Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-24-2014, 10:27 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - 4/25

When you feel your best God is right in your heart. When you are fearful, frustrated, alone and struggling God is right there in your heart. He is never so far away that you cannot find him. He is never so out of touch that he does not understand. In your greatest moment or your worst fear God is in your heart willing and able to see you through. He feels with your pain, cries with your tears and giggles with your greatest joys. -- Melinda Clements

There are certain things in this life that God can reveal to us only in the midst of adversity. There are hidden places deep in our souls He can reach only through our suffering. -- Mary Nelson

God’s salvation is not a purchase to be made, nor wages to be earned, nor a summit to be climbed, nor a task to be accomplished; but it is simply and only a gift to be accepted, and can only be accepted by faith. -- Hannah Whitall Smith

Whoever we are, wherever we are, God loves us.

God provides each of us with opportunities to serve.

God comes to us in the small details of every day.

In times of trouble, listen for God's voice.

Do You Feel The Heat? by Rhonda DeYoung
A refiner in Biblical times had a special way of purifying his silver. Using a large pot, he placed ore (with a high silver content that was mined from the earth) inside. He would build a huge, blazing fire underneath and carefully waited and watched as the contents started to melt. First he skimmed large amounts of sediment from the top with a wooden spoon. Knowing the silver was not pure he made the fire hotter by add more wood to the already bright flames.
Soon the intense heat would cause impure particles to surface and these, too, were skimmed off of the liquid metal. Still not satisfied with the refinement, the worker turned up the heat with an even hotter flame by using his densest wood. Although this was a long process, the refiner never left his post. He doesn't want to injure the silver by leaving it on the heat too long.
"It is ready" he announced to his new apprentice. With a questioning look the young man readies the molds. The master refiner removed the pot from the heat and allowed the apprentice to look inside. He announced, "You know the silver is perfectly refined when you can see a reflection of yourself. Now it is ready for use."
When was the last time the "heat" was turned up in your life? Maybe your relationships seemed to burn your broken heart or a health problem felt like constant fire or the all-too-common financial hot coals were burning your pocket book. What knowledge or change of personality or insight did you gain from the experience?
The intention of the high heat allowed God to remove the sediment from your character that kept Him from seeing His reflection in your life. He refined character with the blazing warmth of troublesome times in order to remove any particles of self-reliance or disobedience. The surface of a heated heart shimmered with hope. His image soon appeared, as an outline of The Refiner's Reflection. That last bit of high temperature brought into focus a clear image of the Refiner. You are ready for his use.
Zechariah 13:9 "This third I will bring into the fire; I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on my name and I will answer them; I will say, 'They are my people,' and they will say, 'The LORD is our God.'"

Old Hat Author Unknown
"I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands" (Isaiah 49:15b-16)
When neighbors moved into a nearby home, they were in their backyard all the time. Barbecues, parties, just hanging out. Now, a year later, they are seldom outside. The fun and thrill of the new tropical patio has become "old hat".
For us, places, things, jobs, toys, even people and relationships can become routine and lose their sparkle. Sometimes we want something new altogether, more interesting, more exciting.
Some good news is simple, but true, and that is... "we never become old hat to God". His thoughts are ever towards us. He cares for us constantly, and continually. We are ever on His mind and in His thoughts, our names are even written on His palms so He will be sure to not forget!
Great, enduring, lasting is His love for us. We are not and never will be old hat to our heavenly Father.

Hope in the Midst of Hassles Author Unknown
Hope in the Midst of Hassles“I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” – Romans 8:38-39
If you read today’s headlines in the newspaper you can get pretty depressed. Yes, at times life looks pretty hopeless. But if we keep our eyes on our Lord Jesus Christ, we can have hope even in the midst of difficult circumstances. We can be comforted by Paul’s words found in Romans 8:31: “If God is for us, who can be against us?” God is for you, and through His love you can find hope! Here are four reasons why you can remain hopeful in the midst of confusing circumstances.
1. Jesus will win the final victory. One day an old janitor was sitting in the gymnasium of a theological seminary reading the book of Revelation. One of the young theologians sat down beside him and asked him, “Do you understand all the symbolism?” The janitor replied, “No, absolutely not, but I have figured out that Jesus wins, and that’s comforting to know because I’m on His side.”
Jesus told these words to the apostle John: “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life” (Revelation 21:6).
2. Jesus sets you free. Jesus said, “You will know the truth and the truth will set you free.” In Christ you can have hope because you have been set free from your sin. You are free to be all that God desires you to be without the constraints of your past. You can know the meaning of abundant life because of what Christ did for you on the cross.
3. There is no condemnation for those in Christ. In Christ you are a new creation. Romans 8:1, 2 puts it best: “There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.” Even though we deserve death and spiritual separation from God, we have new beginnings and eternal life in Jesus Christ. Talk about a reason for hope!
4. God’s love transcends human understanding. Because God loves us, we are “more than conquerors” (Romans 8:37) through Christ. God loves you and wants the best for you. His love will give you hope even in the bleakest of circumstances. There is a light always shining, and the light is the love of God. In Him YOU can find hope.

MASTER OF SOLUTIONS by Melanie Schurr
"There are no problems, only solutions."
Without a doubt, this has been the most difficult few years of my life. A small crisis within our home has pierced our otherwise comfortable existence, and yet, even in the turmoil, light has overcome darkness.
During the onset of our struggle I was angry, frustrated and felt overwhelmed. "Why us, God? Why us?" I would ask, and although my answer did not come as immediately as I would have preferred, the Lord did reply later by showing me truth. This truth was the knowledge that there is no such thing as earthly perfection, and each and every human being will face adversity at some time in their life. However, God is greater than any problem.
Whether it is sickness, disease, relationship struggles or some other hardship, our life journey will never be perfect because perfection is only found in the Divine. Along with the beauty of laughs and smiles will be the sting of painful tears, disappointments and shattered dreams. Relationships may fail and jobs may fall through, yet will we allow these bumps along the path to alter our ability to possess peace, even joy?
The answer, my dear friends, is no!
How we perceive crisis when it occurs can either make or break our peace of mind, as well as affect the outcome of the situation. As the above quote conveys, nothing is really a problem because there will always be solutions.
The greatest lesson I learned this year is the phrase "Let go, and let God." The most successful solution to any problem we may face, no matter how large or small, is to trust in God.
As we act to resolve problems, we should never go it alone, but to lay the issue in the hands of the Lord; knowing that where our earthly abilities may be limited, He alone is able to do all things! While man may tell us a situation is hopeless, with God there is always hope!
And so, after doing everything possible to resolve my family's personal crisis on our own, I remembered my faith in God, and began to cleave to the Lord in a way that I have never before had to surrender in trust. Daily, I pray about the matter, then I hand the matter over to God, knowing that I have done my part, and now it is time for Him to take over. As hard a period as this has emotionally been, it has ironically also been the richest in wisdom. No longer do I feel overwhelmed by the problem, because I now know that all the worry in the world will not help resolve the matter, and in fact, will only add to my own emotional distress.
Today, I encourage you to hand any problems you may be facing over to the capable arms of the Lord. Feel the peace and freedom which follows the leap of faith, and know that God is the Master of miraculous solutions.

DAILY DECLARATION
Just as we fall beside the road, discouraged with life, Bowed down with the load, we lift our eyes, And what seemed a dead end Is the street of dreams, Where we meet a friend!
I declare I will live victoriously!
I was created in the image of God.
I have the DNA of a winner.
I am wearing a crown of favor.
Royal blood flows through my veins.
I will live with purpose, passion, and praise, knowing that I was destined to live in victory!
This is my declaration today!
“Father, thank You for adopting me into the Family of God and turning my “dead ends” into streets of dreams!” AMEN --Mom's Daily Moment of Meditation

The Painting Author Unknown
Years ago, there was a very wealthy man who, with his devoted young son, shared a passion for art collecting. Together they traveled around the world, adding only the finest art treasures to their collection. Priceless works by Picasso, Van Gogh, Monet and many others adorned the walls of the family estate.
The widowed elder man looked on with satisfaction, as his only child became an experienced art collector. The son's trained eye and sharp business mind caused his father to beam with pride as they dealt with art collectors around the world.
As winter approached, war engulfed the nation, and the young man left to serve his country. After only a few short weeks, his father received a telegram. His beloved son was missing in action. The art collector anxiously awaited more news, fearing he would never see his son again.
Within days, his fears were confirmed. The young man had died while rushing a fellow soldier to a medic. Distraught and lonely, the old man faced the upcoming Easter holidays with anguish and sadness. The joy of the season, a season that he and his son had so looked forward to, would visit his house no longer. On Easter morning, a knock on the door awakened the depressed old man.
As he walked to the door, the masterpieces of art on the walls only reminded him that his son was not coming home. As he opened the door, he was greeted by a soldier with a large package in his hand. He introduced himself to the man by saying, "I was a friend of your son. I was the one he was rescuing when he died. May I come in for a few moments? I have something to show you."
As the two began to talk, the soldier told of how the man's son had told everyone of his father's love of fine art. "I'm an artist," said the soldier, "and I want to give you this." As the old man unwrapped the package, the paper gave way to reveal a portrait of the man's son. Though the world would never consider it the work of a genius, the painting featured the young man's face in striking detail.
Overcome with emotion, the man thanked the soldier, promising to hang the picture above the fireplace. A few hours later, after the soldier had departed, the old man set about his task.
True to his word, the painting went above the fireplace, pushing aside thousands of dollars of paintings. And then the man sat in his chair and spent Easter gazing at the gift he had been given. During the days and weeks that followed, the man realized that even though his son was no longer with him, the boy's life would live on because of those he had touched. He would soon learn that his son had rescued dozens of wounded soldiers before a bullet stilled his caring heart.
As the stories of his son's gallantry continued to reach him, fatherly pride and satisfaction began to ease the grief. The painting of his son soon became his most prized possession, far eclipsing any interest in the pieces for which museums around the world clamored. He told his neighbors it was the greatest gift he had ever received. The following spring, the old man became ill and passed away. The art world was in anticipation.
With the collector's passing, and his only son dead, those paintings would be sold at an auction. According to the will of the old man, all of the art works would be auctioned on Easter day, the day he had received his greatest gift.
The day soon arrived. Art collectors from around the world gathered to bid on some of the world's most spectacular paintings. Dreams would be fulfilled this day; greatness would be achieved as many would claim "I have the greatest collection." The auction began with a painting that was not on any museum's list. It was the painting of the man's son.
The auctioneer asked for an opening bid. The room was silent. "Who will open the bidding with $100?" he asked. Minutes passed. No one spoke. From the back of the room came, "Who cares about that painting? It's just a picture of his son. Let's forget it and go on to the good stuff." More voices echoed in agreement.
"No, we have to sell this one first," replied the auctioneer.
"Now, who will take the son?" Finally, a friend of the old man and his son spoke. "Will you take ten dollars for the painting? That's all I have. I knew the boy, so I'd like to have it."
"I have ten dollars. Will anyone go higher?" called the auctioneer. After more silence, the auctioneer said, "Going once, going twice. Gone." The gavel fell. Cheers filled the room and someone exclaimed, "Now we can get on with it and we can bid on these treasures!"
The auctioneer looked at the audience and announced the auction was over.
Stunned disbelief quieted the room. Someone spoke up and asked, "What do you mean it's over? We didn't come here for a picture of some old guy's son. What about all of these paintings? There are millions of dollars of art here! I demand that you explain what's going on here!"
The auctioneer replied, "It's very simple. According to the will of the father, whoever takes the son... gets it all!"
Just as those art collectors discovered on that Easter day, the message is still the same - the love of a Father - a Father whose greatest joy came from His Son who left his home and gave his life rescuing others. And because of that Father's love... whoever takes the Son gets it all.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son; that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (John 3:16)

No Matter Which Way The Wind Blows Author Unknown
The story is told of a preacher who was out for a walk in the countryside when he stopped by a farmhouse for a drink of water. As he sipped from his glass, he struck up a conversation with the old farmer who lived there.
As they spoke, the preacher noticed that the farmer's barn had a weathervane on it that was spinning around in the wind, which was picking up. On the weathervane the words "God is Love" were engraved.
The preacher turned to the farmer and said, "I have to say I don't think that's a very good way to talk about God's love. Are you saying His love is wishy-washy and changes, depending on which way the wind blows?"
"Not at all," replied the farmer. "That weathervane is saying, 'No matter which way the wind blows, God is Love'."

Kodak Moment Author Unknown
A little boy walked to and from school daily. Though the weather that morning was questionable and clouds were forming, he made his daily trek to the elementary school. As the afternoon progressed, the winds whipped up, along with thunder and lightning. The mother of the little boy felt concerned that her son would be frightened as he walked home from school and she herself feared that the electrical storm might harm her child. Following the roar of thunder, lightning would cut through the sky like a flaming sword. Full of concern, the mother quickly got into her car and drove along the route to her child's school. As she did so, she saw her little boy walking along, but at each flash of lightning, the child would stop, look up and smile. Another and another were to follow quickly and with each flash the little boy would look at the streak of light and smile. When the mother's car drew up beside the child, she lowered the window and called to him, "What are you doing? Why do you keep stopping?" The child answered, "I am trying to look nice. God keeps taking my picture." May God bless you today as you face the storms that come your way. And don't forget to SMILE! Have a Beautiful Day!

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
You may feel like you are flying blind at the moment, unable to see where you're going. Just wait for My direction before you take another step. This is a new day and a new time when even what has been familiar will suddenly seem unfamiliar and strange. This is definitely a time when you must walk by faith and not by sight, says the Lord. Trust Me! 2 Corinthians 5:7 For we walk by faith, not by sight.

I have opened the door to My secret place so that you can come in and learn of Me. The season you have entered has a mysterious element, but if you come through that door, you will discover that which has been shrouded in mystery. You will have revelation that transcends your intellectual understanding. You will be able to walk in the Spirit unhindered, says the Lord. Galatians 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

This is a time when you can make plans for the days ahead, but after you decide what you want to do, hold your plans loosely. Hold them in your heart as with an open hand so that I can still have My way with you. Be flexible, and allow Me to change the details or even your direction. The facts are not all available to you at this time, but they will unfold with time, says the Lord. You belong to Me; let Me direct your steps. Psalms 32:8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye.

Beloved, you have now crossed the bridge of transition into the new season and entered through the door that opened to the path ahead of you. However, you have encountered fog so that you cannot see more than one step ahead of you. I tell you not to be afraid or allow the feeling of being unsettled to overtake you. You are in a place of silence, but that will give way to a time of purification and of preparation for what is ahead, says the Lord. Zechariah 2:13 "Be silent, all flesh, before the LORD, for He is aroused from His holy habitation!"

You are still in the process of bringing all things into order. This is very similar to the necessity of a computer or equipment upgrade except that it is on a spiritual level. This is no time to apply a patch to your circumstances; you need to access life in the Spirit in a new way, says the Lord. The freshness that is available will require your letting go of things that no longer work for you before you can move into the light of truth and purity. Psalm 24:3-4 Who may ascend into the hill of the LORD? Or who may stand in His holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, Who has not lifted up his soul to an idol, nor sworn deceitfully.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
Awaken! Awaken, My people. Awaken so I can speak to you, so I can lead you, and so that I can provide for you. Walk without fear or trepidation; with full confidence that I will go before you and make the crooked places straight. I will lead you in the way of righteousness. I will be with you in these the days of My glory as it is poured out upon My beloved people, which people you are. Walk in the newness of life, and be refreshed and renewed.

Let The Walls Down
If you can open up your heart
And let your love shine through...
God will fill you with His grace
And He'll draw close to you.
If you can share your very soul
With others on your way...
Loneliness will disappear
And peace will come to stay.
God planned for us to build a bridge
To reach the other side...
Forming friendships as we go
And choosing not to hide.
Building walls can lock us in
And keep God's blessings out...
A heart that's closed can never learn
What love is all about.
Don't be afraid of what you'll find,
Just let those walls come down...
Cross the bridge to the other side;
Love waits on holy ground.
(Jill Lemming)

Days Of Inspiration
Monday - Wash Day
Lord, help me wash away all my selfishness and vanity, so I may serve you with perfect humility through the week ahead.
Tuesday - Ironing Day
Dear Lord, help me iron out all the wrinkles of prejudice. I have collected through the years so that I may see the beauty in others.
Wednesday - Mending Day
God, help me mend my ways so I will not set a bad example for others.
Thursday - Cleaning Day
Lord Jesus, help me to dust out all the many faults I have been hiding in the secret corners of my heart.
Friday - Shopping Day
O God, give me the grace to shop wisely so I may purchase eternal happiness for myself and all others in need of love.
Saturday - Cooking Day
Help me, my Savior, to brew a big kettle of brotherly love and serve it with clean, sweet bread of human kindness.
Sunday - The Lord's Day
O God, I have prepared my house for you. Please come into my heart as my honored guest so I may spend the day and the rest of my life in your presence.
Author Unknown

Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time: casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you. 1 Peter 5:6-7

"...let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father." Matthew 5:16

“Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.” James 1:2-4

But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect. 1 Peter 3:15

For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. Romans 15:4

Do not offer the parts of your body to sin, as instruments of wickedness,but rather offer yourselves to God, as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer the parts of your body to him as instruments of righteousness. Romans 6:13

For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness. Psalm 84:10

A righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all. Psalm 34:19

The salvation of the righteous comes from the LORD; he is their stronghold in time of trouble. The LORD helps them and delivers them; he delivers them from the wicked and saves them, because they take refuge in him. Psalm 37:39-40

Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other. Galatians 5:25

Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee. Psalm 143:8

Let Your Light Shine by The Vine
You are the light of the world. A city located on a hill can't be hidden. - Matthew 5:14
Every Christian is a candle shining in this dark world. The Bible speaks of the spirit of man as the candle of the Lord. In the natural state, before regeneration we are unlighted candles. We are candles, however, capable of being lighted; for God made us in His own image, though sin has put out the flame or left it only a smoking, smouldering spark. But a thousand unlighted candles in a dark room would not make the room light; so when we receive Christ into our hearts, the Holy Spirit touches these candles with the divine flame, and they begin to shine. Thus every believer becomes really a candle of the Lord.
We must remember that we never can shine of ourselves; that we are light only as we are lighted by the life of Christ in us. We are to let our light shine - that is, we are to keep the wick trimmed, so that the flame shall be always bright; and we are to keep the windows of our life clean, so that the beams may pour out without hindrance. We are also to be sure always to have reserves of oil to replenish our lamps when they burn low; that is, we must live in constant communion with Christ, abiding in Him, that we may draw always from His fullness.
Then, each one in his own place, we must give light to other lives, and make the one little spot in this world that is close about us brighter and happier with love and grace.

A Simple Prayer
Today, For what I am that I ought not to be, Forgive me.
For what I am not that I ought to be, Forgive me.
Be with my mouth in what it speaks
Be with my hands in what they do
Be with my mind in what it thinks
Be with my heart in what it feels
Work in me ...through me ...for me ...in spite of me
In the precious name of Jesus, Amen

Read Through The Bible
2 Chronicles 19
1 When Jehoshaphat king of Judah returned safely to his palace in Jerusalem, 2 Jehu the seer, the son of Hanani, went out to meet him and said to the king, “Should you help the wicked and love those who hate the Lord? Because of this, the wrath of the Lord is on you. 3 There is, however, some good in you, for you have rid the land of the Asherah poles and have set your heart on seeking God.”
Jehoshaphat Appoints Judges
4 Jehoshaphat lived in Jerusalem, and he went out again among the people from Beersheba to the hill country of Ephraim and turned them back to the Lord, the God of their ancestors. 5 He appointed judges in the land, in each of the fortified cities of Judah. 6 He told them, “Consider carefully what you do, because you are not judging for mere mortals but for the Lord, who is with you whenever you give a verdict. 7 Now let the fear of the Lord be on you. Judge carefully, for with the Lord our God there is no injustice or partiality or bribery.” 8 In Jerusalem also, Jehoshaphat appointed some of the Levites, priests and heads of Israelite families to administer the law of the Lord and to settle disputes. And they lived in Jerusalem. 9 He gave them these orders: “You must serve faithfully and wholeheartedly in the fear of the Lord. 10 In every case that comes before you from your people who live in the cities—whether bloodshed or other concerns of the law, commands, decrees or regulations—you are to warn them not to sin against the Lord; otherwise his wrath will come on you and your people. Do this, and you will not sin. 11 “Amariah the chief priest will be over you in any matter concerning the Lord, and Zebadiah son of Ishmael, the leader of the tribe of Judah, will be over you in any matter concerning the king, and the Levites will serve as officials before you. Act with courage, and may the Lord be with those who do well.”

Thank you, Lord, for beauty in nature, for friends and family, for strength and health, for men and women in medical science, and most of all, for the incredible blessing of life. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply