Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2013, 12:40 PM   #16
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 16

Prayer for the Morning

Father, as I face this new day, let me be aware of the work you have done for me as I slept. I praise you that your loving care never slumbers, but has been with me while I was least aware of it; and that you renew me and the whole world, fresh every day, preparing your plans for me.

I pray that I may seek your will this day, your plan for my life, and carry out your plan in my every action. I lay my hopes and fears on an altar before you, that your Holy Spirit may guide my hopes toward the light of your holiness, and may quiet my fears with the knowledge of your infinite peace, in total confidence that your grace will save me from the evils of this world. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

Prayer for One's Home (by Edgar Guest)

Peace, unto this house, I pray,
Keep terror and despair away;
Shield it from evil and let sin
Never find lodging room within.
May never in these walls be heard
The hateful or accusing word.

Grant that its warm and mellow light
May be to all a beacon bright,
A flaming symbol that shall stir
The beating pulse of him or her
Who finds this door and seems to say,
"Here end the trials of the day."

Hold us together, gentle Lord,
Who sit about this humble board;
May we be spared the cruel fate
Of those whom hatreds separate;
Here let love bind us fast, that we
May know the joys of unity.

Lord, this humble house we'd keep
Sweet with play and calm with sleep.
Help us so that we may give
Beauty to the lives we live.
Let Thy love and let Thy grace
Shine upon our dwelling place.
Amen.

Blessing

The Lord bless us and keep us. The Lord make his face to shine upon us, and be gracious unto us. The Lord lift up his countenance upon us, and give us peace, this day and evermore. Amen.

Prayer for the Nations

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear…. There is a river whose streams shall make glad the people of God. God is in our midst and we shall not be moved; God will help us. The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. We proclaim that God will be exalted among the nations; He will be exalted in the earth. Amen

Scripture Reading Psalm 46

My Lord, forbid that I should want to live to be known only for power and pride. Help me to strive for that which is helpful and lovely. May I never be restrained from thee, but delight to follow in thy way. Help me to be obedient to thy laws, that I may learn thy truths. Amen.

God our Father, we thank you for this earth, our home; for the wide sky and the blessed sun, for the salt, earth and the running water, for the everlasting hills and the never-resting winds, for trees and the common grass underfoot. We thank you for our senses by which we hear the songs of birds, and see the splendor of the summer fields, and
taste of the autumn fruits, and rejoice in the feel of the snow, and smell the breath of the spring. Grant us hearts that are wide open to all this beauty; and save us from being so blind that we pass unseeing when even the common thornbush is aflame with your glory, O God, our Creator. Amen.

Dear Lord, my heart is full of worry and fear. Please take these burdens from me and give my heart peace.

Heavenly Father, we thank You for another new day with all its blessings, sweet pleasures and joy. Thank You for Your extended love and grace to everyone through Your son, Jesus. We ask you to reveal Yourself to the many needy victims of the recent floods, fires and other natural disasters; comfort and heal those in need. Lord, as we continue to pray for the nation’s leaders, continue to move them when, how and where You choose for Your glory and for the good of the people. We wait upon You and watch and pray without ceasing. Thank You for loving us.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you so much for all of Your provision for me. I do appreciate Your goodness and love to furnish all my needs each and every day. I am looking to You to guide me in the financial affairs of my life. Lord, I resist greed and materialism, and ask for contentment with the things that I own today. I know that You will bless me more and more as I learn of Your ways and follow You. Help me to be a good steward over my finances, my home and all of the things that You have given to me. I do appreciate the material blessings You have given me, but most of all, I appreciate the spiritual blessings that are mine, which money cannot buy.I ask this in Jesus' name. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply