Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2023, 06:15 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - October 13

Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you. Psalm 25:4-5

How can you expect God to speak in that gentle and inward voice which melts the soul, when you are making so much noise with your rapid reflections? Be silent, and God will speak again. Francois Fenelon

An infinite God can give all of Himself to each of His children. He does not distribute Himself that each may have a part, but to each one He gives all of Himself as fully as if there were no others. A. W. Tozer

God loves us the way we are, but He loves us too much to leave us that way. Leighton Ford

Every day is another chance to live life more fully for God.

God’s Spirit can equip us for each day’s challenges.

Which would you prefer? To be king of the mountain for a day? Or to be a child of God for eternity? Max Lucado

I am not what I ought to be,
I am not what I wish to be,
I am not what I hope to be;
but, by the grace of God,
I am not what I was.
John Newton

In The Beginning by Myra F. Smith
"Then God brought Abram outside beneath the nighttime sky and told him, 'Look up into the heavens and count the stars if you can. Your descendants will be like that-too many to count!' And Abram believed God; then God considered him righteous on account of his faith." (Genesis 15:5-6 Life Application Bible)
After the creation account in the Bible, we are privy to the story of Adam and Eve, their fall from grace, their oldest son Cain's murder of his brother Abel, and their expulsion from paradise. We are only four chapters into Genesis at this point, and already, we could easily become discouraged.
But, wait. You don't have to go far to become hopeful, because a few chapters later, we are introduced to Abraham. At age seventy-five, God called this wealthy landowner to leave his home in Haran, and journey to Canaan. To do this, Abraham had to give up his home, possessions, and ties to his people. It would have been much simpler to stay put, remain wealthy, and live a life without challenges, but Abraham trusted God to give him a new and wondrous beginning.
And what did God give to Abraham, as a result of his trust and faith? God made him the father of Israel; his descendants were like the stars in the sky; at the ripe old age of 100, he and his 90 year old wife, Sarah, celebrated the arrival of their first child, Isaac, and Abraham accomplished all that God asked him to do.
We, like Abraham, are called. God has a purpose for each of us. And when we obey that call, He equips us with everything we need, and sends us on a journey of new and wondrous beginnings.

Impossible by Sally L. Kennedy
“For nothing is impossible with God." Luke 1:37
Kids were climbing all over the large half-grapefruit. Others were swarming onto the waffles with butter and sticky syrup. Starfruit, kiwi, and orange slices garnished the ‘plate’.
A bunch of children climbing on fruit and waffles. Impossible! Unless, of course, it’s a recreational area with climbing equipment created to look like giant food.
It’s true ‘nothing is as it seems’. It is also true ‘there’s always a bigger picture’. Recently I’ve heard several stories from and about persons who are in ‘impossible’ situations, all different kinds.
If you happen to fall into that category today, or you know someone who does, it’s good to remember the Hope of a great God-promise, that’s given twice in the book of Luke. The Message says, "No chance at all," Jesus said, "if you think you can pull it off by yourself. Every chance in the world if you trust God to do it." (Luke 18:27)
No matter what things look like, you and God are an overwhelming majority. And nothing is impossible with God.
That is good news.

Time Out by Barbara Alpert
“But the Lord provided a great fish to swallow Jonah, and Jonah was inside three days and three nights.” (Jonah 1:17)
The Lord told Jonah to go to the great city of Nineveh and preach against its wickedness. However, Jonah did not like his assignment and decided to runaway from God. Jonah boarded a ship and headed in the opposite direction from where the Lord wanted him to go.
The Lord chased after Jonah by sending a fierce storm that threatened to break up the ship Jonah was using for his great escape. The only way for the storm to cease was for the sailors to throw Jonah overboard. Despite the crewmembers concern for Jonah, they tossed him into the sea.
While Jonah was sinking, the Lord rescued him by means of a great fish. God placed Jonah in timeout for three days and nights. Jonah prayed from inside the belly of the fish. The Lord heard Jonah’s prayer and commanded the fish to vomit Jonah out onto dry land.
In spite of Jonah’s disobedience, God gave him another chance to fulfill his mission. When God spoke to Jonah the second time, he quickly obeyed and went directly to the great city of Nineveh. Because of Jonah’s message, the Ninevites turned from their wicked ways and turned to God.
Has God placed you in a timeout today? You might feel like a castaway and that God has given up on you. God has not abandoned you! Start crying out to Him in prayer as Jonah did so He can help you out of whatever situation you are facing. He longs to see your upturn in spirit so you can carry on with the good plans He has waiting for you.
Maybe some of you have been avoiding God. You have been running from one activity to the next trying to flee from the things God desires. God has not put you in timeout because He is patiently waiting for you to choose His best course of direction. Turn to God today and ask Him for clarity so you do not end up in unnecessary timeout for days, weeks, or possibly months.
Whether God has you in timeout or you have been on the run, know that God offers you a second chance. God knows the plans He has for you, so it is wise to take timeout with Him so he can begin to reveal His plans to you. You will never go wrong when you obey God and head in the right direction. Chances are it will be the best time of your life!
Heavenly Father, Pardon me for fleeing from the wonderful plans You have for me. I do not desire to be on the wrong path and ask that You guide me to the right path. I seek to take timeout from the hustle and bustle of this busy world so I can spend time with You. Thank you for giving me another chance to do what You are calling me to. In Jesus name, Amen
Questions: Have you been off track with God? Has it been awhile since you took timeout to talk with God about your future?

Old Fruit by W Smith
“Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth. Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs.Know that the Lord is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.” Psalm 100
“What is it?” I was asked this question more than once, but I wasn’t quite sure. Each person at the table held an object in her hand, and the challenge was to study the object and then write about it. Some took a quick glance at what they held and quickly picked up a pen to write. Other faces stared in bewilderment, searching for an idea or connection between the object and the events of the day.
I looked again at the object in my hand. I had been handed an envelope with a thin, flat slice of dried citrus, but was it from an orange, a tangerine, or a lemon? It was dehydrated, scentless, and the seeds had been sliced through, making them useless.. Once edible, it certainly wasn’t anything I’d want to eat now!
I thought of the other fruit I’d seen this week, platters nearly overflowing with melon, grapes, and strawberries, as well as bowls filled with apples and oranges. One could have a pleasant snack, or even make an entire meal of the fruit. If I were to offer fruit to a friend, I’d far rather offer that platter of fresh fruit, in season. In fact, I’d not offer that slice of citrus to anyone, friend or enemy.
I wonder, though, how often I offer God a plate of old fruit. Praise is compared to the fruit of our lips. “Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise — the fruit of lips that confess his name” (Hebrews 13:15). Is my praise fresh, or is it old and dry, almost unidentifiable as praise? Can I see where God is at work in and around me? Will I praise Him even in the hard times? God has been faithful and good, and His love never fails. I want to offer Him a platter overflowing with fresh fruit fit for a King, praise for who He is and what He has done in my life!
God, You have been so good to me! Like a shepherd You have led me step by step. Your goodness and mercy is new each morning. Your faithfulness amazes me. Help me praise You with the fruit of my lips today, and may it be fresh fruit! Amen.
Question: What kind of fruit are you offering Christ? How can you work on your gratitude and thankfulness today?

The Fawn by A. C. DIXON
The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms. He will drive out your enemies before you." (Deuteronomy 33:27)
A great friend of mine told me the following story...
"Rising early one morning,' he said, 'I heard the baying of a score of deerhounds in pursuit of their quarry. Looking away to a broad, open field in front of me, I saw a young fawn making its way across, and giving signs, moreover, that its race was well-nigh run.
Reaching the rails of the enclosure, it leaped over and crouched within ten feet from where I stood. A moment later two of the hounds came over, when the fawn ran in my direction and pushed its head between my legs. I lifted the little thing to my breast, and, swinging round and round, fought off the dogs. I felt, just then, that all the dogs in the West could not, and should not capture that fawn after its weakness had appealed to my strength.'
So is it, when human helplessness appeals to Almighty God. Well do I remember when the hounds of sin were after my soul, until, at last, I ran into the arms of Almighty God."

JUST FIVE MORE MINUTES Author Unknown
While at the park one day, a woman sat down next to a man on a bench near a playground. "That's my son over there," she said, pointing to a little boy in a red sweater who was gliding down the slide.
"He's a fine looking boy" the man said. "That's my daughter on the bike in the white dress." Then, looking at his watch, he called to his daughter.
"What do you say we go, Melissa?"
Melissa pleaded, "Just five more minutes, Dad. Please? Just five more minutes."
The man nodded and Melissa continued to ride her bike to her heart's content.
Minutes passed and the father stood and called again to his daughter. "Time to go now?"
Again Melissa pleaded, "Five more minutes, Dad. Just five more minutes."
The man smiled and said, "O.K."
"My, you certainly are a patient father," the woman responded.
The man smiled and then said, "Her older brother Tommy was killed by a drunk driver last year while he was riding his bike near here. I never spent much time with Tommy and now I'd give anything for just five more minutes with him. I've vowed not to make the same mistake with Melissa. She thinks she has five more minutes to ride her bike. The truth is, I get Five more minutes to watch her play."
Life is all about making priorities, what are your priorities?
Give someone you love 5 more minutes of your time today

A Prayer a Day Keeps the Blahs Away by Jeff Japinga
“The Lord is my portion,” says my soul, “Therefore I hope in Him!” —Lamentations 3:24 (NKJV)
I came into work feeling, well, just not right. Not achy, like a cold; or tired because I hadn’t gotten enough sleep the night before; or low on energy because I hadn’t been eating well. Just kind of . . .
“Blah,” I told one co-worker that morning.
“No other symptoms?” she replied.
“None,” I said.
When Deb cocked her head sideways and furrowed her brow, I knew something was up. “No other symptoms? Then you’re the only one who hasn’t noticed what a grump you’ve been the last two days.”
“Well, Dr. Deb,” I said—grumpily, I should note, “and what horrible disease might be causing this grumpiness?”
“Hurry sickness. You get it every time you try to do too much and think it’s still not enough. When’s the last time you simply spent a half hour with God?”
Every year I get a flu shot, so I don’t get the flu. I take vitamins daily, so I can ward off colds. I try to eat right and exercise. But all of those things will not keep me healthy if I don’t take my daily prescription for hurry sickness—at least twenty uninterrupted minutes of prayer and silence. God-time. Every day.
Feeling blah? Overwhelmed? Drained by a to-do list that keeps getting longer? I’ve learned to check myself for hurry sickness. I’m not always very good at preventing it, but at least I’ve learned the cure.
Fill me, God, with the health that comes only from You.

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
I call you to come into My rest and to move into an anointing of ease. You may be tempted to run ahead of Me or step out of the flow of My Spirit because of presumption, but you would do well to stay in spiritual reality and not get into fantasy by projecting out into the future. You must live in the moment and stay present with Me, says the Lord. I am your place of safety and stability here and now. Matthew 6:34 "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."

To those whose hearts are set on Me, says the Lord, I am releasing spiritual fires to revive you and bring you back from your wilderness experience where you felt dry and disconnected. I am stirring you to new life and a renewed desire to walk in the Spirit. Distractions have kept you from personal and intimate connection. Now is the time to reinstate your commitment and dedication to divine purpose. Be strong and unwavering. Ephesians 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.

I see your hearts and have accepted your sacrifice of praise. I tell you the truth; I am calling you to higher ground and will open the way and make a clear path. I am with you to bring you to the place that I have already prepared for you. Come to Me, says the Lord. Attune your ears to My voice, and prepare your heart to see and understand what I will show you. It will be an awesome journey. Psalms 16:11 You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

I am opening doors of expansion before you, says the Lord. You will begin to grow and expand on every level of existence. This will be an exciting time of discovery, but first you must shift your focus to look beyond where you are now. Release yourself from all that has kept you bound. Rise up and soar in the realm of My Spirit; be free! Isaiah 61:1 "The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon Me, because the LORD has anointed Me to preach good tidings to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound."

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
I come today, says the Lord, to lead you in the paths of righteousness. The ancient paths will lead to the top of the mountain where Zion is established; where the hills are pouring forth the goodness of My presence. And, out of that goodness My provision will come, My healing will come and My presence will come. For, you are living in a time where the glory of the kingdom is to be made manifest. And, in this glory of My kingdom you shall be forever changed. For, it is written that you will be changed from glory to glory into the image of the Son of God. And, no matter what the price is that you pay, whether it is affliction, sickness, or heartache, no matter what it is at the end of the journey you will be able to say, it was well worth it. It was well worth walking in the Spirit of God. It was well worth standing in faith, contending for the faith and rising up to be one with your Maker. You will say, "It was well worth it", and I will say to you, “Well done My good and faithful servant.”

No longer will poverty capture or hold My people. For, the Lord says, it is My intention to be an absolute provider for those who follow Me. No longer will the enemy steal from you the possibilities and the opportunities that I have in mind for you. For, I am the one who owns provision in this land. It is Mine to give and I shall give it abundantly, and I shall bring it forth into the places where it is needed. I am the Lord God Almighty and no one shall withhold My goodness from My chosen.

Through It All by Nancy Burr
Although my days feel dark and cold,
I'll praise God through it all.
Although I feel that I am lost,
Up to my Lord I'll call.
And even though my heart feels sad,
And often times can't cope.
I'll never loose the faith I have;
For God fills me with hope.
Pain consumes my heart and soul,
But I will not give up.
When I stumble and I fall,
He always picks me up.
I'll hold on tight to my dear Lord,
I'll follow where He leads.
No matter how rough life can be,
He is the strength I need.
Some days I cry the whole day through,
I try to hide away.
Doubt and questions fill my mind,
I'm afraid to face the day.
But even though I feel so down,
I know that God is here.
He promised me He'll never leave;
He'll wipe away my tear.
Yes life can be so hard at times;
We struggle through it all.
But I choose to keep my hope,
Although I sometimes fall.
Jesus picks me up and says,
Remember, I am here,
Don't ever feel that you're alone,
For I am always near.
I love you more that words can say,
I'll never leave your side.
Just run to me my precious one,
My arms are open wide.
I know your heart is filled with pain,
But just keep holding on.
For I will take away your pain,
And fill you with a song.
I still get sad and overwhelmed,
But I'll praise God above.
For I'm a precious child of His,
And I can feel His love.
I feel His arms surround my soul;
He won't let go of me.
So through it all I'll praise His name,
In song and on my knee.
Trials end, new ones begin,
At times I know I'll fall.
And when I feel I need more strength,
Up to my Lord I'll call.
In happy times and sad time too,
I'll turn to God above.
For I will praise God through it all,
Cause He's the One I love.

I Believe by Nancy Burr
I believe that God is the King,
He made this world and everything
I believe in the Three in One,
And that Jesus is God's only Son.
The Holy Spirit guides my way,
If I just follow and obey.
I believe that the Lord loves me,
And listens when I'm on my knee.
I believe Jesus died for me,
And that He set my Spirit free.
He bore my sins and suffered pain,
And then my Jesus rose again.
I believe He is filled with love,
And that He reigns with God above.
Someday I'll see my Savior's face,
And I'll enjoy His sweet embrace.
Yes I believe that someday I'll be,
In heaven in the arms of Thee.

22 Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not. 23 They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. 24 “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul, “Therefore I hope in Him!” 25 The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, To the soul who seeks Him. 26 It is good that one should hope and wait quietly For the salvation of the Lord. Lamentations 3:22-26

11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, 12 teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, 13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, 14 who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works. Titus 2:11-14

8 The end of a thing is better than its beginning; The patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit. Ecclesiastes 7:8

19 “God is not a man, that He should lie, Nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good? Numbers 23:19

9 For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, you are God’s building. 1 Corinthians 3:9

12 Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. 13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, 14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:12-14

7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. 8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples. John 15:7-8

BROWNIE CRUMBS Author Unknown
Mrs. Baughman was my 6th grade Sunday School teacher. One morning, she brought a pan of brownies to our class. As the goodies sat over by her chair, she gave each child a slip of paper marked with a household expense: house payment, utility bill, phone bill, entertainment, etc.
My slip had a car payment. Before long, Mrs. Baughman picked up the tray of brownies and began naming the expenses written on the papers. As we gave her our expenses, she redeemed each one for a brownie.
"Car payment" she announced. I jumped up to get my brownie from the pan. Finally the last brownie had disappeared.
But one boy named Donald still held his unredeemed slip. "God!" called Mrs. Baughman. Donald came forward hoping the teacher had one more brownie hidden some where.
With a knife Mrs. Baughman scraped the crumbs from the bottom of the pan into Donald's napkin. He got a pretty raw deal, I thought - just crumbs.
"The brownies represent your money", the teacher explained to us. "If you don't give God his share right away, He probably won't get anything except maybe the crumbs."
I never forgot that illustration. The day my friend Donald got only the brownie crumbs, even as a child I learned that God should have the first right to everything I have.
In the years since Mrs. Baughman class I have struggled with giving and priorities, But whenever I recall the "Crummy Sunday School Lesson", I know who should and must always come first in my life!
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things will be added unto you." (Matthew 6:33)

Dear God, Fountain of life, help us to grow in faith and love through reading, studying, and obeying your word. Strengthen our resolve to live as your word teaches us. May we be doers of your word, not just hearers. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
Ezekiel 40
1 In the five and twentieth year of our captivity, in the beginning of the year, in the tenth day of the month, in the fourteenth year after that the city was smitten, in the selfsame day the hand of the Lord was upon me, and brought me thither. 2 In the visions of God brought he me into the land of Israel, and set me upon a very high mountain, by which was as the frame of a city on the south. 3 And he brought me thither, and, behold, there was a man, whose appearance was like the appearance of brass, with a line of flax in his hand, and a measuring reed; and he stood in the gate. 4 And the man said unto me, Son of man, behold with thine eyes, and hear with thine ears, and set thine heart upon all that I shall shew thee; for to the intent that I might shew them unto thee art thou brought hither: declare all that thou seest to the house of Israel. 5 And behold a wall on the outside of the house round about, and in the man's hand a measuring reed of six cubits long by the cubit and an hand breadth: so he measured the breadth of the building, one reed; and the height, one reed. 6 Then came he unto the gate which looketh toward the east, and went up the stairs thereof, and measured the threshold of the gate, which was one reed broad; and the other threshold of the gate, which was one reed broad. 7 And every little chamber was one reed long, and one reed broad; and between the little chambers were five cubits; and the threshold of the gate by the porch of the gate within was one reed. 8 He measured also the porch of the gate within, one reed. 9 Then measured he the porch of the gate, eight cubits; and the posts thereof, two cubits; and the porch of the gate was inward. 10 And the little chambers of the gate eastward were three on this side, and three on that side; they three were of one measure: and the posts had one measure on this side and on that side. 11 And he measured the breadth of the entry of the gate, ten cubits; and the length of the gate, thirteen cubits. 12 The space also before the little chambers was one cubit on this side, and the space was one cubit on that side: and the little chambers were six cubits on this side, and six cubits on that side. 13 He measured then the gate from the roof of one little chamber to the roof of another: the breadth was five and twenty cubits, door against door. 14 He made also posts of threescore cubits, even unto the post of the court round about the gate. 15 And from the face of the gate of the entrance unto the face of the porch of the inner gate were fifty cubits. 16 And there were narrow windows to the little chambers, and to their posts within the gate round about, and likewise to the arches: and windows were round about inward: and upon each post were palm trees. 17 Then brought he me into the outward court, and, lo, there were chambers, and a pavement made for the court round about: thirty chambers were upon the pavement. 18 And the pavement by the side of the gates over against the length of the gates was the lower pavement. 19 Then he measured the breadth from the forefront of the lower gate unto the forefront of the inner court without, an hundred cubits eastward and northward. 20 And the gate of the outward court that looked toward the north, he measured the length thereof, and the breadth thereof. 21 And the little chambers thereof were three on this side and three on that side; and the posts thereof and the arches thereof were after the measure of the first gate: the length thereof was fifty cubits, and the breadth five and twenty cubits. 22 And their windows, and their arches, and their palm trees, were after the measure of the gate that looketh toward the east; and they went up unto it by seven steps; and the arches thereof were before them. 23 And the gate of the inner court was over against the gate toward the north, and toward the east; and he measured from gate to gate an hundred cubits. 24 After that he brought me toward the south, and behold a gate toward the south: and he measured the posts thereof and the arches thereof according to these measures. 25 And there were windows in it and in the arches thereof round about, like those windows: the length was fifty cubits, and the breadth five and twenty cubits. 26 And there were seven steps to go up to it, and the arches thereof were before them: and it had palm trees, one on this side, and another on that side, upon the posts thereof. 27 And there was a gate in the inner court toward the south: and he measured from gate to gate toward the south an hundred cubits. 28 And he brought me to the inner court by the south gate: and he measured the south gate according to these measures; 29 And the little chambers thereof, and the posts thereof, and the arches thereof, according to these measures: and there were windows in it and in the arches thereof round about: it was fifty cubits long, and five and twenty cubits broad. 30 And the arches round about were five and twenty cubits long, and five cubits broad. 31 And the arches thereof were toward the utter court; and palm trees were upon the posts thereof: and the going up to it had eight steps. 32 And he brought me into the inner court toward the east: and he measured the gate according to these measures. 33 And the little chambers thereof, and the posts thereof, and the arches thereof, were according to these measures: and there were windows therein and in the arches thereof round about: it was fifty cubits long, and five and twenty cubits broad. 34 And the arches thereof were toward the outward court; and palm trees were upon the posts thereof, on this side, and on that side: and the going up to it had eight steps. 35 And he brought me to the north gate, and measured it according to these measures; 36 The little chambers thereof, the posts thereof, and the arches thereof, and the windows to it round about: the length was fifty cubits, and the breadth five and twenty cubits. 37 And the posts thereof were toward the utter court; and palm trees were upon the posts thereof, on this side, and on that side: and the going up to it had eight steps. 38 And the chambers and the entries thereof were by the posts of the gates, where they washed the burnt offering. 39 And in the porch of the gate were two tables on this side, and two tables on that side, to slay thereon the burnt offering and the sin offering and the trespass offering. 40 And at the side without, as one goeth up to the entry of the north gate, were two tables; and on the other side, which was at the porch of the gate, were two tables. 41 Four tables were on this side, and four tables on that side, by the side of the gate; eight tables, whereupon they slew their sacrifices. 42 And the four tables were of hewn stone for the burnt offering, of a cubit and an half long, and a cubit and an half broad, and one cubit high: whereupon also they laid the instruments wherewith they slew the burnt offering and the sacrifice. 43 And within were hooks, an hand broad, fastened round about: and upon the tables was the flesh of the offering. 44 And without the inner gate were the chambers of the singers in the inner court, which was at the side of the north gate; and their prospect was toward the south: one at the side of the east gate having the prospect toward the north. 45 And he said unto me, This chamber, whose prospect is toward the south, is for the priests, the keepers of the charge of the house. 46 And the chamber whose prospect is toward the north is for the priests, the keepers of the charge of the altar: these are the sons of Zadok among the sons of Levi, which come near to the Lord to minister unto him. 47 So he measured the court, an hundred cubits long, and an hundred cubits broad, foursquare; and the altar that was before the house. 48 And he brought me to the porch of the house, and measured each post of the porch, five cubits on this side, and five cubits on that side: and the breadth of the gate was three cubits on this side, and three cubits on that side. 49 The length of the porch was twenty cubits, and the breadth eleven cubits, and he brought me by the steps whereby they went up to it: and there were pillars by the posts, one on this side, and another on that side.

Dear Lord Jesus, help us to love one another as you have loved us. Let us be vessels for your healing love. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: https://bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply