Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2024, 07:08 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - February 23

Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you. Psalm 25:4-5

Do not for a moment suppose that you must make yourself better, or prepare your heart for a worthy reception of Christ, but come at once—come as you are. Archibald Alexander

Occupation with Christ brings delight." - William MacDonald

The Lord not only protects us but also gives us wisdom to handle the struggles of daily life.

We do our best and rely on the Lord to do the rest.

We can always rely on God at every moment of our lives.

God watches with us through every sleepless night.

In the middle of the night when we can’t sleep, we can meditate on God’s promise of peace and present our cares in prayer. We ask God to take away our anxiety and give us peace. And before long, slumber settles in and we're fast asleep.

God will never unfriend us. God’s forgiveness, love, and grace are ours regardless of our circumstances or our actions. All of us mess up. No one is perfect. Even when we make mistakes or sin deliberately, God promises to love us unconditionally. God’s caring arms remain open, waiting for us, for all eternity.

Do You Feel Forgotten? by Shine Morrison
“We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.” (Romans 12:6-8)
I love seasons especially when they involve the apple orchard. I see orchard workers laboring in the orchard throughout the year. In cold of winter when nobody even wants to go outside, they are out pruning, a task vital to the production of fruit in the summer. In the spring, the view of apple trees covered by blossoms is so beautiful. God has taught me a many lessons watching the orchard throughout the year, especially about His gifts.
This past autumn, I got to do one of my favorite things – pick leftover apples from orchards around my house! While I was picking, I began to think of God and His kingdom. Now, you might be thinking, “why don’t the pickers pick all the apples from the tree?” Here’s the reason: the apples left behind are either too small or visually unsellable. They didn’t meet the standards of the market, but they are still good to eat!
Isn’t an apple to be eaten and not just looked at? I thought of the Kingdom of God, wondering how it would be if we were apples, and God has treated us like a picker in the orchard. Those big beautiful apples be picked before any others and put on the shelf of successful ministries. But the small and odd shaped apples are left on the tree until they fall on the ground and rot. Even though they were still edible, there was no one to pick them and taste their flavor.
Have you ever wondered why some people get more ministry opportunities than you? You believe God has gifted you with something, but you don’t exactly know your calling. You might be in a ministry, but don’t feel like you are big enough, good enough or talented enough. You might be busy serving in your church but you feel forgotten because your ministry doesn’t seem as important as other people’s ministries. All of these questions, feelings and thoughts could end with the phrase “when I compare myself to others.”
Do you feel like an apple forgotten on the tree? Read Romans 12:6-8. You might feel so small and forgotten, but God certainly won’t forget about His creation. You are the apple of His eye! Remember, when He looks at you He says “Good!” You might feel like you are just “hanging on the tree” and not being used for His Kingdom, but you’ll never fall from His hand. He will never let you go! He will pick every apple from His Kingdom orchard, and there will be no leftovers!
Father, Show me the plans you have for me. Help me to see my gifts as you see them and be ready to act when you prompt me to. Amen.
Question: Are you feeling forgotten? Do you compare yourself to others? Ask God to show you where He wants to use you.

Five Ways God Uses Problems
The problems you face will either defeat you or develop you – depending on how you respond to them. Unfortunately, most people fail to see how God wants to use problems for good in their lives. They react foolishly and resent their problems rather than pausing to consider what benefit they might bring.
Here are five ways God wants to use the problems in your life:
1. God uses problems to DIRECT you. Sometimes God must light a fire under you to get you moving. Problems often point us in a new direction and motivate us to change. Is God trying to get your attention? Sometimes it takes a painful situation to make us change our ways. Proverbs 20:30 Blows that hurt cleanse away evil, As do stripes the inner depths of the heart.
2. God uses problems to INSPECT you. People are like tea bags…if you want to know what’s inside them, just drop them into hot ever water! Has God tested your faith with a problem What do problems reveal about you? When you have many kinds of troubles, you should be full of joy, because you know that these troubles test your faith, and this will give you patience. James 1:2-3 2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.
3. God uses problems to CORRECT you. Some lessons we learn only through pain and failure. It’s likely that as a child your parents told you not to touch a hot stove. But you probably learned by being burned. Sometimes we only learn the value of something…health, money, a relationship… by losing it. It was the best thing that could have happened to me, for it taught me to pay attention to Your laws. Psalm 119:71-72 71 It is good for me that I have been afflicted, That I may learn Your statutes. 72 The law of Your mouth is better to me Than thousands of coins of gold and silver.
4. God uses problems to PROTECT you. A problem can be a blessing in disguise if it prevents you from being harmed by something more serious. Last year a friend was fired for refusing to do something unethical that his boss had asked him to do. His unemployment was a problem – but it saved him from being convicted and sent to prison a year later when management’s actions were eventually discovered. You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good… Genesis 50:20 But as for you, you meant evil against me; but God meant it for good, in order to bring it about as it is this day, to save many people alive.
5. God uses problems to PERFECT you. Problems, when responded to correctly, are character builders. God is far more interested in your character than your comfort. We can rejoice when we run into problems… they help us learn to be patient. And patience develops strength of character in us and helps us trust God more each time we use it until finally our hope and faith are strong and steady. Romans 5:3-4 3 And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; 4 and perseverance, character; and character, hope.
Here’s the point: God is at work in your life – even when you do not recognize it or understand it. But it’s much easier and profitable when you cooperate with Him. Author Unknown

Are You Being Criticized?
Abraham Lincoln once declared that if he read all the criticisms directed at him, he would have had time for nothing else.

James Whitcomb Riley, when criticized by Ambrose Bierce, noted for his fierce temper, said, “I hit him with a chunk of silence.”

An indignant Bostonian rushed into the office of Edward Everett Hale, excited and angered over some criticism that had appeared in a newspaper. Mr. Hale said to him, “Now calm yourself. Not half the people in this city take that paper, and not half of those who take it read it, and not half of those who read it saw that particular item, and not half of those who read the statement believed it, and not half of those who believed it are of any consequence.”

Former Boston Red Sox third baseman Wade Boggs used to hate going to Yankee Stadium, not because of the Yankees, but because of a fan. The guy had a seat close to the field and when the Red Sox were in town he would torment Boggs by shouting obscenities and insults.
One day, Boggs decided he’d had enough. He walked directly over to the man and said, “Hey fella, are you the guy who’s always yelling at me?” The man said, “Yeah, it’s me. What are you going to do about it?”
Wade took a new baseball out of his pocket, autographed it, tossed it back to the man, and went back to the field to continue his pre-game routine. The man never yelled at Boggs again; in fact, he became one of Wade’s biggest fans at Yankee Stadium.
You may find yourself in Wade’s shoes someday. For no discernible reason, someone may decide not to like you. Our natural inclination is to fight back. But there is a better way to eliminate enemies once and for all.
On this subject, the Apostle Paul said, “Do not repay anyone evil for evil…if it possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone” (Romans 12:17-18). --Don Chisholm

Burnt Biscuits Author Unknown
When I was a kid, my mom liked to make breakfast food for dinner every now and then. And I remember one night in particular when she had made breakfast after a long, hard day at work.
On that evening so long ago, my mom placed a plate of eggs, sausage and extremely burned biscuits in front of my dad.
I remember waiting to see if anyone noticed! Yet all my dad did was reach for his biscuit, smile at my mom and ask me how my day was at school. I don't remember what I told him that night, but I do remember watching him smear butter and jelly on that biscuit and eat every bite!
When I got up from the table that evening, I remember hearing my mom apologize to my dad for burning the biscuits. And I'll never forget what he said: "Honey, I love burned biscuits."
Later that night, I went to kiss Daddy good night and I asked him if he really liked his biscuits burned. He wrapped me in his arms and said, "Your Momma put in a hard day at work today and she's real tired. And besides - a little burnt biscuit never hurt anyone!"
You know, life is full of imperfect things and imperfect people. I'm not the best at hardly anything, and I forget birthdays and anniversaries just like everyone else.
What I've learned over the years is that learning to accept each other's faults - and choosing to celebrate each other's differences - is one of the most important keys to creating a healthy, growing, and lasting relationship.
And that's my prayer for you today. That you will learn to take the good, the bad, and the ugly parts of your life and lay them at the feet of God. Because in the end, He's the only One who will be able to give you a relationship where a burnt biscuit isn't a deal-breaker!
We could extend this to any relationship. In fact, understanding is the base of any relationship, be it a husband- wife or parent-child or friendship!
God Bless You..... Now, and Always...
So Please pass me a biscuit, and yes, the burnt one will do just fine!

THE CARPENTER’S TOOLS Author Unknown
Brother Hammer served as the chairman. The other members of the tool belt informed him that he must leave, because he was too noisy. But brother Hammer said, “If I have to leave this carpenter's shop, then brother Gimlet must go too. He's insignificant and makes a very small impression.” (A gimlet is a small tool with a screw point, grooved shank, and a cross handle for boring holes).
Little brother Gimlet arose and said, “All right, but brother Screwdriver must go also. You have to turn him around and around to get anywhere with him.”
Brother Screwdriver turned to the other tools in the belt and said, “If you wish, I will go, but brother Plane must leave, too. All of his work is on the surface; there's no depth to what he does.”
To this brother Plane leveled his terse reply, “Well, then, brother Saw will have to depart too. The changes he proposes always cut too deep.”
Brother Saw complained, saying, “Brother Ruler will have to withdraw if I leave, for he's always measuring other folks as though he were the only one who is right.”
Brother Ruler then surveyed the group and said, “Brother Sandpaper doesn't belong here either. He's rougher than he ought to be, and is always rubbing people the wrong way.”
In the midst of the discussion, the Carpenter of Nazareth walked in. He had come to perform his day's work. He put on His tool belt and went to the workbench to make a pulpit. He employed the ruler, the saw, the plane, the hammer, the gimlet, the screwdriver, the sandpaper, and all the other tools. When the day's work was over, the pulpit was finished, and the carpenter went home. All the accusations against each of these tools were absolutely true, yet the carpenter used every one of them. No matter which tool He used, no other tool could have done the work better.
We are all “tools” in Jesus' tool box. Each of us has a purpose, ability, and a task to perform. “For we are God's fellow workers...” (1 Corinthians 3:9)

The Realm of Rituals By Jonathan Cahn
When you lose the fire, the zeal, and the first love of your faith, you'll often find yourself living in the realm of rituals...doing the right things, praying, going to service, worshiping, saying the right words, even abstaining from sin...but doing it no longer from your heart, OR from passion and love for God! Then you've entered the realm of rituals! Is that you? If so, then get back to the heart of worship, the heart of praise, the heart of serving, the heart of ministering, and the heart of obeying, the heart of repentance, and the heart of loving Him! For God doesn't want you to waste your life in the realm of rituals, but to come back to the realm of Him!

My Child...
You may not know me, but I know everything about you...Psalm 139:1
I know when you sit down and when you rise up...Psalm 139:2
I am familiar with all your ways...Psalm 139:3
Even the very hairs on your head are numbered...Matthew 10:29-31
For you were made in my image...Genesis 1:27
In me you live and move and have your being...Acts 17:28
For you are my offspring...Acts 17:28
I knew you even before you were conceived...Jeremiah 1:4-5
I chose you when I planned creation...Ephesians 1:11-12
You were not a mistake, for all your days are written in my book...Psalm 139:15-16
I determined the exact time of your birth and where you would live...Acts 17:26
You are fearfully and wonderfully made...Psalm 139:14
I knit you together in your mother's womb...Psalm 139:13
And brought you forth on the day you were born...Psalm 71:6
I have been misrepresented by those who don't know me...John 8:41-44
I am not distant and angry, but am the complete expression of love...1 John 4:16
And it is my desire to lavish my love on you...1 John 3:1
Simply because you are my child and I am your father...1 John 3:1
I offer you more than your earthly father ever could...Matthew 7:11
For I am the perfect father...Matthew 5:48
Every good gift that you receive comes from my hand...James 1:17
For I am your provider and I meet all your needs...Matthew 6:31-33
My plan for your future has always been filled with hope...Jeremiah 29:11
Because I love you with an everlasting love...Jeremiah 31:3
My thoughts toward you are countless as the sand on the seashore...Psalm 139:17-18
And I rejoice over you with singing...Zephaniah 3:17
I will never stop doing good to you...Jeremiah 32:40
For you are my treasured possession...Exodus 19:5
I desire to establish you with all my heart and all my soul...Jeremiah 32:41
And I want to show you great and marvelous things...Jeremiah 33:3
If you seek me with all your heart, you will find me...Deuteronomy 4:29
Delight in me and I will give you the desires of your heart...Psalm 37:4
For it is I who gave you those desires...Philippians 2:13
I am able to do more for you than you could possibly imagine...Ephesians 3:20
For I am your greatest encourager...2 Thessalonians 2:16-17
I am also the Father who comforts you in all your troubles...2 Corinthians 1:3-4
When you are brokenhearted, I am close to you...Psalm 34:18
As a shepherd carries a lamb, I have carried you close to my heart...Isaiah 40:11
One day I will wipe away every tear from your eyes...Revelation 21:3-4
And I'll take away all the pain you have suffered on this earth...Revelation 21:3-4
I am your Father, and I love you even as I love my son, Jesus...John 17:23
For in Jesus, my love for you is revealed...John 17:26
He is the exact representation of my being...Hebrews 1:3
He came to demonstrate that I am for you, not against you...Romans 8:31
And to tell you that I am not counting your sins...2 Corinthians 5:18-19
Jesus died so that you and I could be reconciled...2 Corinthians 5:18-19
His death was the ultimate expression of my love for you...1 John 4:10
I gave up everything I loved that I might gain your love...Romans 8:31-32
If you receive the gift of my son Jesus, you receive me...1 John 2:23
And nothing will ever separate you from my love again...Romans 8:38-39
Come home and I'll throw the biggest party heaven has ever seen...Luke 15:7
I have always been Father, and will always be Father...Ephesians 3:14-15
My question is...Will you be my child?...John 1:12-13
I am waiting for you...Luke 15:11-32
Love,
Your Dad.
Almighty God
Father Heart Communications Copyright 1999 www.FathersLoveLetter.com

The church choir was putting on a car wash to raise money to pay their expenses for a special trip. They made a large sign, CAR WASH FOR CHOIR TRIP, and on the given Saturday business was very good. But by two o'clock the skies clouded and the rain poured and there were hardly any customers.
Finally, one of the girl washers had an idea. She printed a very large poster which said, WE WASH (then an arrow pointing skyward) GOD RINSES. Business boomed! :)

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Yield to My work in you to bring you into order. When you walk in the Spirit and live in the Spirit, you will come under the rule of divine order, which will produce a great spiritual harvest in your life. Be aware, however, that worldly distractions and other interests will compete with life in the Spirit. You will need to put your priorities in order and maintain kingdom perspective, or you will be drawn away from what is eternally important, says the Lord. Stay connected! Galatians 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Complacency is a weapon formed against you. This is a time when you should be pressing through every hindrance to your relationship with Me, says the Lord. It is not a time to become self-satisfied or to justify spiritual laziness. The enemy has laid a snare for those who have become over-confident and careless. You live in troubled times, and it is vital that you establish the eternal kingdom in yourself and in your surroundings so that My light can shine in the darkness of the world. Luke 11:33-36 "No one, when he has lit a lamp, puts it in a secret place or under a basket, but on a lampstand, that those who come in may see the light. The lamp of the body is the eye. Therefore, when your eye is good, your whole body also is full of light. But when your eye is bad, your body also is full of darkness. Therefore take heed that the light which is in you is not darkness. If then your whole body is full of light, having no part dark, the whole body will be full of light, as when the bright shining of a lamp gives you light."

I speak to those of you who have put your lives on auto-pilot, thinking that you don't have to do anything to stay on course. But, I tell you truly that you need to do your part to stay connected spiritually. You must continue to seek My face, listen for My voice, and obey My word. The enemy of your soul will do his utmost to take you down a path that will be difficult to come back from. Stir the coals that will bring back the flame of desire to have sweet communion with Me, says the Lord. 1 Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.

Be careful what you share with others. Your words will either build up or tear down everyone who hears you. Expressing your worry, discouragement, disappointment, and anger will result in defiling those around you, and you will be held accountable for every negative or idle word spoken. (Mt. 12:36) Set a new standard for yourself to only speak as led by the Spirit, and refuse to backbite, gossip, criticize, judge, or tear people down. I am calling you, My Church, to a new spiritual level that can only be attained through righteousness and integrity. Don't miss the opportunities to access these greater heights, says the Lord. James 3:6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity. The tongue is so set among our members that it defiles the whole body, and sets on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire by hell.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
Listen, My people, and I will show you and will demonstrate the kingdom that I have in mind. Come forth in faith. Come forth full of excitement. Come forth, and I shall bring you into the land of discovery. In the process of time, you will indeed discover those things that have been hidden away from you for such a time as this. The discovery of these revelations will set you free, for they will bring you higher than ever you have been before. This time of discovery will lead to elevation, says the Lord God Most High.

"A Pack of Seeds" Written by Charles G. Ramsey
I bought myself a pack of seeds,
To grace my garden fair,
And stuck them in my pocket.
For months they waited there.
And when the time had come to see
The flower's lovely face,
I thought it strange that only weeds
Were growing in their place.
How foolish then,
God's Word, you have indeed.
You carry it or hide it
But do not plant the seed.
No fruit there grows in garden fair,
Unless the seed you sow.
For you the Word of God must plant,
Then God will make it grow.

The Love of Jesus By DaySpring
There's no love
more precious,
more costly,
more kingly!
There's no love
that's greater--
that's more
wonderful,
more wild,
more passionate,
more powerful--
than
the love of Jesus!
Believe, receive
and
rejoice forever
in the greatest love
the world
has ever known!

SLOW ME DOWN LORD by Wilferd A. Peterson
Slow me down, Lord!
Ease the pounding of my heart
By the quieting of my mind.
Steady my harried pace
With a vision of the eternal reach of time.
Give me,
Amidst the confusions of my day,
The calmness of the everlasting hills.
Break the tensions of my nerves
With the soothing music
Of the singing streams
That live in my memory.
Help me to know
The magical power of sleep,
Teach me the art
Of taking minute vacations
Of slowing down
To look at a flower;
To chat with an old friend
Or make a new one;
To pat a stray dog;
To watch a spider build a web;
To smile at a child;
Or to read a few lines from a good book.
Remind me each day
That the race is not always to the swift;
That there is more to life
Than increasing its speed.
Let me look upward
Into the branches of the towering oak
And know that it grew great and strong
Because it grew slowly and well.
Slow me down, Lord,
And inspire me to send my roots deep
Into the soil of life's enduring values
That I may grow toward the stars
Of my greater destiny.

'In the name of Jesus Christ, who was never in a hurry, we pray, O God, that You will slow us down, for we know that we live too fast.' Peter Marshall

Confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another, so that you may be healed. The prayer of the righteous is powerful and effective. James 5:16

Redemption in Christ
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, 4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, 5 having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, 6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.
7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace 8 which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence, 9 having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself, 10 that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth—in Him. 11 In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will, 12 that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory.
13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory. Ephesians 1:3-14

Qualities Needed in Trials
19 So then, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath; 20 for the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God. James 1:19-20

14 Now we exhort you, brethren, warn those who are unruly, comfort the fainthearted, uphold the weak, be patient with all. 15 See that no one renders evil for evil to anyone, but always pursue what is good both for yourselves and for all. 16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 19 Do not quench the Spirit. 20 Do not despise prophecies. 21 Test all things; hold fast what is good. 22 Abstain from every form of evil. 1 Thessalonians 5:14-21

1 Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness! You have relieved me in my distress; Have mercy on me, and hear my prayer. Psalm 4:1

Let brotherly love continue. 2 Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels. Hebrews 13:1

5 Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” 6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?” Hebrews 13:5-6

Tell the Secret Author Unknown
A woman named Vicki once knew a young person at church named Betty. Betty always seemed effervescent and happy, although Vicki knew she had faced struggles in her life. Her long-awaited marriage had quickly ended in divorce. She had struggled to get a grip on her single life. She hadn't chosen it, but she decided she would live it with utmost enjoyment and satisfaction. Betty was active in Sunday school, in the choir, as a leader of the junior high girls' group, and in the church renewal movement. Vicki enjoyed knowing Betty. Betty's whole face seemed to smile.
One day Vicki asked Betty, "How is it that you are always so happy, you have so much energy, and you never seem to get down?"
With her eyes smiling, Betty said, "I know the Secret!"
"What secret is that, what are you talking about?" Vicki asked.
Betty replied, "I'll tell you all about it, but you have to promise to share the Secret with others."
Vicki agreed, "Okay, now what is it?"
The Secret is this: "I have learned there is little I can do in my life that will make me truly happy. I must depend on God to make me happy and meet my needs. When a need arises in my life, I have to trust God to supply according to HIS riches. I have learned most of the time I don't need half of what I think I do. HE has never let me down. Since I learned that Secret I am happy."
Vicki's first thought was, That's too simple! But upon reflecting over her own life she recalled how she thought a bigger house would make her happy - but it didn't! She thought a better-paying job would make her happy - but it hadn't. When did she realize her greatest happiness? Sitting on the floor with her grandchildren, playing games, eating pizza or reading a story, a simple gift from God.
Betty knew the secret, Vicki learned the secret, and now you know it too! We can't depend on people to make us happy. Only GOD in His wisdom can do that. Trust HIM!
And now I pass the Secret on to you!

ANOTHER DAY by Grace E Easley
Lord thank You for another day,
Within this life of mine
Give me the strength to live it well,
Whatever I may find
Bestow from Your abundance,
Whatever I may lack
To use the hours wisely,
For I cannot have them back
Lord thank you for another day,
In which to make amends
For little slights or petty words,
Inflicted on my friends
For sometimes losing patience,
With problems that I find,
For seeing faults in other lives,
But not the ones in mine
Lord thank You for another chance,
In which to try to be
A little more deserving
Of the gifts You've given me
For yesterday is over,
And tomorrow's far away,
And I remain committed,
To the good I do today !

Read Through The Bible
Daniel 11
1 Also I in the first year of Darius the Mede, even I, stood to confirm and to strengthen him. 2 And now will I shew thee the truth. Behold, there shall stand up yet three kings in Persia; and the fourth shall be far richer than they all: and by his strength through his riches he shall stir up all against the realm of Grecia. 3 And a mighty king shall stand up, that shall rule with great dominion, and do according to his will. 4 And when he shall stand up, his kingdom shall be broken, and shall be divided toward the four winds of heaven; and not to his posterity, nor according to his dominion which he ruled: for his kingdom shall be plucked up, even for others beside those. 5 And the king of the south shall be strong, and one of his princes; and he shall be strong above him, and have dominion; his dominion shall be a great dominion. 6 And in the end of years they shall join themselves together; for the king's daughter of the south shall come to the king of the north to make an agreement: but she shall not retain the power of the arm; neither shall he stand, nor his arm: but she shall be given up, and they that brought her, and he that begat her, and he that strengthened her in these times. 7 But out of a branch of her roots shall one stand up in his estate, which shall come with an army, and shall enter into the fortress of the king of the north, and shall deal against them, and shall prevail: 8 And shall also carry captives into Egypt their gods, with their princes, and with their precious vessels of silver and of gold; and he shall continue more years than the king of the north. 9 So the king of the south shall come into his kingdom, and shall return into his own land. 10 But his sons shall be stirred up, and shall assemble a multitude of great forces: and one shall certainly come, and overflow, and pass through: then shall he return, and be stirred up, even to his fortress. 11 And the king of the south shall be moved with choler, and shall come forth and fight with him, even with the king of the north: and he shall set forth a great multitude; but the multitude shall be given into his hand. 12 And when he hath taken away the multitude, his heart shall be lifted up; and he shall cast down many ten thousands: but he shall not be strengthened by it. 13 For the king of the north shall return, and shall set forth a multitude greater than the former, and shall certainly come after certain years with a great army and with much riches. 14 And in those times there shall many stand up against the king of the south: also the robbers of thy people shall exalt themselves to establish the vision; but they shall fall. 15 So the king of the north shall come, and cast up a mount, and take the most fenced cities: and the arms of the south shall not withstand, neither his chosen people, neither shall there be any strength to withstand. 16 But he that cometh against him shall do according to his own will, and none shall stand before him: and he shall stand in the glorious land, which by his hand shall be consumed. 17 He shall also set his face to enter with the strength of his whole kingdom, and upright ones with him; thus shall he do: and he shall give him the daughter of women, corrupting her: but she shall not stand on his side, neither be for him. 18 After this shall he turn his face unto the isles, and shall take many: but a prince for his own behalf shall cause the reproach offered by him to cease; without his own reproach he shall cause it to turn upon him. 19 Then he shall turn his face toward the fort of his own land: but he shall stumble and fall, and not be found. 20 Then shall stand up in his estate a raiser of taxes in the glory of the kingdom: but within few days he shall be destroyed, neither in anger, nor in battle. 21 And in his estate shall stand up a vile person, to whom they shall not give the honour of the kingdom: but he shall come in peaceably, and obtain the kingdom by flatteries. 22 And with the arms of a flood shall they be overflown from before him, and shall be broken; yea, also the prince of the covenant. 23 And after the league made with him he shall work deceitfully: for he shall come up, and shall become strong with a small people. 24 He shall enter peaceably even upon the fattest places of the province; and he shall do that which his fathers have not done, nor his fathers' fathers; he shall scatter among them the prey, and spoil, and riches: yea, and he shall forecast his devices against the strong holds, even for a time. 25 And he shall stir up his power and his courage against the king of the south with a great army; and the king of the south shall be stirred up to battle with a very great and mighty army; but he shall not stand: for they shall forecast devices against him. 26 Yea, they that feed of the portion of his meat shall destroy him, and his army shall overflow: and many shall fall down slain. 27 And both of these kings' hearts shall be to do mischief, and they shall speak lies at one table; but it shall not prosper: for yet the end shall be at the time appointed. 28 Then shall he return into his land with great riches; and his heart shall be against the holy covenant; and he shall do exploits, and return to his own land. 29 At the time appointed he shall return, and come toward the south; but it shall not be as the former, or as the latter. 30 For the ships of Chittim shall come against him: therefore he shall be grieved, and return, and have indignation against the holy covenant: so shall he do; he shall even return, and have intelligence with them that forsake the holy covenant. 31 And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate. 32 And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits. 33 And they that understand among the people shall instruct many: yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil, many days. 34 Now when they shall fall, they shall be holpen with a little help: but many shall cleave to them with flatteries. 35 And some of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make them white, even to the time of the end: because it is yet for a time appointed. 36 And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done. 37 Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all. 38 But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things. 39 Thus shall he do in the most strong holds with a strange god, whom he shall acknowledge and increase with glory: and he shall cause them to rule over many, and shall divide the land for gain. 40 And at the time of the end shall the king of the south push at him: and the king of the north shall come against him like a whirlwind, with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter into the countries, and shall overflow and pass over. 41 He shall enter also into the glorious land, and many countries shall be overthrown: but these shall escape out of his hand, even Edom, and Moab, and the chief of the children of Ammon. 42 He shall stretch forth his hand also upon the countries: and the land of Egypt shall not escape. 43 But he shall have power over the treasures of gold and of silver, and over all the precious things of Egypt: and the Libyans and the Ethiopians shall be at his steps. 44 But tidings out of the east and out of the north shall trouble him: therefore he shall go forth with great fury to destroy, and utterly to make away many. 45 And he shall plant the tabernacles of his palace between the seas in the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, and none shall help him.

Be With Me 3/05 by Marian Jones
Be with me, God, when I'm happy
And all of my skies are blue;
Don't let me take life for granted
But for ever be thankful to You.
Be with me, God, when I'm sad
And my heart is filled with pain;
Help me to always remember
I'll walk in the sunshine again.
Be with me, God, when I wander
Away from the path I should tread;
Gently guide me home once more,
Only You knows what lies ahead.
Be with me, God, for all of the years
Safe in your loving care.
I'll not let my faith ever waver
For I know You will always be there.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: https://bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply