Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-21-2015, 09:15 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Why Do We Complain?

WHY DO WE COMPLAIN?

If we want to focus on being encouraging to others, we need to think about what we say and the attitude we have. If we concentrate on our words before we speak, we could probably stop the complaining words from coming out of our mouths. Complaining and criticizing has no place in encouraging others. This time of year it is easy to complain about traffic, long lines and stress. So instead of doing what is easy, let�s decide to have the attitude and say the words God wants rather than what we feel like saying and doing.

John 15:5, 8 �Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing. When you produce much fruit, you are my true disciples. This brings great glory to my Father.� (NLT)

Dear Lord, we know complaining, criticizing and arguing do not produce the fruit You desire. Help us to be more aware of what we are thinking and saying and doing so we are doing what is pleasing to You. Help us be encouraging rather than condemning. Help us be loving rather than criticizing. Help us keep the peace rather than arguing. Show us Your will and Your way. We want to bring glory to You. In Jesus� name. Amen.

God wants us to remain in Him so we can produce good fruit with our words and our actions.

When we focus on what we are going to say before we say it, we will know whether or not it is even necessary to speak at all.

When we pray before we speak to those who are hard to get along with, God will help us say what is right.

When we pray before we take any action toward those who are hard to get along with, God will help us do what is right.

We are to do everything without complaining and arguing so we can be encouraging and share God�s word with others.

Philippians 2:14 �Do everything without complaining and arguing,� (NLT)

Focus: It is possible to do everything without complaining and arguing when our focus is on God and encouraging others.

http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_pu...log_id=6050543
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply