Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Recovery Readings
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Recovery Readings Start your day here with Daily Recovery Readings. Feel Free To Share Your Experience, Strength & Hope.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-20-2017, 05:53 AM   #21
bluidkiti
Administrator

AA Thought for the Day

April 20

Willpower
If you are satisfied that he is a real alcoholic, begin to dwell on the hopeless
feature of the malady. Show him, from your own experience, how the queer mental
condition surrounding that first drink prevents normal functioning of the will power.
- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 92

Thought to Ponder . . .
Willpower ... our will-ingness to use a Higher Power.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
H E A L = Helping Every Alcoholic Live.

~*~A.A. Thoughts For The Day~*~

Faith
"In this book you read again and again
that faith did for us what we could not do for ourselves.
We hope you are convinced now that God
can remove whatever self-will has blocked you off from Him.
If you have already made a decision,
and an inventory of your grosser handicaps,
you have made a good beginning.
That being so, you have swallowed and digested
some big chunks of truth about yourself."
Alcoholics Anonymous, pp. 70-1

Thought to Consider . . .
Faith isn't belief without proof;
it's trust without reservation.

*~*~*AACRONYMS*~*~*
F A I T H = Finding Answers In The Heart

*~*~*~*~*^Just For Today!^*~*~*~*~*

Balance
>From "Self-Pity":
When we catch self-pity starting, we also can take action against it with instant bookkeeping. For every entry of misery
on the debit side, we find a blessing we can mark on the credit side. What health we have, what illnesses we don't
have, the sunny weather, a good meal a-coming, limbs intact, kindnesses shown and received, a sober 24 hours, a
good hour's work, a good book to read, and many other items can be totaled up to outbalance the debit entries that cause self-pity.
1998 AAWS, Inc.; Living Sober, p. 58

~*~*~*~*^ Grapevine Quote ^*~*~*~*~*

"To want nothing -- to know that we cannot make anything happen -- brings inner and outer joy, total fulfillment. The
earth and the heavens and ourselves become one, and in this state of spontaneous surrender, we discover the deep,
spiritual constancy in everyday living that we were looking for all along."
September 1974
"Awareness,"
AA Grapevine

~*~*~*~*^ Big Book & Twelve N' Twelve Quotes of the Day ^*~*~*~*~*

"Outsiders are sometimes shocked when we burst into merriment over a seemingly tragic experience out of the past.
But why shouldn't we laugh? We have recovered, and have been given the power to help others."
~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, The Family Afterward, pg. 132~

"We feel as though we had been placed in a position of neutrality
safe and protected. We have not even sworn off. Instead, the problem
has been removed. It does not exist for us. We are neither cocky nor
are we afraid. That is our experience. That is how we react so long
as we keep in fit spiritual condition."
~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, Into Action, Page 85~

Third, all you really need is a truly open mind.
-Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions p. 26

Misc. AA Literature - Quote

Trouble: Constructive or Destructive?
There was a time when we ignored trouble, hoping it would go away. Or, in fear and in depression, we ran from it, but
found it was still with us. Often, full of unreason, bitterness, and blame, we fought back. These mistaken attitudes,