Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > Newcomers Recovery Help and Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Newcomers Recovery Help and Support Stop in here if you are new to recovery and share with us. Feel free to ask questions and for support here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2021, 08:50 AM   #1
roverl0616

Default 90 and 90

Why do we have to go to 90 meetings in 90 days? This is asking a lot for most of us when we're new. What I didn't understand was that I'm a habitual type of person. My sponsor said the reason for the 90 and 90 was that it was the amount of time that's usually needed to form a good habit or to break a bad one. I remember thinking just because I decided to stop drinking that the habit of drinking would be gone. It actually took a long time for me to break the habit of drinking, and on my own I would have never been able to have done it. With the understanding that I'll always be a habitual type person I've learned through the program of recovery how others have been able to use being habitual to form the habits they needed to be spared from this illness. To make or break any habit, good or bad it usually takes about 90 days
roverl0616 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to roverl0616 For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply