Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Recovery Readings
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Recovery Readings Start your day here with Daily Recovery Readings. Feel Free To Share Your Experience, Strength & Hope.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-24-2015, 10:01 AM   #24
bluidkiti
Administrator

AA Thought for the Day

April 24

Discovery
By discovering what our emotional deformities are, we can move toward their correction.
Without a willing and persistent effort to do this, there can be little sobriety or contentment for us.
Without a searching and fearless moral inventory,
most of us have found that the faith which really works in daily living is still out of reach.
- Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, p. 43

Thought to Ponder . . .
Recovery is discovery.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
F A I T H = Facing An Inner Truth Heals.

~*~A.A. Thoughts For The Day~*~

Language of the Heart
"As we better use the
'language of the heart,'
our communications grow apace:
already we find ourselves in a safe passage through
all those barriers of distance and language,
of social distinctions,
nationality and creed,
that so divide the world of our time."
Bill W., AA Today, published on the occasion of AA's twenty-fifth anniversary.
The Language of the Heart, pp. 309-10

Thought to Consider . . .
I am responsible for carrying the message.
I am not responsible for anyone receiving the message.

*~*~*AACRONYMS*~*~*
HEART
Healing Enjoying And Recovering Together

*~*~*~*~*^Just For Today!^*~*~*~*~*

Accountability
>From "The Three Legacies of Alcoholics Anonymous":
"It was evident that here was a world-wide movement that had no direct access to its own principal service affairs. The
Trustees had authority over our services; A.A. itself had no authority. The simple trusteeship had been the ideal
guardian for our infancy and adolescence, but how in future years could it possibly go on functioning as it had?
"At first we had talked vaguely about a hand-picked advisory council or an elected conference of some sort. But since
there was no imminent danger, no action was taken.
"Following a long plea for an elected A.A. conference and other reforms, and after having pointed out that the Trustees
had all the authority there was, with no responsibility to anyone, even to Dr. Bob and me.
"I set out on the road in 1948 to sound out among the groups the possibility of an elected conference to which the Board
of Trustees could eventually become accountable. Bill W."
2001 AAWS, Inc.; Alcoholics Anonymous Comes of Age, pgs. 210-11

*~*~*~*~*^ Grapevine Quote ^*~*~*~*~*

"I look upon a pain in my feelings as temporary indigestion of the mind. When I get a stomach-ache, it is generally
because I've eaten something that hasn't agreed with me. Likewise, my mental indigestion comes from some story, bit
of gossip or circumstance that I've swallowed without thinking."
Elmhurst, New York, March 1950
"Got a Pain in Your Feelings?,"
Emotional Sobriety II: The Next Frontier

~*~*~*~*^ Big Book & Twelve N' Twelve Quotes of the Day ^*~*~*~*~*

"Do not be discouraged if your prospect does not respond at once.
Search out another alcoholic and try again. You are sure to find
someone desperate enough to accept with eagerness what you offer. We find it a waste of time to keep chasing a man
who cannot or will not work with you. If you leave such a person alone, he may soon become convinced that he cannot
recover by himself. To spend too much time on any one situation is to deny some other alcoholic an opportunity to live and be happy."
Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, Working With Others, pg. 96

"We have begun to comprehend their futility and their fatality. We
have commenced to see their terrible destructiveness. We have begun
to learn tolerance, patience and good will toward all men, even our
enemies, for we look on them as sick people."
~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, How It Works, Pg. 70~

We have gained some understanding of the ancient words “Freely ye have received, freely give.
-Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions p. 166

Misc. AA Literature - Quote

No Personal Power
'At first, the remedy for my personal difficulties seemed so obvious that I could not imagine any alcoholic turning the
proposition down were it properly presented to him. Believing so firmly that Christ can do anything, I had the
unconscious conceit to suppose that He would do everything through me--right then and in the manner I chose. After six
long months, I had to admit that not a soul had surely laid hold of the Mater--not excepting myself.
'This brought me to the good healthy realization that there were plenty of situations left in the world over which I had no
personal power--that if I was so ready to admit that to be the case with alcohol, so I must make the same admission
with respect to much else. I would have to be still and know that He, not I, was God.' LETTER, 1940

Prayer For The Day: Dear Lord, help me to search my heart today to see if I am really living what I say I believe. Give me the courage to look at the REAL me, and with Your help, the strength to change whatever separates me from You. Create within me such a love for You that I will not count the cost. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply