Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2017, 07:48 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default My choice

“My choice!” by Lakisha J

I recently started back on the journey of getting healthier. My husband and I joined an athletic center near the house and I am proud to say, we have been 4 consecutive days. Along with working out, I have also changed my eating habits. Today, for lunch, I walked with two of my coworkers to the cafeteria. I had already made up my mind saying I was getting grill chicken on a spinach wrap. We get there and the station that makes the sandwiches also makes pizza. My two coworkers order pizza with every meat available, some vegetables and covered in cheese. Really?? Baby, when I tell you it looked so good. But I held my own and I ordered my spinach, chicken wrap. What am I getting at? Your choices don’t have to be like those around you. You have a choice. Yes, I could have given in and ordered that good looking pizza but then I would have been mad at myself later on because it was my choice. And although, I was with them and they ordered pizza, it didn’t mean I had to. And guess what, we didn’t stop being coworkers because I ordered something different from the menu. It meant they made their choice and I made mine.

Look, you cannot keep using the excuse, “they made me do it.” My grandmother used to ask us, before the punishment, if everybody jump off a cliff are you going to jump too? Well, are you? At some point, you have to be alright with being different, doing things differently, answering questions differently or even asking questions differently. It does not mean you are better than anybody, it just means you are your own person who can make your own choices. Beloved, your destiny depends on you standing out from the in crowd. Your faith depends on you being able to know the difference between right and wrong. Your salvation depends on you being strong enough to make your own decision. You have a choice. This is why the bible says in Psalm 1:1-2, “Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, but whose delight is in the law of the LORD, and who meditates on his law day and night.” I do not have to agree with your every choice nor do I have to go along with everything you do. It’s my choice.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply