Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-25-2016, 07:56 PM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default Fear vs Faith

Quote:
Today, I don't always like the thought of it, but on the whole, I embrace it in today. I know that when I go through it, things always seem to be better when I get to the other side.

I think I also associate grief with it, and know that as a result of the change I will be going through the grief, and I know that a lot of my grief, is rooted in my past. Much of it is compounded interest and it is not just what is going on in today; it is a learned behavior or pattern either learned prior to recovery or a new thing I chose to do in early recovery and now no longer serves me in today.

When I went to treatment, I was taught five stages. I have read Melody Beattie's Codependent No More and the Language of Letting Go, and there were five stages there. Today when I did a search, they are now saying there are seven.

http://www.recover-from-grief.com/7-...-of-grief.html

So when it comes to fear, it is how do I go about changing it into faith. For me, it means prayer, often asking for the willingness to be willing to change. Turning it over to my Higher Power and asking for courage, strength and direction.

I know that He will see me through, and it is for my Higher Good. Because as we all know, if He leads us to it, He will see us through it. Even if it is my choice, He is there. I may have to go through change again, to change it back, but whatever way you look at it, it is change and my God is with me.

What I know is that I don't have to use as a result of it.

www.naworks.org/jft/12-12.html

Posted on another site in 2011

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply