Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-14-2016, 04:05 PM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default I am unique!

Quote:
You are reading from the book Today's Gift

You are here for a purpose. There is not a duplicate of you in the whole wide world; there never has been, there never will be. You were brought here now to fill a certain need. Take time to think that over.
—Lou Austin

No other person is exactly like you or me. No one can do exactly what we can, or touch another person in exactly the way we can. Out of all the people who could have been created, we were chosen to be a part of this time and place.

We are needed to fulfill a plan, in our families as well as in our relationships. Knowing we have unique abilities, we will spend less time feeling jealous of what others can do.

Through our dreams and yearnings, God shows us who we can be. It is up to us to have the courage to follow that dream with action.

What unique gift can I offer the world today?
Loved this reading. I fell in love with the word 'unique' early in recovery. It sounded so much better than different. We are not unique in the fact that we are the only one with this disease, other people have trod similiar paths. We are unique in what happened to us and how it happened. Our trauma may not seem traumatic to others, but it was traumatic to us.

Our gifts to others in recovery is the sharing of that journey. We share with the hope that some of our words my help another who walked a similar path or wishes to walk a similar path in recovery.

We each have different gifts. We each express ourselves differently. Not everyone has the gift of gab that I have. So often people can say what I say in a lot less words.

I love pictures. They in themselves tell a story for me. They certainly add to them. Most times, I am led to a picture and I feel if fits the topic, but many times, I just post it because I like it and want to share it with you.

I do have a strange sense of humour, so not sure everyone gets the meaning. LOL!

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply