Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2016, 12:40 PM   #1
Spiritual Engineer

Default A campfire is easier to extinguish than a blazing forest fire; handling small pro

Common sense dictates that extinguishing a small fire is much easier than trying to control a roaring inferno. The same logic applies to our problems and discontent. Yes, there are problems that come out of nowhere; we have no warning until faced with the raging blaze that demands immediate resolution. But more often, we encounter a situation that provokes discontent or anxiety and ignore it; however, it keeps returning and gains strength until it bursts into a must-be-solved problem. We can either handle small problems or allow them to grow into giants.

We do not immediately attack every minor annoyance in our life but we evaluate each situation to determine 1) what are the possible consequences if left unattended? 2) Will it keep repeating and be a recurring drain our well-being? 3) Is it just easier to handle right now and put behind us? 4) How important is it really? This conscious, systematic evaluation and subsequent action will prevent many internal forest fires.

Prayer: My wonderful and always present divine spirit, I may face situations that challenge my peace today. I strive to live a spiritual life but my initial reaction often comes from my human characteristics; I over-react or just want to ignore the disturbance. Help me to be patient, tolerant, and loving in my response; guide me to pause and ask for strength and guidance when challenged. Help me discern if this annoyance is best ignored or is something I must handle now to prevent future problems.
Take three relaxing breaths; ask your inner spirit to guide your meditation; reflect on the content, pausing for a few minutes in silence.
Spiritual Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Spiritual Engineer For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply