on disability, I needed a purpose and a reason for being, and service gave me that.

Even now and for the past six or so years, when I can't get out, I can do service on line. Someone asked me how could I be sober when I didn't go to meetings. They didn't believe me. They said that I could not do 12 Step work. There are many kinds of Step work and ways to carrying the message.

It is important for me to carry the message of recovery. The thing I need to be mindful of is that I have it to give. I need to be spiritually fit. I need to make sure that I feed my spirit as well as my body and mind.

Originally posted on another site in 2010

Coming on line is my way of service in today and I need this reminder to try to remember that no matter how bad I feel, I always feel better mentally and emotionally, if I come to the site, even if I am in pain or it causes pain sitting at the computer.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply