Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Recovery Readings

Share This Forum!  

Daily Recovery Readings Start your day here with Daily Recovery Readings. Feel Free To Share Your Experience, Strength & Hope.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04-16-2014, 07:45 AM   #16
yukonm
Administrator

April 16

Mike B. Says:

Through the Grace of God and the help of AA, I haven't had a drink in a little over 20 years. To this day, the best part of being sober is waking up in the morning. When I open my eyes I know where I am, remember how I got there. I don't have to run to the window and see if my car is there, I know it is. While having my morning coffee instead of alcohol, I enjoy watching squirrels, birds, etc. I didn't even know they existed during my drinking days.

One Day At A Time

yukonm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2014, 07:51 AM   #17
yukonm
Administrator

April 17

Lovie Says:

Take the time for you own spirituality that best fits you not for anyone else. Some bring back unwanted memories, it's then that you take the time to forgive but everyone knows it's hard to forget. Remember there is always a solution to a problem instead of making it more of a problem, we as people are the number one cause of creating our own personal problems. Through prayer or mediation we can overcome these so called "problems."

One Day At A Time

Old 04-18-2014, 07:27 AM   #18
yukonm
Administrator

April 18

Arlis D. Says:

My recovery was greatly enhanced once I realized that no action just happens. There is always a thought preceding every action. Therefore, if I share my thoughts with another alcoholic (including thoughts of drinking), there is a less chance that I will relapse today. Thank God for other alcoholics -- I could not do this alone!

One Day At A Time

Old 04-19-2014, 07:44 AM   #19
yukonm
Administrator

April 19

Judy B. Says:

There are times when I feel like I'm on the outside looking in. A feeling like I don't belong. I never have had a sponsor I could connect with. Probably because I've always felt like "one of guys" and not "one of the gals." They say the rule of thumb is for the men to get a man sponsor and the women to get a woman sponsor. Even with AA there are exceptions to rules. I may be on the outside, but at least I'm looking in.

One Day At A Time

Old 04-20-2014, 06:17 AM   #20
yukonm
Administrator

April 20

Laurel B. Says:

The gifts of sobriety just keep coming from my higher power as I celebrate my third year sober. The Promises of the program really do come true in my life. I just have to keep doing my part by asking for help and reaching out my hand to others. Wait for the miracle!

One Day At A Time

Old 04-21-2014, 07:52 AM   #21
yukonm
Administrator

April 21

Trish Says:

I try to keep my addictions in perspective, for now I have to constantly monitor when I show signs of falling off the wagon. I know someday it will become easier as I adopt new thinking into my life. It takes awhile to get comfortable with changes. It may feel strange at first but what can you expect when all you know is dysfunction? Patience is a virtue, I guess.

One Day At A Time

Old 04-22-2014, 07:57 AM   #22
yukonm
Administrator

April 22

Tina Says:

Feelings aren't fact. When I'm in an upsetting situation, I need to dismiss my feelings and "Think." The more I use my head in times my feelings want to take over, the less amends I have to make after I have cooled off. Good things and bad things happen to everyone. Whichever one we choose to focus on, on a daily basis will determine our serenity.

One Day At A Time

Old 04-23-2014, 07:23 AM   #23
yukonm
Administrator

April 23

Ariel Z. Says:

I think I fantasized that I would lose 60 pounds, suddenly make headway in my career, and have my finances and my house in order just by going into recovery. It turns out the miracle was getting the serenity so I could get my act together to do the work on my own life. It's hard to make progress when you are living from forest fire to forest fire.

One Day At A Time

Old 04-24-2014, 07:45 AM   #24
yukonm
Administrator

April 24

Tere Says:

This year I will focus on loving myself: that is, accepting myself as I am, forgiving myself for times that I've "failed"; not judging myself, not feeling sorry for myself. Rather, I will love myself and have compassion for myself; to thank God for my many blessings and thus be able to be present to what life has to offer.

One Day At A Time

Old 04-25-2014, 07:08 AM   #25
yukonm
Administrator

April 25

Walt B. Says:

AA isn't a crash course in "How to drink responsibly in 90 days" Nor is it a "Get to know God overnight" seminar. What it is is "A fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other so that they may SOLVE their common problem and HELP others to recover from alcoholism"

One Day At A Time

Old 04-26-2014, 07:08 AM   #26
yukonm
Administrator

April 26

Radar Says:

Taking the twelve steps has been and continues to be a spiritual journey for me. This journey, that occasionally takes me back to the pain of the past for further growth, mostly keeps me focused on the present and the hope for the future. Needless to say I am a grateful member of Al-Anon and would recommend this program to anyone whose life has been affected by alcohol.

One Day At A Time

Old 04-27-2014, 07:27 AM   #27
yukonm
Administrator

April 27

Steve R. Says:

Willingness is another key aspect of recovery. The willingness to: change and be open to new ideas, ways, and attitudes. Our ways of the past have clearly not worked, and only made things worse. We need to be willing to make radical changes in our lives in order to make recovery work for us. We need to be willing to do whatever it takes, to go to any length necessary in order to remain clean and sober.

One Day At A Time

Old 04-28-2014, 07:24 AM   #28
yukonm
Administrator

April 28

Melinda Says:

I just celebrated my first anniversary with Al-Anon. What a wonderful accomplishment! I was just thinking that my life has become rather boring. I have finally gotten off the emotional roller-coaster that I rode for as long as I could remember. Insanity doesn't live here anymore. I have learned to take care of me. I still have pain at times, but Al-Anon has given me the tools to work through it. I find that I no longer react in the ways I used to, and for that I am forever grateful.

One Day At A Time

Old 04-29-2014, 08:10 AM   #29
yukonm
Administrator

April 29

Seabreeze Says:

Today, 'As Awful As I Feel', I must get to a meeting and face my daily fears. I must try to share them no matter how hard I try to conceal them. I feel my strengths and weaknesses will only make my group stronger today and hopefully keep 'Me' sober till the next meeting; whether It be six hours or 24 hours. The Fellowship will do all It can to ease my pain but only I can make this simple program work for myself.

One Day At A Time

Old 04-30-2014, 07:26 AM   #30
yukonm
Administrator

April 30

Deb W. Says:

My perspective on life has improved tremendously since I started the program seven months ago and got sober. However, I still have alot of debilitating fear which causes me to emotionally disconnect by "acting out." When I do this, I feel as if I may as well have been drinking because the consequences are the same. I think it's time for me to start working the steps.

One Day At A Time

Post New ThreadReply