Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 08-13-2017, 06:40 AM   #16
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 13

Ephesians 6:10-11 10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:" Ephesians 1:3

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 3:8 (NLT): Finally, all of you should be of one mind, full of sympathy toward each other, loving one another with tender hearts and humble minds.

Today’s Thought: Being in one mind, working together and being sympathetic towards each other goes a long way. We are here for one purpose: to lead people to Christ. Imagine how many more lives can be touched if we all would work together!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me work together with my fellow brothers & sisters so more people will come to You. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. —John 15:13

Isaiah 33:2 LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2017, 07:02 AM   #17
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 14

He said: "Listen, King Jehoshaphat and all who live in Judah and Jerusalem! This is what the LORD says to you: 'Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God's. ... You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the LORD will give you, O Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the LORD will be with you.'" 2 Chronicles 20:15,17

Colossians 2:7 Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness.

"I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well." Psalms 139:14

The Lord is my light and my salvation—whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life—of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1

He called you to salvation when we told you the Good News; now you can share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. - 2 Thessalonians 2:14

May the Lord make your love grow and overflow to each other and to everyone else. 1 Thessalonians 3:12

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 3:9 (NLT): Don't repay evil for evil. Don't retaliate when people say unkind things about you. Instead, pay them back with a blessing. That is what God wants you to do, and he will bless you for it.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me bless those who curse me. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 16 May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, 17 encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.
Old 08-15-2017, 06:57 AM   #19
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 15

‘Thank you, Father, for making everything new!’

2 Timothy 2:15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.

"But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." Matthew 4:4

For God saved us and called us to live a holy life. He did this, not because we deserved it, but because that was his plan from before the beginning of time - to show us his grace through Christ Jesus. - 2 Timothy 1:9

"You are the God who sees me..." - Genesis 16:13

Lord, let your constant love surround us, for our hopes are in you alone” Psalm 33:22

Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always. — Psalms 105:4

Psalm 147:3 He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.
Old 08-16-2017, 06:36 AM   #20
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 17

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? ... I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:35,38-39

Psalm 18:2 The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

"I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust."
Psalms 91:2

Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus” 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

"Forasmuch as there is none like unto thee, O LORD; thou art great, and thy name is great in might." Jeremiah 10:6

James 1:2-4 2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Old 08-17-2017, 05:54 AM   #21
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 17

The Lord Jesus is after our hearts. Come to him today just as you are.

2 Corinthians 4:15 All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God.

"But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it." Luke 11:28

“Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.” ~ Jesus, Matthew 4:4

You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit — fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. —John 15:16

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. – Matthew 5:6
Old 08-18-2017, 07:01 AM   #22
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 18

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. – Matthew 5:6

Luke 3:11 John answered, "Anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same."

"In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me." Psalms 56:11

Colossians 3:12 (NIV) Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

Thought: Always remember who you represent and whose name you bear.

Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy. – Matthew 5:7

James 1:27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
Old 08-19-2017, 06:45 AM   #23
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 19

James 1:19 My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,

"But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin." 1 John 1:7

For every house is built by someone, but God is the builder of everything. Hebrews 3:4

How amazing are the deeds of the Lord! All who delight in him should ponder them. - Psalm 111:2

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen Ephesians 4:29

We love because he first loved us. —1 John 4:19
Old 08-20-2017, 08:05 AM   #24
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 20

Isaiah 1:18 “Come now, let us settle the matter,” says the Lord. “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.

"In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust..." Psalms 56:4

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. Romans 8:1

...Great and marvelous are your works, O Lord God, the Almighty. Just and true are your ways, O King of the nations. - Revelation 15:3b

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. – Matthew 5:9

Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:25–26

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3:12-14

The entire law is summed up in a single command: "Love your neighbor as yourself." — Galatians 5:14
Old 08-21-2017, 06:16 AM   #25
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 21

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable – if anything is excellent or praiseworthy – think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me – put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. Philippians 4:8–9

“A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.” (John 13:34-35)

Matthew 5:3-8
“Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled.
Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God.

John 8:12 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”
Old 08-22-2017, 07:13 AM   #26
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 22

"In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust: let me never be put to confusion." Psalms 71:1

As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?...Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God. Psalm 42: 1–2, 5

Colossians 3:13 (TLB) Be gentle and ready to forgive; never hold grudges. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others.

Thought: Bitterness binds you. Forgiveness frees you.

James 2:17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
Old 08-23-2017, 05:27 AM   #27
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 23

'With God all things are possible’ (Matthew 19:26). Meditate on these words.

Psalm 68:19 Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens.

Colossians 3:15 (NIV) Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.

Thought: Grumbling quickly sinks a good attitude. Focus on gratitude instead.

This is the day the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. - Psalm 118:24

“Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.” (1 Thessalonians 5:11)

Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates his brother is still in the darkness. — 1 John 2:9

Psalm 103:1-5
Praise the Lord, my soul;
all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
Praise the Lord, my soul,
and forget not all his benefits—
who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,
who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
Old 08-24-2017, 06:07 AM   #28
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 24

Ephesians 4:26-27 “In your anger do not sin” Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, 27 and do not give the devil a foothold.

"Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation..." Psalms 25:5

‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven’ (Matthew 6:9,10)

Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone. Colossians 4:5-6

Colossians 3:16 (ASV) Let the message about Christ completely fill your lives...

Thought: There's simply no substitute for reading your Bible. Take time today!

God's voice is glorious in the thunder. We can't even imagine the greatness of his power. - Job 37:5

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 4:9-10 (NLT): Cheerfully share your home with those who need a meal or a place to stay. God has given gifts to each of you from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Manage them well so that God's generosity can flow through you.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me become more of a giver as well as being a good steward of what You have given me. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." — John 20:29

1 Chronicles 16:10 Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice.
Old 08-25-2017, 06:48 AM   #29
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 25

John 7:38 Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.”

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord. Isaiah 55:8

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is – his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2

Colossians 3:23 (NIV) Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.

If you want to be my follower you must love me more than your own father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters-yes, more than your own life. Luke 14:26

“Create in me a pure heart, 0 God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me” Psalm 51:10

Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man. —Proverbs 3:3-4

"But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you." 1 Peter 5:10
Post New ThreadReply